Home

Madden NFL 11 Video Shows Off Headshot Created w/ EA 3-D Pod

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video Shows Off Headshot Created w/ EA 3-D Pod within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2010, 12:16 AM   #41
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Check out EA's new 3-D Pod (Madden 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Maybe it is premature. So far what we have tho is that

1) for some reason they probably spent a ton of cash getting 3-d scans players heads when players wear helmets and are fined for removing them on the field.

2) they probably spent a fair amont of more cash getting Mark Turmell on board who has a huge arcade background and thinks the game is too complicated and wants to make it easier to pick up and play.

As far as what I'm looking for, none of the early info has boded well for the direction they want to take madden.
I'll only respond to number 2.

I think you are jumping the gun and speculating on that hire as well. It was already documented in this forum from Ian's Twitter that Everything You See on Sunday is Tummel's idea as well.

People seem to forget that he made a sim hockey game, but that is swept under the carpet because people see NBA Jam, Blitz, etc.......

I need to play a wait and see game on that hire. At this point, I will take Ian's word for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 12:38 AM   #42
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video Shows Off Headshot Created w/ EA 3-D Pod

I'm a little on the fence about everything. I want in my heart to think that they are working on what they should be working on, but I just can't put all my trust into EA like that. I've learned a few things in my life and one of those is look at the signs all around you. There's "new takes" and arcade directors and 3d head scans. It all points one way. I understand where roadman is coming from, but I also understand what kjcheezhead is saying too. He asks a good question. Why spend time and money on this when guys wear helmets 99% of the time? I don't know man. I know Ian's saying one thing, but all the signs are pointing at other things. Now I'm not saying I'm not buying the game or nothing already. I'm definitely looking forward for more info to come out, but right now, I'm with kjcheezhead, just a lil bit. There are some that give EA the benefit of the doubt then there are others like me lol. Here's hoping that 11 will be great and this is just the first sign of the greatness that will be Madden 11.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #43
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

That's what a message board is for is to speculate.

I tend to look at things in life, overall, with the glass half full. I'm still playing Madden 10 in my console. If I looked at things negatively all my life, my life would definitely be different. I've felt good about 10, the first time I've felt good about Madden in a long time, so, that's why I'm not all hyped up about premature news that I can't count as fact.

My point is that this is all speculative without any body of evidence what is really going on behind the scenes.

Man, Ian hasn't even released a blog about game play and the wheels start to come off.

What is really surprising is that EA is getting negative feedback based on a article the NFL wrote about. Eh, it's not really surprising when one bit of news is produced by another party.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:02 AM   #44
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That's what a message board is for is to speculate.

I tend to look at things in life, overall, with the glass half full. I'm still playing Madden 10 in my console. If I looked at things negatively all my life, my life would definitely be different. I've felt good about 10, the first time I've felt good about Madden in a long time, so, that's why I'm not all hyped up about premature news that I can't count as fact.

My point is that this is all speculative without any body of evidence what is really going on behind the scenes.

Man, Ian hasn't even released a blog about game play and the wheels start to come off.

What is really surprising is that EA is getting negative feedback based on a article the NFL wrote about. Eh, it's not really surprising when one bit of news is produced by another party.

QFT.

Roadman: The OS Voice of Reason

Great post man.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:03 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 1
Hey, I got a idea. How about EA not release any info about the game until August. THEY DON'T HAVE TO TELL US ANYTHING. All the negative reponses about nothing I'm sure are annoying and distracting to developers. All they said was 3-D headshots. Everybody fall back before this early info is takin away and then we'll really be left in the dark
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 10:46 AM   #46
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Has anyone ever thought of this? Maybe they are planning on having player interviews and celebrations post game, pre-game, half time, etc etc. And possibly bringing back the helmets getting knocked off among other types of elements where player's faces are needed to be correct. Ever thought of this? I highly doubt EA would ever spend that kind of money to capture 3d faces if they planned on the faces staying inside of the helmets the entire time. Think out side the box guys, quit being so narrow minded. I see this as a positive thing, not a negative thing.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:24 PM   #47
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Maybe they'll add game faces to the game this year.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:46 PM   #48
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I'll probably get slammed, but I don't care...

I'm tired of hearing about gameplay. I really am. It's not that I don't appreciate it or want a good game to play, but for the first time in years, I like Madden. I think Madden 10's gameplay is fine--I enjoy it, despite a bare bones franchise mode.

Is the game perfect? Nope, but it's fun.

People have literally been complaining about gameplay for ten years in football video games. It's never going to be perfect, and I accept that. What keeps me coming back is the immersion factor. The fact that my team looks real, my backups take a significant hit in quality compared to my starters, that my players properly progress when appropriate, and that I feel like I'm playing in a living, breathing stadium and league.

I definitely like a challenge in games, and that does go back to gameplay, but I'm not popping in Madden because I can't wait to see the blocking schemes. I play it because it's fun, that it feels fairly authentic, and that the cut scenes, sounds, graphics, franchise mode, and yes--player faces--give me an enhanced experience that I otherwise haven't had since 2K5.

Gameplay is great. With that said, great gameplay mixed with mediocre immersion will kill my replay value.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »