Home

Are Pump Fakes worthless against Ds?

This is a discussion on Are Pump Fakes worthless against Ds? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #9
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Are Pump Fakes worthless against Ds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soodmeg
Again, I am gonna have to ask you guys to post some type of video prove of this.

Yeah you can pump easily but I am asking if they actually work with any rhyme or reason. I have never seen a pump fake move a Db.
This.

This game makes it extremely easy to upload videos. Please, post a video with proof. I need to see what I'm doing wrong. It would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #10
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3

ive also never seen a safety or cb bite on a pump fake. and when you say "use the stick and the pump fake" what stick are we talking about and how are we using the stick?

only reaction ive gotten from a pump fake is the D-line making early jumps for the swat.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

I have found the pump fake to be worthless. I either get sacked before I have time to do the pump or I go for the fake and nobody bites.

I find the same for play action yet magically my D continually bites on play action.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 05:08 PM   #12
Banned

Amen brother. I hate seeing a team that has only rushed from 20 yards on 15 attempts but my guys are flying to the RB on a 3rd and god damn 15.

Thats what I dont get about Madden, why must they take out features that actually work in favor of ones that are worthless? What happened to pass/run commit.

Hell if you are going to take it out at least make the game run logically. Its ridiculously how often my guys get sucked into a PA pass on 3rd and forever.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't have any videos on Madden, but here is one from NCAA 10.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/7577873

You can see the DB was burned badly because of the fake.

― Plato
Old 10-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #14
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Pump fakes are worthless IMO because the line won't protect good enough...and if they do you have to set the defense up you can't just come out the gates pumping everywhere..****n some comeback routes and then hit them with a pump-and-go
Old 10-03-2009, 06:30 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

With the right pump fake, you can see safeties and and corners "break their ankles", similar to what a crossover does in basketball.

Don't fake immediately after the hike. Wait a second so it seems like you've analyzed the field and are ready to throw. It can be risky but just dont do it often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #16
Banned

Wait, how in the hell can a pump fake be risky? Other than it taking 1 second to actually pump there is no risk. Big Ben pump fakes like 2-5 times on any given drop back.

Also, I have never played NCAA so I dont even want to look at footage for that game.

I have pumped faked at virtually every time you can think of. Gone into practice and just sat around pump faking still havent seen a legit fake out of the DB yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »