Home

Deepest Madden Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Deepest Madden Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 10:10 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Deepest Madden Franchise Mode

Madden 05 was real deep and I played a ton of it. I would also throw in the Madden that had the expansion Texans in it. That was a lot of fun to play as an expansion team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
i now play madden 07 on the wii exclusively.
heres some things it has that i love that STILL arent showing up in todays game.

-progressive lighting
-college all star game
-tons of unlockable unis
-tons of all time teams
-player roles
-nfl films music
-user defined camera angles
-better menus
-training camp with progression
-nfl network mode
-nfl europe
-madden cards
-draft history of players
-firing/hiring Head, OC, DC and STC's
-owner mode
-create a team/player
-position battles
-tony bruno
-emails/newspapers
-stat overlays [unique]
-classic madden/michaels commentary
-morale
-naming captains

i know i am leaving more out but yea
madden 07.

Bold- Things that cannot be in today's game due to being defunct for years (NFLE) or lawsuits (classic teams). Commentary, yeah they aren't going to have classic when they have new.

A lot of this stuff is on PS3/360, the more minor things at least.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:29 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
Bold- Things that cannot be in today's game due to being defunct for years (NFLE) or lawsuits (classic teams). Commentary, yeah they aren't going to have classic when they have new.

A lot of this stuff is on PS3/360, the more minor things at least.

i didnt mean all the things arent showing up, it was more a list of the great things from 07.

i played the recent ps3 frannys and they left me wanting.

i love the 07 fix i get.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:45 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 7

It's amazing how franchise mode has gotten worse on the 360/PS3. Not even stayed the same, it was worse because apparently they don't know how to replicate things they did on older machines. Even Madden 04's franchise was better.

The only move Madden has made for the positive on the next generation is the custom created draft classes. Other than that... The Extra Point, nobody likes that, have they even added a thing more? Super Bowl presentation maybe?
Old 08-14-2010, 03:29 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

Madden 07 ps2 is the best i ever played. I had multiple chises into year 16. I think it was the player roles working so well that made the game great
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 05:00 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 15

ima say madden 05 because it was sick plus you could play kicker... put kicker in madden 12 for superstar mode. (i dont play kicker in highschool ima reciver but it was really fun).

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21
Old 08-14-2010, 05:38 AM   #47
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
i now play madden 07 on the wii exclusively.
heres some things it has that i love that STILL arent showing up in todays game.

-progressive lighting
-college all star game
-tons of unlockable unis
-tons of all time teams
-holdouts
-player roles
-nfl films music
-user defined camera angles
-better menus
-training camp with progression
-nfl network mode
-nfl europe
-madden cards
-draft history of players
-firing/hiring Head, OC, DC and STC's.
-owner mode
-create a team/player
-preseason subbing of players
-position battles
-tony bruno
-emails/newspapers
-stat overlays [unique]
-classic madden/michaels commentary
-morale
-naming captains

i know i am leaving more out but yea
madden 07.
I love madden 07's franchise mode. LOVE IT. However, let's be fair

• NFL Films music is in the game and has been for years. Go to the track selection screen. they are all unchecked. I just uncheck the songs I don't want on and turn on the ones I do. I have a ton of Sam Spence playing in Madden 11.
  • Draft history of players is also in since patch 1 of Madden 10. Josh forgot to have a GUI [graphic user interfaced] made for the retail of M10 when he was working on it. i think it is listed under the player's "awards" section.
  • Player roles are in the game, but there is no GUI for it. At the end of the each year in Madden 11's franchise mode the game actually tells you it is determining player roles. See for yourself. The thing is, year one no players have roles, and all the roles have no effect yet. Simply put, they are in the game and are set to "off." Don't ask me why. It's plain as day to anyone who looks, this is no secret.
  • NFL Europe doesn't exist any more.
  • Owner mode is stupid. Who cares about setting hot dog prices? Also, the owner doesn't set hot dog prices.
  • Create a team/player have been in the game for a while now. they are under creation zone in the menu.
  • The pre-season does sub players, do you even play this game? it has for years. Madden has never done it "right." Not even madden 07. they sub at half time like always.
  • Who cares about madden Cards? These are cheat codes. They are no different than madden Shop, except you have to pay for them now. What sim franchise player would use madden cards?
I am not trying to be a jerk, but a lot of your list makes me scratch my head. I agree madden 07 was/is he best franchise mode in Madden to date, but let's make an accurate list please. the most important features, to me, are active player roles, progression through the season, and storyline central. Madden 07's franchise mode made each week far more important that a series of play now games that ends in a play off and the NFL draft.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-14-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:02 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 9

Now I'm really wishing I'd kept my PS2. I've hated every Madden Franchise mode on the PS3 and am now longing for the 07/08 PS2 franchise modes.

Hell, even Superstar mode on the PS2 07/08 versions was head and shoulders above the PS3 versions on 10 or 11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »