Home

Madden NFL 11 Superstar Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Superstar Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 11 Superstar Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauxman
Because Head Coach failed.

I love Head Coach. Even with it's flaws. Would be great if EA made a Head Coach 12 or something, if they could pull there head out of there ***.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals9
I love Head Coach. Even with it's flaws. Would be great if EA made a Head Coach 12 or something, if they could pull there head out of there ***.
i just want them to get madden right
once they figure that out (in 2020) then they can work on other stuff
Old 05-24-2010, 07:03 AM   #19
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

I made this thread in February of last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Yes there are actually people out there who enjoy Superstar mode lol.

Alright, well besides the AI and gameplay of course there are a few things that can make this mode more enjoyable for those who actually play it.

#1. Get rid of that influence meter at the end of every play. It just murders the flow of the game. Make it optional, and also add an option to have a read out presented only at the end of drives.

#2. If you insist on having pre-draft workouts then make these workouts resemble the actual drills that players go through in the combine and at pro days. And there should be no NFL players involved in these drills, only players entering the draft.

#3. Since EA has the exclusive rights to both NCAA football and the NFL lets fuse the two a little by including some form of the East-West Shrine Game and the Senior Bowl (already had something like this in last gen). I guess you can make this portion of the mode only available to players who were imported over from NCAA; and depending on how well they played and their status at their school your character can play in these games.

#4. Players should have to work for their spot on the depth chart depending on their overall, like NCAA, no automatic starting unless you're absolutely better than everyone else on the roster at that position.

#5. Allow the draft to be altered, this isn't Franchise or real life. If your QB is imported from NCAA and he's somehow a 85+ overall he should be allowed to be a 1st round pick. Not a 3rd rounder making like 10mil a year. That's kinda crazy.

#6. Contract negotiations should be a little bit more like Head Coach 09. You should get various contract offers with various incentives and depending on how good your agent is at negotiating, you should be able to alter the deal to your liking.

#7. Trading...You shouldn't be able to go to your agent and say "I demand a trade" and get traded on the spot. What if you were able to ask your agent about a trade and then you select a few teams that you'd be interested in going to; then after a few days have gone by, a deal may or may not get worked out depending on your value to the two parties. And factor in your team influence meter and overall for instance: if you're the starting QB for a team with a 92 overall, great team influence, and a few years left on your contract...there should be no way your team lets you go.

Basically completely immerse the gamer in the mode. But make it believable, I know everything that I listed there probably can't be added, but there are a few ways to improve on the foundation of what you have.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

I played superstar mode and its was complete trash. I was the running back and they barely called a running play even when it was on first and goal and even on when the ball on was on the 1 yard line, they called a passing play 9/10 times and the QB got picked off 7/10 times.

I played with Warner so it wasn't a case of a bad QB. In the 2 seasons I played warner had more then 20 picks in each year and usally 2 - 4 less TDs that INTs.

When they did call the running play its usally up the middle and the blocking up the middle is horrible I got stuffed like more then half the time.

Last edited by Bash; 05-24-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #21
Banned

Also better practices. No running 10 plays and its done. You should be able to compete in drills, like when doing the scouting combine at the begining. And if your a QB, you get to wear trhe red shirt =)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 01:50 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals9
Any insights? This is the best mode in the game and it needs drastic improvements. It needs to be much more realistic. Somebody posted a list of excellent ideas in a forum but I can't find it. However this mode needs to be improved. If it gets stripped down, let 2K take over or bring out another Head Coach.
ARGEED. the superstar mode has always been bad, it boring and very similar every game.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 50

I believe that superstar mode will have little to no noticable changes. I have no real proof but if history repeats itself.....
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 05-30-2010, 08:30 PM   #24
Banned

Superstar Mode is about living the dream!! Going through the Combine. Getting scouted. Interviews. Media. The paper. Practice. Contract talks. Trades. Records. Being on TV etc. Madden can take a HUGE leap forward if this mode is revamped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »