Home

Community Day Feedback?

This is a discussion on Community Day Feedback? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #17
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Community Day Feedback?

Yeah I won't be getting nearly as excited about this stuff like I did last year

I thought to myself last year....well if even our hardcore brothers were pumped for the potential the game had, then maybe it would be ok to believe 10 was going to be different

Turns out they took out or nerfed almost all the "Hardcore" things that made them excited

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 04-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #18
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
it's cool that Ian & co. invited OS again but the CD guys from last year said some things didn't make it into the final product so i'm not sure i'd put much weight into what they observed at CD this year.........may or may not make it into the game
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Yeah I won't be getting nearly as excited about this stuff like I did last year

I thought to myself last year....well if even our hardcore brothers were pumped for the potential the game had, then maybe it would be ok to believe 10 was going to be different

Turns out they took out or nerfed almost all the "Hardcore" things that made them excited
Right.
Maybe one or all of you CD guys can answer this. Did any of you leave CD this year a little skeptical that something that you saw was not going to make it into the final build because of what happened last year? I'm just wondering because last year a lot of CD guys said that the final version of 10 had a lot of stuff from community day taken out or tweaked so much that it was not as effective as it was on CD. I'm just curious if, after that, there was something that you saw this time that you thought might not make it into the final game.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:11 PM   #19
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
So long as the throwing has nothing to do with the right stick then I'm fine with it. I got use to the right stick on D on madden 10. But throwing is something else.
This is my best guess: Shaped skill moves, trigger sprint/strafe and 360 degree running implemented like Fifa has done. I'm really hoping for the shaping of skills, I've never felt that a simple four-way push of the RS was very intuitive. Having seen what Fight Night, NHL and Fifa have been able to do with the RS, it's high time for an upgrade. And that's not even bringing up 2k's efforts with the Shot and Swing sticks. I have a feeling that Ian's about to give the controls a big upgrade. That's probably gonna create a bit of an uproar at first. But seeing as all of the other EA games and NBA2k are making money hand over fist with the upgrades in control, I'd say it's time for Madden to take a chance, too. But I can't see Ian going with toying with thwing on the RS, that's too much right now....

P.S. I can see them having both a defensive assist and double-team D assist ala Fifa, as well. The "hardcore" will cry, but it hasn't cheapened Fifa one bit. As a matter of fact, it allows the developers to make the CPU or NPC players smarter and more challenging because you can use that mechanism to help out without having to dumb down the CPU to a level that reflexes can keep up with. It's not any worse, just different.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 04-12-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #20
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Right.
Maybe one or all of you CD guys can answer this. Did any of you leave CD this year a little skeptical that something that you saw was not going to make it into the final build because of what happened last year? I'm just wondering because last year a lot of CD guys said that the final version of 10 had a lot of stuff from community day taken out or tweaked so much that it was not as effective as it was on CD. I'm just curious if, after that, there was something that you saw this time that you thought might not make it into the final game.
I think the only thing they would be able to say is how they felt about the game. But they are not aloud give vital info out until they have been given permission to talk about certain stuff are until the embargo is complete lefted. Which want be until the last of the info is given out near the end of the summer.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:23 PM   #21
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

If they add Right analog stick passing to M11, IMHO it'll be a joke. It'll look like they are trying to keep up / match BackBreaker, just like they did with player icons in Madden 08 to match APF2K8's Legends/Player Abilities. I will buy BackBreaker and try the new passing mechanism because it's new. If Madden 11 is using it later in the year, then I'll try the demo, but I doubt I'll buy it (not even used) because I honestly can't imagine it being fun. If it's added, then I hope gamers have the option to go back to the normal button based passing.

Shaped skill moves sound interesting, as long as the QB is excluded.

Last edited by Valdarez; 04-12-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #22
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
This is my best guess: Shaped skill moves, trigger sprint/strafe and 360 degree running implemented like Fifa has done. I'm really hoping for the shaping of skills, I've never felt that a simple four-way push of the RS was very intuitive. Having seen what Fight Night, NHL and Fifa have been able to do with the RS, it's high time for an upgrade. And that's not even bringing up 2k's efforts with the Shot and Swing sticks. I have a feeling that Ian's about to give the controls a big upgrade. That's probably gonna create a bit of an uproar at first. But seeing as all of the other EA games and NBA2k are making money hand over fist with the upgrades in control, I'd say it's time for Madden to take a chance, too. But I can't see Ian going with toying with thwing on the RS, that's too much right now....

P.S. I can see them having both a defensive assist and double-team D assist ala Fifa, as well. The "hardcore" will cry, but it hasn't cheapened Fifa one bit. As a matter of fact, it allows the developers to make the CPU or NPC players smarter and more challenging because you can use that mechanism to help out without having to dumb down the CPU to a level that reflexes can keep up with. It's not any worse, just different.
About the skilled moves with the right stick, I hope to god youre right. this is what ive been looking for nearly every year. you completely hit the nail on the head about the current juke system not being intuitive at all. There is NO SKILL involved in that. a locomotion system that requires the user to pull off tough moves with the right stick to perform a multitude of various moves are essential in separating good and bad gamers. i really hope that there are right stick moves such as in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tgR...eature=related
It would go a long way in forcing gamers to be good on the sticks. Nothing sucks more than playing a guy who has no stick skills in other games, such as shooters or whatever, but then presses up constantly and trucks over people. Anyway, I'm not going to rant about trucking, (up could be better used as a jab where you flick up, then rotate a certain direction to pull off a lot of moves) but lets hope this makes the game.

Hopefully one of the community guys can talk about this.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #23
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
2 points i saw on adembroski's twitter...

"FIFA has more influence on the dev team than just locomotion. It's going to be interesting to see how people respond."

"Madden NFL 11 community was fun. About all I can say at this point is whatever you think Madden 11 will be, you're probably wrong."

last one has me a little worried..
I actually meant that as a positive. A lot of people think Ian and Co. are going to be switching to a more arcady approach. This is absolutely not true. I would say the sim focus is actually stronger now. Not to say the early info on game time and accessibility wasn't addressed... most definitely was. Time is a big factor in a lot of things, and time was taken. That's about all I can really say on it right now.

The Fifa influence I'm talking about is more in approach than actual mechanics. I can't say much on this front. You'll see.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 04-12-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #24
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I think the only thing they would be able to say is how they felt about the game. But they are not aloud give vital info out until they have been given permission to talk about certain stuff are until the embargo is complete lefted. Which want be until the last of the info is given out near the end of the summer.
Yeah, I know. I was just wondering if they saw anything that made them say they'd be surprise if they actually saw it in the final version. I wasn't asking for them to name it, just if they saw something that made them feel that way. I know, personally, I would probably feel like that if I saw them trying to do something that was a massive game changer or something that seemed like it was going to be overly complicated to implement. Still these guys have played the game so there may be something that they saw that didn't feel right or whatever. I was just wondering if any of them had those thoughts in light of what happened last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »