Home

Madden 11 Introducing Positional Tendencies (via PastaPadre)

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Introducing Positional Tendencies (via PastaPadre) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 11 Introducing Positional Tendencies (via PastaPadre)

The only way I think this would be a good idea is if you could edit tendencies on your team.

Back on PS2 they had (still do on PS3) a bunch of sliders in the coaching scheme screen. It used to seem like it worked by adjusting how your players played depending on which way you set those sliders - does not after extensive testing seem to work on PS3!

Wish we could get within our profile the ability to adjust player tendencies -

Like if you play a Colts style defense you would set all your DL players to play pass first and therefore your DL would be selling out to get upfield to the QB or if you play a 3-4 maybe you would have all your DL playing run heavy so they would be trying to hold the point of attack and shed blockers or ...
Old 04-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #18
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Souinds like the Madden 08 weapons feature that was in the game. I can't give them props because they reintroduce something they just removed a couple games back. That's not trying, that's recycling.
Except for the fact that player weapons gave players special "super hero" like abilities along with the fact that ratings back then didn't have much affect (less than they do now which is why they were so inflated).

Last edited by Bgamer90; 04-24-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:37 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Now bring back the vision cone
Old 04-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #20
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Is this even news???

It could be the same thing as before...

last year it was only visible while editing players, any other year it was always visible...
Old 04-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Souinds like the Madden 08 weapons feature that was in the game. I can't give them props because they reintroduce something they just removed a couple games back. That's not trying, that's recycling.
I am hoping they are going more in the direction of 2k football. The same way they are developing the dual stick which remind me of a more advance version of 2k football usage of the right analog stick. I am going to give them a benefit of the doubt because I have seen improvement in the series in the last couple of years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Well, by going off context clues....

- GameFlow was announced and it was said that it ran the real plays that the team ran in the 09 season. Ex: Playing as the Skins will get you suggestions on 3rd and 5 that they really ran last year on 3rd and medium plays.

- NCAA has authentic offenses for all 120 teams. Play against the Wolverines and the CPU will play just like they do in real life.

- So does that mean the GameFlow experience goes further and acts like the "120 Ways to Win" feature in NCAA? Will the CPU play just like the real Bears or Bengals?

- Will player tendencies add to this. Will the Titans call plays in the game like the real Titans and will Vince Young really play like the real Vince?

― Plato
Old 04-24-2010, 08:52 PM   #23
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's not a question of recycling vs trying.

It's now a question, do you want it back in or not?

Can't change the past.
I'm not sure to be honest. I mean, each player has about 50 ratings including awareness and aggressive, coverage, tackle. A cb with high awareness and aggressive should go for the pick more often than lower rated ones with their rating working correctly. No weapons or tendancies should really be needed.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:55 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
I'm not sure to be honest. I mean, each player has about 50 ratings including awareness and aggressive, coverage, tackle. A cb with high awareness and aggressive should go for the pick more often than lower rated ones with their rating working correctly. No weapons or tendancies should really be needed.
What if this is the easier way to identify players ability.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »