Home

where are the franchise updates?

This is a discussion on where are the franchise updates? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2010, 11:30 PM   #81
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: where are the franchise updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Easy, because the "new" person hasn't done anything substantive and we had busted franchise stats (a basic staple of offline franchise) under his watch to boot.

I note your words "will do", i.e., future tense, ergo faith.
The stats system is messed up, I agree, but replacing it is something that would be good news later on in the year as madden 11 gets close to being released. Like I said before, casuals don't care about stats... they would never announce something of that nature as a big & main thing to advertise the game with.

Quote:
lol, love how you keep exercising it.
Huhh... once again I'm just looking at things based on how news has been released previously. You remind me of a person that I had a similar discussion with. It was about presentation and whether or not it was being worked on. I told him that since there wasn't any news about it yet (this was in late May/ early April) and that there's always presentation improvements being made including the fact that presentation was on just about everyone's wishlist, that news about it's improvements will come soon and to expect some pretty decent sized things.

And I was right. Presentation (while still needing work) was a big improvement for Madden 10.

I've been following madden blogs a while now, taking info from them and making lists which show what the improvements of the game will be. I'm pretty good at knowing how news gets released. These upcoming months (just like in past years) are going to show a lot more info about the game especially with E3 coming soon.

Quote:
Oh, there's no doubt SOMETHING will be said somewhere down the road--question is, is what they mention going to be about something substantive added, or tweaks "just enough to get by"?
Seeing as how franchise mode news is being held back compared to when it was announced in previous years, I really doubt that it will be just simple tweaks.

Quote:
Throwing a bone notwithstanding, I'm sure EA will be delighted to keep the discussion and talking points focused on all those great online franchise features they've been working on (generally speaking).
Since online franchise just got added last year, I do agree that they will more than likely be talking about the improvements to it in upcoming months. I disagree though in terms of that being the focus of all of the discussion points.

Quote:
You talking franchise or something else?
Just in general... you keep using past record to determine what will happen when as can be seen with Madden 10, the focus and improvements of the game were different compared to how they were the previous (early) years this gen. Due to that direction I don't think you should base what franchise mode improvements there will be for Madden 11 on how things were early this gen. I don't really find that to be fair.

If anything in my opinion you should base it on how you felt about the franchise modes in last gen madden games since Looman worked on those.

Quote:
...At the end of the day, you believe. I might, after I see the released product.
Okay.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying that the news will be AMAZING, all I'm saying is that there will be news and since the news is being held back (obviously, since there's always news about what improvements were made to franchise mode each year), they are more than likely doing more work to it compared to what was done to it last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 11:43 PM   #82
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I haven't read through any of this thread, I'm just trying to answer the question. I apologize if it's already been mentioned.

IIRC, last year franchise info wasn't released until E3 so, I assume that things will be the same this year. So, look for some franchise info in Mid-June.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-25-2010, 01:00 PM   #83
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

some of you guys remind of women who nag and nag their boyfriends to get married. the guy just takes it on the chin every day. then finally he breaks the question at the right time and you are all tears.

i think it will be fine they know what was the shortcomings . looman was on here alot and had his own threads i think after this ultimate team crap is done you will hear alot about franchises
Old 04-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
some of you guys remind of women who nag and nag their boyfriends to get married. the guy just takes it on the chin every day. then finally he breaks the question at the right time and you are all tears.

i think it will be fine they know what was the shortcomings . looman was on here alot and had his own threads i think after this ultimate team crap is done you will hear alot about franchises
That sums up Ultimate Team for me pretty well. I know some people like it, just like some people like Superstar Mode... and that is awesome, I am glad you like it.

However, there is something to be said for being open about Franchise Mode when there is so much that needs to be fixed, tweaked and expanded upon.

I think a lot about Madden 10 was getting Gameplay people to shut up about 2K5... Now it is just a matter of getting us (Franchise guys) to shut up about Madden 2005.

The presentation looks like it is FINALLY on the right track as far as IN GAME, but I hope they make sure to focus on the aesthetics of Franchise Mode (Tony Bruno TYPE of presentation would be nice... I am sick of not hearing/seeing what is happening around the league without having to side-scroll though 10 tabs).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »