Home

ANY UPDATES ON WHEN "NORMAL" IS COMING BACK ONLINE???

This is a discussion on ANY UPDATES ON WHEN "NORMAL" IS COMING BACK ONLINE??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:01 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: ANY UPDATES ON WHEN "NORMAL" IS COMING BACK ONLINE???

I think EA said that the speed change has to be for everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 9

because you need to illustrate consistency.

cant have a guy on slow and a guy on high playing the same game.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:03 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

Smfh @ slow being sim.

Dudedes use that word like its nothing. When it was on normal there were no compl. But botw that its not people are. So put it back.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
It doesnt matter what speed anyone feels is most naturally to real life.

The fact is, the slow game speed masks most of the major defects in this game.

While game speed is low, the pocket and blocking animations arent as crazy. Defenses have time to react while QBS have more time in the pocket.

The biggest reason for this change is to mask the weaknesses in the game and try to make the game more fair to everyone.

Its certainly not about personal preference at this point.
I completely agree. There is no way that slow represents the speed of NFL action, but the gameplay is better.

Eghh...everyone is gonna have their preference....
Old 08-26-2009, 09:36 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
because you need to illustrate consistency.

cant have a guy on slow and a guy on high playing the same game.
agreed that u cant do that in the SAME game me (slow) vs you (normal). but thats why u make different lobbies so both players are playing on the same speed. let the players choose what speed game they want to play and its done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 09:47 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 10

I wonder how you experts know that slow is sim speed or normal speed is. Talking about it doesn't count if you have pads and a helmet. Well if your strong enough already the pads should be very light and plus you run with your legs so it shouldn't really effect it. Then you have to factor in fatigue. Then you should know what speed is. Everyone slows down a bit after they run first ten yards, speed is all about who can hold their top end speed but thats for 40 yard dash and they run in a straight line. So how can you guys really determine it?? But i play mines on normal because the nfl is FAST but im use to normal now it's just a bit harder for me to run now.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:49 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumEffort
I personally perfer normal because the problems I have had with slow is timming. The WR does not get to the spot on time and since the QB still throws hard its almost allways overthrown. Also, It just seems to easy on offense. Too much time to read and react,

Thats why so many ppl like slow. They don't have the skills to make the reads under pressure and need the extra time to be competitive.

How many low scoring games do you see on slow. Personally my offensive production has doubled. I'm scoring 30+ and letting up 27+ points a game.

I feel I deserve a refund from EA. It was stated by Ian that the retail online game speed was set to normal when the demo came out. I bought the game and elite status to play all madden 10 minutes on normal. Now because of so many ppl lacking skills and complaining my online experience is ruined.

Madden has officially become a arcade game and thats what most ppl want.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:52 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by datruth
Thats why so many ppl like slow. They don't have the skills to make the reads under pressure and need the extra time to be competitive.

How many low scoring games do you see on slow. Personally my offensive production has doubled. I'm scoring 30+ and letting up 27+ points a game.

I feel I deserve a refund from EA. It was stated by Ian that the retail online game speed was set to normal when the demo came out. I bought the game and elite status to play all madden 10 minutes on normal. Now because of so many ppl lacking skills and complaining my online experience is ruined.

Madden has officially become a arcade game and thats what most ppl want.

Actually it was more arcade when it was set on ritalin boy speed...They have it set now where a guy runs 40 in more or less the same time that they do in real life, thus the greater realism.

EA's games are getting more realistic, and that is a good thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »