Home

Are Levels of play ruining gameplay?

This is a discussion on Are Levels of play ruining gameplay? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2010, 08:20 AM   #17
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Are Levels of play ruining gameplay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
thats a good question i have never noticed a difference strategically, and since they get a physical boost i would have to say yes it ruins gameplay....

different levels streach ratings IMO, this logic is extremely flawed and i wish the difficulty levels forced us to defend a more aggressive cpu looking to use the entire playbook instead of a cpu that gets better physical abilities.

the cpu FB cant block freeney on all pro but on all madden he can pancake him, thats bad gameplay, to fix this why not have the FB go for his legs or play with higher risk methods like holding him and risk the penalty,
Exactly why I had written this post. Thank you

Im sure more will see the light on this when they really think about it.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:31 AM   #18
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
This.

That is a definite problem w/ the game engine that needs to be fixed ASAP. The ratings on All Madden have no impact, a rookie CPU QB rated 55 can come in and torch you like he's Tom Brady. That needs to be fixed.

the ratings IMO is the biggest thing wrong in this game, a guy like joey porter a pass rusher should be rated nicely to work the d line, if he ever dropped back in coverage he should be burned, maybe he can play a 5 yd zone for maybe 5 seconds the most. his coverage stats should be in the 30's at most.

he should have single digit ratings for blocking( not 47), he should have little to no catch, his agility( not that it matters in madden) should be less than 50. other than in a 3-4 scheme he should be terrible.

but the game uses the same scheme for most teams so joey has to be rated allround to fit the same plays and all round LB would have....

i remember marvin harrison had a stiff arm of about 55, spin in the 80's, juke in the 80's slusiveness in the 80's

THATS why when the cpu catches the ball he turned into a RB carring guys and breaking tackles, anybody who watched 88 play know he got down after a short pick up and his yac was on big plays

the ratings are too similar for any player to stand out and thanks to the OVR rating if you edit guys they become garbage on the team

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 03-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Exactly why I had written this post. Thank you

Im sure more will see the light on this when they really think about it.
As long as your realism mode implements an upset mode, I'm good to go with your idea.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #20
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
As long as your realism mode implements an upset mode, I'm good to go with your idea.
Please elaborate specifically?

The more detailed information the better.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #21
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

It just means that a lower rated team would have to out strategize a better team. Realism would suggest that the better rated team would always win but ask the super bowl giants. Their team many would say should have lost but they outplayed and out strategized the patriots. Upsets do happen so I agree that a lower rated team should have to work harder to beat a higher rated team. Cause that's realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 25

the problem is that 98% of all the ratings are pretty worthless and are more there for show than anything else. They perform based on the difficulty settings and not their attributes (aside from Speed and Acceleration of course).

If ratings actually mattered, difficulty levels would actually work. But...ratings dont....really matter.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #23
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I came to realize that Madden should have a level of play called Realism.

In this level you will get the results of the players true attributes and raitngs, and this will determine the true outcome of a play.

Where matchups really mean something, and having a real gameplan to exploit a teams weakness means something.

With levels being set from rookie to All Madden. Your not getting a true representation of the sport. In rookie star players play below thier level, and in All Madden you get low skilled players playing above their level, but we do not have that level where players play true to their abilities.

I understand why they have done this, and that is cool, but I think if there is one level that truly has the players perform to their real abilities. You can really get that unpredictable play we want, and at the sametime really play teams that duplicate their true to life style of play.

To clear this up some more. Players want realistic results, but by picking a level of play either the game is to easy or to hard, but we do not have that level where from game to game it differs from getting blown out to a easy win, or a battle to the end all in the same season. Usually to get something like this you would have to change the level of play during that season.

What I would suggest is make 3 levels of play.
Rookie
Realism
All Madden

I think this would be great , and present a clearer picture for playing football on Madden.

I know someone is going to mention this , but sliders do not do it.

I hear what you are saying, but I think that this is something that the developers, past and present, have been trying to accomplish all along. They just have not been successful at it.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #24
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
If players only performed based on their ratings, you literally couldn't win with a team that was worse than the team you're playing against. The higher rated OVR team would always win, because they have better rated players.
Not true. Lesser teams beat upper echelon teams all the time in real life. If you scout your opponent and come up with the right gameplan and execute that gameplan, then on a given day, you can beat anyone. A videogame would be no different, especially if you are talking about human vs human.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »