Home

Hide Ratings and Potential in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Hide Ratings and Potential in Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 36
Hide Ratings and Potential in Franchise Mode

With football fans there always opinions on who the better player is. Is Brady better than Manning? Is Polamalu better than Reed? Is Fitzgerald better than the other recievers? Yet there is usually not a clear answer like overalls. Just stats.

Now with Madden we should hide ratings and potential and just use stats. I shouldnt know my rookie QB is going to be awesome or a bust. I shouldnt know there potential. All I should know for scouting is stats from college, workout numbers, and maybe some notes. When scouting I wont have potential, Ill just have to guess.

This also ends progression debates. A QB can be only 83 overall yet be one of the best QBs in the league according to stats (because his wide recievers). This will just add realism. When trading for Defensive Ends I will look at stats and not just go, I want Demarcus Ware over somebody like Dwight Freeney although Freeney had 5 more sacks.

You also wouldnt know when somebody had declined until you look at their numbers. I hate it when I know my running back has declined 6 points before the season has started. If the Chargers knew LT had declined last year, and Michael Turner was 95 overall they wouldve traded away LT and signed Turner. So in my franchise I just want to base everything on last years stats.

Also though you would need to add Position Rankings based on Stats. That way I could know who the best offensive lineman are without going through every single team, or the best QB. But these would not go by overalls. They would go by last years stats, so Michael Turner would've been around 35 last year.

Now Imagine this, you sign the 35th ranked running back and all of a sudden he becomes the 2nd ranked running back in the league. Now that is sweet.

This will make building teams harder and more realistic. No longer will Madden decide whos better, when stats clearly disagrees with their ratings. It will be decided on the field.

I know it may be confusing but tell me what you think of it and if you like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Hide Ratings and Potential in Franchise Mode

I sorta like the idea, but i dont want them taking away all of the stats. Like speed for example
Old 09-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefandpork
I sorta like the idea, but i dont want them taking away all of the stats. Like speed for example

Well for that you can just go by their 40 time.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

Good luck with this.... I got shutdown when i proposed removing the overall rating and just having individual ratings (speed, catch, tackle...), so you haven't got a chance of convincing them to remove all the ratings.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:36 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 10

I would love for Potential to be hidden in franchise mode; however, I wouldn't want all the ratings to be hidden. Just the overall rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

I love the idea and have been saying it for years. The ratings dont have to be taken out of the game, just make it so that it cant be seen in franchise mode.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #7
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
With football fans there always opinions on who the better player is. Is Brady better than Manning? Is Polamalu better than Reed? Is Fitzgerald better than the other recievers? Yet there is usually not a clear answer like overalls. Just stats.

Now with Madden we should hide ratings and potential and just use stats. I shouldnt know my rookie QB is going to be awesome or a bust. I shouldnt know there potential. All I should know for scouting is stats from college, workout numbers, and maybe some notes. When scouting I wont have potential, Ill just have to guess.

This also ends progression debates. A QB can be only 83 overall yet be one of the best QBs in the league according to stats (because his wide recievers). This will just add realism. When trading for Defensive Ends I will look at stats and not just go, I want Demarcus Ware over somebody like Dwight Freeney although Freeney had 5 more sacks.

You also wouldnt know when somebody had declined until you look at their numbers. I hate it when I know my running back has declined 6 points before the season has started. If the Chargers knew LT had declined last year, and Michael Turner was 95 overall they wouldve traded away LT and signed Turner. So in my franchise I just want to base everything on last years stats.

Also though you would need to add Position Rankings based on Stats. That way I could know who the best offensive lineman are without going through every single team, or the best QB. But these would not go by overalls. They would go by last years stats, so Michael Turner would've been around 35 last year.

Now Imagine this, you sign the 35th ranked running back and all of a sudden he becomes the 2nd ranked running back in the league. Now that is sweet.

This will make building teams harder and more realistic. No longer will Madden decide whos better, when stats clearly disagrees with their ratings. It will be decided on the field.

I know it may be confusing but tell me what you think of it and if you like it.
Good idea, but it'll never happen. You're not the first one to come up with this. You're jsut the latest. I brought this up years ago and was pretty much ignored for years until I finally just stopped asking about it.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #8
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Great idea. Not sure why ea would shoot this down every year as it would make franchise a ton more enjoyable and could be simply offered as an option to be able to view or not. Is an on/off option that tough to add?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »