Home

EA CEO Speaks of an Innovative and New Take on Madden?

This is a discussion on EA CEO Speaks of an Innovative and New Take on Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #65
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Oh gosh, I hope they don't try and make this game arcade like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #66
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: EA CEO Speaks of an Innovative and New Take on Madden?

In reading this thread and the one about the hiring of Turmell, I've never seen so many foregone conclusions be made with so little, or virtually no, evidence or facts to support those conclusions.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

In reading this thread and the one about the hiring of Turmell, I've never seen so many foregone conclusions be made with so little, or virtually no, evidence or facts to support those conclusions.

I know. I was impressed they grabbed someone with a ton of experience.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 01-11-2010, 10:48 PM   #68
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarshad
All the reason for me to never sell Madden NFL 10. I don't think Maddenites appreciate this title as being the best sim Madden of all time. If you can't coach or call the correct plays on Madden, you will lose. I think this pushed away a ton of casual football gamers (2k crowd). However, I do welcome a change to make the overall presentation and gameplay elements more fun, but they should blend it with the current sim play mechanics.
Wow. I can't believe you actually wrote this. I've heard 2K gamers called a lot of things, but casual? That's a first. But let me not say to much. I'll probably get an infraction. Even though my comments are innocuous, they are directed at someone who is pro Madden, so that matters little.

As far as your belief that you need to call the right play to actually win in Madden 10, you obviously never play human opponents, nor do you have access to YouTube.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:55 PM   #69
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto1
An Electronic Arts source later told IGN the innovation Riccitiello is referring to will be a major surprise. "This is an innovation that changes the game significantly...and no one will see it coming," the source said.
My personal hope is that this new innovation that no one sees coming is that they licensed the Euphoria engine, but won't hold my breath on that.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:56 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 10
He has a lot of experience but it is not on core sim football. The gaming world as a whole is wooing the casual gamers riding the wii wave which is smart short term. The thing is in business you have to look further than five minutes in front of your face. When the wii fad runs its course and non-gamers return to what they dont usually do (play video games) the core gamers who driven the industry will be courted once again. When that day comes core gamers will not forget the neglect and open our wallets to companies who stay loyal just as we have thats the only way to gain say so in what gets in or stays out of games.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:02 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 55

I hope they adjust numerical ratings and go more towards abilities to describe athletes. I also hope the add more intangibles into the players to give them more character.

I'd also like the locomotion improvements and continued work on player interactions.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 11:04 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm tired of all the hoop and hollerin. I want a good game dammit. A quality game. I'm tired of hearing all about the bells and whistles included in this game.

I been disappointed for 4 years in a row. This next Madden, i'm waiting until all reviews, especially from real customers dish out the reviews. None of this waiting in line at midnight ready to fork over my hard earned money for an incomplete game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »