Home

Fans to Influence Madden NFL 11 Rookie Ratings During the NFL Draft

This is a discussion on Fans to Influence Madden NFL 11 Rookie Ratings During the NFL Draft within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2010, 03:22 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Fans to Influence Madden NFL 11 Rookie Ratings During the NFL Draft

See whats funny is we will be able to tell (well EA will) who the fanboy kids are from the football sim guys are (you know the ones who KNOW about football).

The people that know football and are the sim guys and will 99.9% of the time remain unbiased about ANY player. Even if they personally despise one player but he's worth an 85 OVR then he'll get an 85 OVR vote by that particular person.

1) Because it's more realistic and thats what simmers want.

2) When they play AGAINST that player that has the 85 OVR and they BEAT them, it's that much more satisfying.

Personally I can't stand Tim Tebow but if he's worth a 75 OVR as a rookie, then I will give it to him for the realism (just using this as an example) which is entirely what us offline franchisers really are after.

Case closed.

Last edited by joejccva71; 03-31-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2010, 05:16 PM   #66
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I suspect a lot of fans will take this seriously, but even if they don't - it's easy. Just pick an OVR range for rookies, say 60-80, and just drop off every vote who rates them outside that range. That easily shops out all the haters giving them 0's and the fanboys giving them 99's.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:00 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 12
Then again how much worse could they do it?
Last year the best catch # on the Giants was rookie TE, 4th rounder Travis Beckam, with an 85 catch, I assumed the "ratings guy", was a Wisconsin alum.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:05 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 25

stupidest idea since the "weapons' idea....
Old 03-31-2010, 07:36 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 14

This is the worst idea in the history of sports games. Seriously, Tim Tebow is going to play like Tom Brady.Mark my words.
What they should be doing instead of setting up this nonsense is using the ideas that people post on this site. Everyone knows that the overall rating is useless nowadays in Madden.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:39 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 3

Did people bother to read the responses from Dewiel at EA? Why does page 3 have the same posts as page 1? Please stop raging over something that isn't going to happen.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:14 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 20

The thing that really comes to mind here is last year during the draft when several people on here were talking about how great of a passer pat white was going to be and trying to compare him to guys like drew brees saying that by mid season through roster updates he would easily be atleast 80s overall. There are a lot of people out there who just cannot take an objective opinion of a player due to having seen him play at college and being a fan and wanting to see him succeed at the next level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 4
this game is going to be terrible anyway....look who its made by. i'll stick to my 6 year old game that is better and more fun to play and it plays like a SIMULATION.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »