Home

ONLINE PASS FOR MADDEN 11

This is a discussion on ONLINE PASS FOR MADDEN 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 06:56 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: ONLINE PASS FOR MADDEN 11

also, um.....

what happens to those who live with siblings...and friends.....who share the same system...

usually each has their own account on a system they share....

wouldn't this mean if someone in the house gets Madden New, if they wanted to play online they are fine...but others who want to play (brothers/cousins or roommates) would have to pay an extra $10....if they want to use their profile.

is that correct?

if so, gaming used to never be like this....it is kind of sad...

I read something someone wrote on another thread....doesn't really have to do with this situation...but it does have to do with gaming lately

"Every day we discover another feature gamers are willing to pay for is a day gamers get a new feature."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #42
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

No idea, im the only person in my house that plays Madden, how did it work last year?

It probably works like any other DLC, if you are on the same machine ID then you are fine, otherwise the owner of the content has to be signed into one of the controllers.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #43
Run After Catch

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
also, um.....

what happens to those who live with siblings...and friends.....who share the same system...

usually each has their own account on a system they share....

wouldn't this mean if someone in the house gets Madden New, if they wanted to play online they are fine...but others who want to play (brothers/cousins or roommates) would have to pay an extra $10....if they want to use their profile.

is that correct?
We've got this covered, actually.

One Online Pass will give online access to multiple users logged into the console where the Online Pass was first activated (subject to the console manufacturer’s and EA online terms of service).

Also, the user that activated the Online Pass will be allowed to access online features on other consoles (of the same manufacturer) by logging into the same account credentials that they used when they enabled the Online Pass.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #44
L*st M*n R*nn*ng

Blaise's Arena

OVR: 14

Maybe I'm kinda partial to this since I work part-time @ gamestop, and I know it may sound funny for me to say, but if you have to be mad @ anyone, be mad @ gamestop. Gamestop sells used games, gives you a discount card for 10% off used games, and promote used games @ every turn. Devs/publishers and even consumers have tried to get GS to stop selling used games for reasons like the free content that comes with new games. I've thought about this issue for awhile, and we all better get used to it because its the future. And lets be honest, if you buy a used game for $50 and have to buy a Online Pass for $10 bucks, you might as well buy it new.

I know it sucks, but this kinda digital distribution is the future, and we can all thank the used game market for helping us get here. And for once, I can't be mad @ EA for this, honestly. EA is doing exactly what me or you would do if we were in their shoes, period. If you disagree(which is your right), then your fooling yourself. Its all about the money, and EA isn't the 1st company to remove a feature because of used games(Sony PS3 backwards compatibilty anyone). This is the future we've created, and now we have to live in it.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACZILLA
We've got this covered, actually.

One Online Pass will give online access to multiple users logged into the console where the Online Pass was first activated (subject to the console manufacturer’s and EA online terms of service).

Also, the user that activated the Online Pass will be allowed to access online features on other consoles (of the same manufacturer) by logging into the same account credentials that they used when they enabled the Online Pass.
ok thanks, that is a relief to know.....

I bought the downloadable version of Warhawk for my brother's PS3 a while back and was disappointed that I couldn't play using my profile on the system......and I also play Madden over there as well.

Last edited by Afrikan; 05-10-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #46
DickDalewood

OVR:

I see no problem with this.

Pony up the $10 or buy it new if online is that important.

Besides, game companies see zero profits from the sale of a used game... I see no reason why they shouldn't receive at least SOME compensation for their hard work with EVERY copy that is sold.

Half the people on these boards complain about how much they hate that the Gamestops of the world make so much money off used games, and thinks the devs should be the ones seeing the payback, yet when a company actually does something about it, everyone bitches.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:20 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise
Maybe I'm kinda partial to this since I work part-time @ gamestop, and I know it may sound funny for me to say, but if you have to be mad @ anyone, be mad @ gamestop. Gamestop sells used games, gives you a discount card for 10% off used games, and promote used games @ every turn. Devs/publishers and even consumers have tried to get GS to stop selling used games for reasons like the free content that comes with new games. I've thought about this issue for awhile, and we all better get used to it because its the future. And lets be honest, if you buy a used game for $50 and have to buy a Online Pass for $10 bucks, you might as well buy it new.

I know it sucks, but this kinda digital distribution is the future, and we can all thank the used game market for helping us get here. And for once, I can't be mad @ EA for this, honestly. EA is doing exactly what me or you would do if we were in their shoes, period. If you disagree(which is your right), then your fooling yourself. Its all about the money, and EA isn't the 1st company to remove a feature because of used games(Sony PS3 backwards compatibilty anyone). This is the future we've created, and now we have to live in it.
I don't know how much people buy used games from Gamestop....even before the extra $10 for online play....for Gamestop to sell a used game for $50 or 55, is ridiculous and that is why I never bought "used" games from them.

also Sony didn't remove the feature for BC because of used games....it was more to lower the price of the console.....at first the PS2 hardware was literlly in the PS3....they tried hardware mixed with Software but it was still affecting the overall hardware cost...so they looked at it from the perspective of...

you want a cheap PS3 $399 (at the time) no BC
you want a BC PS3 $499

they figured if someone also wanted BC with their $399 PS3, then they can just spend an extra $99 for a new PS2.....instead of forcing the issue and having a high price for a next gen console.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:39 PM   #48
L*st M*n R*nn*ng

Blaise's Arena

OVR: 14

Ummm, you would be wrong my friend, Sony lower the price of the console long after they removed the B/C. Sony did a study and found that the # of new games, PS3 new games purchased with a B/C PS3 @ the time was significantly less than the # of used titles bought with the same system. So not only were they losing money on the systems, but they weren't making it up in software sales, which is the normal trend with new gen hardware. That's exactly y they removed the feature. It had nothing to do with the price of the B/C systems. The 60GB that played everything was the main culprit, so much so that a used one cost more than a new 80GB when they were making those. And I hate to get into this, but the reason y the PS2 did so well was the B/C it had, one of the main differences was the used game market was as big as it is now. That and it played DVD's.

Again, its all about the bottom line in business.

1 more thing, your point about the PS2 and PS3 for basically the same price total negates to key things, no one is buying 2 systems for the price of one. Secondly, the $500 PS3 had more memory(60 or 80GB) than the $400 models(20 & 40), and one of the cheaper models was B/C(40 I think), which is why the no one would ever buy both systems if you could get one that does everything(for the most part).
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »