Home

where are the franchise updates?

This is a discussion on where are the franchise updates? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 11:24 PM   #49
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: where are the franchise updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
I wish I could find the glasses you're wearing when viewing Madden.
Yes, EA has been losing money....why? Because they got fat and lazy, and stopped innovating for quite a while....their "stellar" games fell off the map, Madden included.
But, to suggest that they can't afford to hire more people is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read!
To make money you gotta' spend money....how about taking some of their MASSIVE marketing budget and putting it into R&D?? How about getting Madden back to the popularity it once had by making the game great again? They'd make more money than they'd spend if the game sold as it used to.
I hear people here all the time asking "how can you guys bash EA for this and that"....well, some of the remarks on the other end (such as the one I quoted) are just as crazy and pathetic as the flaming posts.
And I am SO tired of hearing the SAME rhetoric as we've listened to these last few years..."this is an alpha build, relax"..."there's still X number of months for them to fix this or that"..."this is only so and so's 2nd year in charge, just give them time"....."just cause they aren't hyping it doesn't mean they aren't doing it"....
OMG, when will people stop wearing the rose colored glasses and wake up to realize we will get what we've gotten in the past....incremental improvements (or at least changes) year to year at best.
Ian is not the 2nd coming of Christ, nor is Josh....they are employees of a huge money making machine, who's only purpose is to make the company more money in whatever way they can. Period.

Excellent post! My thoughts exactly.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 04-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #50
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I wish I could find the glasses you're wearing when viewing Madden.
Yes, EA has been losing money....why? Because they got fat and lazy, and stopped innovating for quite a while....their "stellar" games fell off the map, Madden included.
But, to suggest that they can't afford to hire more people is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read!
To make money you gotta' spend money....how about taking some of their MASSIVE marketing budget and putting it into R&D?? How about getting Madden back to the popularity it once had by making the game great again? They'd make more money than they'd spend if the game sold as it used to.
I hear people here all the time asking "how can you guys bash EA for this and that"....well, some of the remarks on the other end (such as the one I quoted) are just as crazy and pathetic as the flaming posts.
And I am SO tired of hearing the SAME rhetoric as we've listened to these last few years..."this is an alpha build, relax"..."there's still X number of months for them to fix this or that"..."this is only so and so's 2nd year in charge, just give them time"....."just cause they aren't hyping it doesn't mean they aren't doing it"....
OMG, when will people stop wearing the rose colored glasses and wake up to realize we will get what we've gotten in the past....incremental improvements (or at least changes) year to year at best.
Ian is not the 2nd coming of Christ, nor is Josh....they are employees of a huge money making machine, who's only purpose is to make the company more money in whatever way they can. Period.
Yep, agree with everything here , but one day, I hope history does change.

I was more hyped for 10 than this one, so, my expectations are much lower for 11.

It needs to start swinging the other way soon.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:43 PM   #51
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

And I am SO tired of hearing the SAME rhetoric as we've listened to these last few years..."this is an alpha build, relax"...
Things have improved in the final game compared to alpha builds...
Quote:
"there's still X number of months for them to fix this or that"...
There is... they are obviously still working on the game.

Quote:
"this is only so and so's 2nd year in charge, just give them time"
People have been "using this one for years"? If anything people were saying that last year. But yeah, never before that...

Quote:
....."just cause they aren't hyping it doesn't mean they aren't doing it"....
It's true, especially when it's pre-E3.

After years of seeing how they release info (leaving bigger things to be announced last) it's amazing that people still argue the fact.

Quote:
Maybe to them the improvements made to Madden 10 weren't incremental? I know to me they weren't at all.

I will agree that we do see these things being said a lot but I don't really get how ones can argue against it.

I mean, the game is still being worked on, and there's much more announcements to be made about the game is there not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 11:53 PM   #52
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90

People have been "using this one for years"? If anything people were saying that last year. But yeah, never before that...

After years of seeing how they release info (leaving bigger things to be announced last) it's amazing that people still argue the fact.

Maybe to them the improvements made to Madden 10 weren't incremental? I know to me they weren't at all.

I will agree that we do see these things being said a lot but I don't really get how ones can argue against it.

I mean, the game is still being worked on, and there's much more announcements to be made about the game is there not?
As expected....just like clockwork.
Thank you for proving my point from last nights "so-called" discussion.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 04-23-2010, 11:59 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90

I'm glad and happy for you that you like Madden....really, I am!

I've read alot of your posts, each one basically the same as this...loyalty beyond belief. To each his own, I guess.

However, MY personal idea of change and innovation are much different than yours. We'll just agree to disagree.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:08 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 5

Ok, look guys, ill try and explain the concern as simple as I can because you guys dont seem to get it..

We are NOT saying that they wont improve franchise.. we are just saying that they probably have ignored us Offline Franchise players for yet another year of Madden in terms of a big addition/improvement. Will they fix the stats? Will they have better trade logic? yeah Im pretty sure they will have improvements on THAT level

What our concern is, is that its been along time since we've seen them come out and say something like this:

* New, Deep Owner Mode: Take over the full bottom line responsibilities of the owner in addition to GM, coach, and player duties in Franchise Mode. Features include relocating your team and building a new stadium and setting all prices including food, merchandise, and parking. With the addition of the assistant coach license, gamers can even hire their own coaching staffs.

* Deeper Franchise Mode: Mini-camp drills will be integrated to boost up players during franchise mode in the off season and the Horse Trailer Player of the Game has been added, playing off John Madden’s new on-air recognition. Signing bonuses are now availableso team and player management can emulate the NFL’s real salary cap system. Put players on the trading block and field offers for trades from computer teams.

Madden 04 was a revolutionary change for Franchise mode in madden, M11 can be revolutionary too if they would devote the proper amount of resources on one of the most played modes in the game, rather than trying to add new online modes and other nonsense like ultimate team

Last edited by Azcardinal32; 04-24-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:22 AM   #55
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
As expected....just like clockwork.
Thank you for proving my point from last nights "so-called" discussion.
lol what?

Quote:
I'm glad and happy for you that you like Madden....really, I am!

I've read alot of your posts, each one basically the same as this...loyalty beyond belief. To each his own, I guess.
Not really being loyal... just stating things the way they've always been this time of the year.

There has been changes after alpha builds (some years obviously more minor than others), and not all the features have been said yet. I'm not really being loyal... just telling it how it is and has always been.

I have a good number of problems with madden... it's just that I don't get angry about it like a lot of people here do (I really don't get angry that much period to be honest...it takes a lot for me to do so )

Quote:

However, MY personal idea of change and innovation are much different than yours. We'll just agree to disagree.
I'm pretty sure that we both have the same ideas in terms of what we would like to see.

Anyways, all I'm saying is how can you making a final judgement on what will change from Madden 10 to 11 when not everything has been said about what will be changing? I just don't get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 12:27 AM   #56
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
Ok, look guys, ill try and explain the concern as simple as I can because you guys dont seem to get it..

We are NOT saying that they wont improve franchise.. we are just saying that they probably have ignored us Offline Franchise players for yet another year of Madden in terms of a big addition/improvement. Will they fix the stats? Will they have better trade logic? yeah Im pretty sure they will have improvements on THAT level

What our concern is, is that its been along time since we've seen them come out and say something like this:

* New, Deep Owner Mode: Take over the full bottom line responsibilities of the owner in addition to GM, coach, and player duties in Franchise Mode. Features include relocating your team and building a new stadium and setting all prices including food, merchandise, and parking. With the addition of the assistant coach license, gamers can even hire their own coaching staffs.

* Deeper Franchise Mode: Mini-camp drills will be integrated to boost up players during franchise mode in the off season and the Horse Trailer Player of the Game has been added, playing off John Madden’s new on-air recognition. Signing bonuses are now availableso team and player management can emulate the NFL’s real salary cap system. Put players on the trading block and field offers for trades from computer teams.

Madden 04 was a revolutionary change for Franchise mode in madden, M11 can be revolutionary too if they would devote the proper amount of resources on one of the most played modes in the game, rather than trying to add new online modes and other nonsense like ultimate team
And all I'm saying is ones shouldn't act like it won't happen. E3 hasn't happened yet... more news is obviously coming.

A greatly improved franchise mode is just about on everyone's wishlist (including mines). I'm pretty sure it will be addressed in more ways than just tuning things. We'll see...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »