Home

where are the franchise updates?

This is a discussion on where are the franchise updates? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: where are the franchise updates?

To me, and you can call me crazy if you want, but Madden sales are driven by franchise players (off and online) and if they concentrate on game play issues and making franchise more complete they would sell more games!!!

And they are not going to reveal any improvements of franchise mode until later, cuz us franchise guys will be here with ravenous anticipation no matter what, where the rest need to be hyped into a frenzy!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:04 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
That's fine but all I'm saying is that they are obviously doing something to it since nothing has been announced yet. They aren't get a guy that made head coach for nothing.

It will be but I'm pretty sure that it won't be the MAIN priority.
They are obviously doing something to it since nothing has been announced yet? What? History has shown that they don't talk about something that hasn't been substantially worked. Why? Because they would rather steer the talking points, discussion, articles, reports, etc. toward the things they have substantially worked on.

The marketing machine is in motion. Where are they steering the discussion? Gameflow, simpler, quicker, deeper, and oh yeah ONLINE! That right there tells me those things will be the MAIN priority! Sure, they'll throw us a bone in a few months about some tweak, but history shows that's about it.

You asked me how I know before you edited your post? Easy. Off the top of my head, Peter Moore has come out and said online is "the future" and where they want to concentrate their efforts. Just about every bit of marketing "literature" makes reference to ONLINE. Given this and EA's past behavior, it's not hard to see what 2 + 2 equals.

At the very LEAST, we know offline franchise will not be a MAIN priority.

You mention Looman, ok, fine. He appeared to do a great job on HC. That was HC. They made it clear last year not to expect HC dropped into Madden. I believe most understood and accepted that. But what we did get was busted franchise stats, both at release and after 2 patches and no substantive addition. So yeah, I'm not quite a believer yet. They must EARN it first. When he gets the work done, I'll give him the props--but not before.

Again, past history and their desire to steer people's discussions towards other things leads me to believe "just enough to get by".

I could easily turn the question around on you and ask "how do you know franchise is going to substantially worked this year?" You'll point to HC no doubt. But HC isn't Madden.

When you ask me "how do you know that online will be priority" as you did before you edited your post, I believe I have more history and evidence to support my assertion than those who claim franchise will be given an upgrade.

Unless you count fixes that should have long been in franchise as upgrades.

I'm sure both of us want the same thing, but some go by history and oft-repeated patterns of behavior, while others always go on faith that "this is the year".

I hope I'm proven wrong. But they have to show me first.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #75
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
They are obviously doing something to it since nothing has been announced yet? What? History has shown that they don't talk about something that hasn't been substantially worked. Why? Because they would rather steer the talking points, discussion, articles, reports, etc. toward the things they have substantially worked on.
I said that they're not talking about it YET. Each year there's a blog on franchise improvements... the fact that there hasn't been one yet shows that there are obviously doing some good work to it.

There's much more news to come about the game as there has always been during this time of year. Don't get why ones aren't believing that when it has been the case for a while now.

Quote:
The marketing machine is in motion. Where are they steering the discussion? Gameflow, simpler, quicker, deeper, and oh yeah ONLINE! That right there tells me those things will be the MAIN priority!

Again online will be a priority but that won't be the main priority. The main priority is to make the game better in all it's aspects which is why there's different teams working on different areas of the game.

"simpler, deeper, quicker" could be used to describe just about all areas of the game. In terms of them talking about online, just because they are doesn't mean that it's the main priority. Heck, there's still fewer people that don't play online compared to the ones that do. Making it the main priority wouldn't be good for sales.

The spike TV announcement last year was about online co-op... do you think that that was the dev teams main focus as whole?

Again... much more news is coming. There's 3 months left.

Quote:
You asked me how I know before you edited your post? Easy. Off the top of my head, Peter Moore has come out and said online is "the future" and where they want to concentrate their efforts. Just about every bit of marketing "literature" makes reference to ONLINE. Given this and EA's past behavior, it's not hard to see what 2 + 2 equals.
I agree with him in saying that online is the future of gaming as more and more things are being tied into it but again, that's obviously not the only thing that they are focusing on.
Quote:

At the very LEAST, we know offline franchise will not be a MAIN priority.
The main priority will be to make the game better in all aspects.

Quote:
They must EARN it first. When he gets the work done, I'll give him the props--but not before.
That's fine...

Just saying though that the fact that nothing has been said about franchise yet when last year during this time we already had news about it shows they are more than likely doing more to it than what they did last year.

The franchise blog last year came out April 6th. Right now it's April 24th, one week before May starts.

Quote:

I could easily turn the question around on you and ask "how do you know franchise is going to substantially worked this year?" You'll point to HC no doubt. But HC isn't Madden.
Look at the previous things I said above^^

Quote:
When you ask me "how do you know that online will be priority" as you did before you edited your post, I believe I have more history and evidence to support my assertion than those who claim franchise will be given an upgrade.
I edited my post because I meant to say MAIN priority.

Anyways, just because it's been that way earlier this gen doesn't mean that it will follow the same suit now. The fact that there's an obvious new direction along with the fact that there hasn't been any news about franchise yet (when there is each year) AND the fact that they got Looman shows to me that they have things in mind for improving franchise mode and that it will more than likely be more than what they did last year.

Quote:
I hope I'm proven wrong. But they have to show me first.

Well we're just going to have to move on and wait for the franchise mode news to come.

Here's last years blog btw (released on April 6th, 2009):
http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...rovements.aspx

Along with Head Coach 09, he also worked on the last gen madden franchise modes (Madden 2004 to Madden 2007). Pretty sure we can all agree that Madden 2004 was a pretty big step in terms of franchise mode.

If there was going to be nothing but minor tweaks to franchise mode here on out, I really don't think that they would be putting him back in especially when casual fans don't really care that much about franchise mode improvements.

But as I said, we're just going to have to move on and wait for the franchise mode news to come...

Last edited by Bgamer90; 04-24-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #76
Banned

Quote:
The main priority will be to make the game better in all aspects.
Ah, now that's EA-speak if I've ever heard it.

The main priority will be whatever they devote the most time, resources, man-power, etc. regardless of intent. History this gen shows offline franchise ain't it.

Quote:
Anyways, just because it's been that way earlier this gen doesn't mean that it will follow the same suit now.
Doesn't mean that it won't either, hence your faith.

The fact that's been that way earlier this gen lends credence to the idea that it will be the same until they prove otherwise.

Quote:
The fact that there's an obvious new direction along with the fact that there hasn't been any news about franchise yet (when there is each year) AND the fact that they got Looman shows to me that they have things in mind for improving franchise mode and that it will more than likely be more than what they did last year.
Speculation based on faith until they prove otherwise, and contrary to their past pattern of behavior.

I don't begrudge your faith, it's a very noble thing and I'm sure greatly appreciated by EA.

Quote:
Well we're just going to have to move on and wait for the franchise mode news to come.
This we can agree on. Time will most definitely tell if it's substantive or just enough to get by.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:21 PM   #77
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Ah, now that's EA-speak if I've ever heard it.

The main priority will be whatever they devote the most time, resources, man-power, etc. regardless of intent. History this gen shows offline franchise ain't it.
How can you base history on what a previous person did on what a new person will do now?

Quote:
Doesn't mean that it won't either, hence your faith.
lol love how you keep using "faith".

All I'm doing is just comparing trends in which news gets released.

Quote:
The fact that's been that way earlier this gen lends credence to the idea that it will be the same until they prove otherwise.
So would you say that the sim oriented direction of Madden 10 was the same that previous Maddens had this gen?

Quote:
Speculation based on faith until they prove otherwise, and contrary to their past pattern of behavior.
Again.. not based on faith...

It's mainly based on trends in which news about Madden gets released (along with Looman who worked on HC and the last gen madden franchise modes coming back). Last year's franchise blog was released early in April. We are almost in May now...

Quote:
I don't begrudge your faith, it's a very noble thing and I'm sure greatly appreciated by EA.
Maybe...

I personally could care less if it is to be honest.

Quote:
This we can agree on. Time will most definitely tell if it's substantive or just enough to get by.
Yep.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 29

I think we will see a few things for sure this year -

• Future Draft Picks for trading (I am also hoping for more than 10 picks per draft.
  • Better/More Aggressive CPU Trade/FA AI
  • Some sort of life in Franchise Mode - At the end of the season (In Madden 10), you have to go down like 7 levels to find out who won MVP... Really?
  • A real draft experience - They really don't have room for excuses on this anymore. They brought in Gus Johnson to read god knows how many lines of dialogue... I would think some sort of Draft Presentation and overhaul would be just as important.
Why does every post I do on this thread feel like a wishlist...?
Old 04-24-2010, 10:45 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
How can you base history on what a previous person did on what a new person will do now?
Easy, because the "new" person hasn't done anything substantive and we had busted franchise stats (a basic staple of offline franchise) under his watch to boot.

I note your words "will do", i.e., future tense, ergo faith.

Quote:
lol love how you keep using "faith".
lol, love how you keep exercising it.

Quote:
All I'm doing is just comparing trends in which news gets released.
Oh, there's no doubt SOMETHING will be said somewhere down the road--question is, is what they mention going to be about something substantive added, or tweaks "just enough to get by"?

Throwing a bone notwithstanding, I'm sure EA will be delighted to keep the discussion and talking points focused on all those great online franchise features they've been working on (generally speaking).

Quote:
So would you say that the sim oriented direction of Madden 10 was the same that previous Maddens had this gen?
You talking franchise or something else?

Quote:
It's mainly based on trends in which news about Madden gets released (along with Looman who worked on HC and the last gen madden franchise modes coming back). Last year's franchise blog was released early in April. We are almost in May now...
See above.

We could round and round, and both of us stand where we do for very specific reasons. We can split hairs, argue semantics, etc. At the end of the day, you believe. I might, after I see the released product.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:48 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I think we will see a few things for sure this year -

• Future Draft Picks for trading (I am also hoping for more than 10 picks per draft.
  • Better/More Aggressive CPU Trade/FA AI
  • Some sort of life in Franchise Mode - At the end of the season (In Madden 10), you have to go down like 7 levels to find out who won MVP... Really?
  • A real draft experience - They really don't have room for excuses on this anymore. They brought in Gus Johnson to read god knows how many lines of dialogue... I would think some sort of Draft Presentation and overhaul would be just as important.
Why does every post I do on this thread feel like a wishlist...?
lol, that's a good list. If these things were added (with no bugs of course), they would make for more immersive experience for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »