Home

Fans to Influence Madden NFL 11 Rookie Ratings During the NFL Draft

This is a discussion on Fans to Influence Madden NFL 11 Rookie Ratings During the NFL Draft within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2010, 10:36 PM   #41
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Fans to Influence Madden NFL 11 Rookie Ratings During the NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
Yea i can't say this is a good idea, as stated several times, there is going to be so much over rating the average in itself is going to be screws, heck i know im going to hate on every ohio state player
Thaddeus Gibson? Umm, 4 OVR.

Drag that average right down.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2010, 10:58 PM   #42
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

To be honest, I don't think the masses are going to be very intelligent or honest in their assements of players. I think Donny not going to get too much help from this.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:29 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 11

Oh man this is a bad idea..

Unless you go with it, and then just lower every rookie's overall by 10.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:53 PM   #44

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Honestly I think this is lame from both the aspects of marketing and the game itself.

I don't see how this would help them to sell more copies aside from it generating a little more buzz, but to be fair, how many people are going to buy the game just because they voted for the ratings of the rookies?

As far as the effect on the game itself...

I'm sure there will be restrictions Donny places (I assume so at least) but still if the initial roster update is at all affected by fans votes it WILL have an affect on the ratings down the line.

First of all, we all now how the roster updates work. They take the initial rating, and either boost or subtract the ratings based on performance.

My issue isn't so much with players ratings going up based on performance because if the ratings are based on what fans give them and go up, it means they are over-performing, but it is with how quickly players ratings will decrease where warranted.

I'll use Bradford as an example because he was already used, what if he is given a 90 rating based on fans of his team wanting him to be the best and he has a terrible year? How quickly will his ratings decrease? I usually use the 2nd or 3rd update to start my franchise and would hate to have to use a roster with inflated ratings on it.

Yes I am probably thinking way too much into it but those are my thoughts.

To me this just feels like they were all sitting at a conference table and even though no one agreed with the idea, they have to comply with what the big guy says (anyone in the working world knows what this feels like).
Old 03-31-2010, 12:50 AM   #45
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Here is what is going to happen:

All the people that think a player is the next GOAT are going to inflate the ratings. Everyone who hates on them will underrate them. Therefore, the ratings will offset each other and no ratings will actually change.

I bet if we were to start a poll with a well known eligible draft player (ie Eric Berry) and give a base rating and allow a +/- 10 in the choices and I bet the rating doesnt change at all after our choices are averaged out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2010, 01:57 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 20

I am probably going to create a few usernames and just vote straight 0s for everyone to offset all the fans trying to boost their player's ratings.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:36 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 6

I read one of the comments that were left on the page of the blog that was very interesting. The person wrote that you can post your name to EA and pronunciation so they can have it in the game. Is this true and if so where can I do this?
Old 03-31-2010, 03:13 AM   #48
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmick4324
I read one of the comments that were left on the page of the blog that was very interesting. The person wrote that you can post your name to EA and pronunciation so they can have it in the game. Is this true and if so where can I do this?
EA did it last year for NCAA and earlier this year (like January maybe) if you followed any EA guys they did something similar over twitter. For that they didn't say what game it would be for, just "get your name in an EA game."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »