Home

Do you believe catching really will be fixed?

This is a discussion on Do you believe catching really will be fixed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you believe the catching will be fixed this year?
Yes 13 9.63%
No 51 37.78%
Somewhat, but nowhere near 100% fixed 71 52.59%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Do you believe catching really will be fixed?

Do you believe that the Madden team will have fixed catching this coming year? We have been told the same thing over and over that they fixed this and they fixed that. Heck, you can even go back and look at an old Madden 08 article and it says something along the lines of, "Are you tired of your WR running out of bounds when he could have easily kept his feet in bounds and picked up more yards? Well, the EA devs tell us thats a thing of the past with their all new catching animations."

Now, thats not what it actually says, but thats pretty close. The point is, we have seen them tell us catching will be fixed before. Ian even told us we would see more toe tap animations last year, but I saw three the entire time I played Madden and one was in the direct middle of the field.

So do you believe it will be fixed?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Do you believe catching really will be fixed?

I'm surprised no one asked in the chat yesterday about the response time when making the catch manually. There's a fairly big delay when playing on the Very Slow game speed.

To me, this is fixing catching, and since I haven't seen Ian or anyone recognize it as a problem, I honestly don't think it will be fixed, which means you'll only be able to play faster speeds and be rewarded for manual play.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

In '10 where when me and my buddy played, guys could sometimes gets four steps inbounds on the right sideline before going out and it'd still be ruled no catch.

My hopes are not high that they fix catching for '11.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I noticed that as well. I always played on the slower speeds and did notice a delay in when I'd press Y and when my receiver or defender would react. I doubt that will be fixed as its so minor they probably won't spend much time on it if any at all. But it does affect people who play on slower speeds like you and I.

― Plato
Old 04-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #5
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I'm surprised no one asked in the chat yesterday about the response time when making the catch manually. There's a fairly big delay when playing on the Very Slow game speed.

To me, this is fixing catching, and since I haven't seen Ian or anyone recognize it as a problem, I honestly don't think it will be fixed, which means you'll only be able to play faster speeds and be rewarded for manual play.
I'm sure someone asked but it probably never got passed the screeners to the devs. I know I asked a whoooole lot of questions and none of them got to the devs. I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

I voted that it will be fixed somewhat. EA very rarely get's anything 100% correct and I don't expect this to be any different. I do think that some things will be fixed though, for the simple fact that if it's not, then all hell's gonna break lose. After last year, a lot of people are taking a "I'll believe it when I see it" approach to Madden this year so they're looking for it. If it's unchanged(again) this place is gonna go crazy. Also, I think the debugging tool is gonna help them fix some things as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #6
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Wait and see. That's pretty much my motto with M adden and N CAA this year.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:09 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 19

I hope it will, i guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

It's been promised in Madden 08,09, and 10. They don't even show us how it's fixed, just what the bad stuff looked like. At this point I gotta believe if they could've fixed this, they would've done it already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »