Home

Deepest Madden Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Deepest Madden Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #25
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Deepest Madden Franchise Mode

I still vouch for Madden 07 on the ps2 because of player roles and morale (I still play it today). Many people dont realize that this game has the best draft logic which was mainly due to player roles. I know for a fact that any team with a "QB of the future" will not draft a QB until that role is removed (which is 1-3 years). Teams with a "Deep threat" recievers will often try and obtain a "possession." Great times with this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
I still vouch for Madden 07 on the ps2 because of player roles and morale (I still play it today). Many people dont realize that this game has the best draft logic which was mainly due to player roles. I know for a fact that any team with a "QB of the future" will not draft a QB until that role is removed (which is 1-3 years). Teams with a "Deep threat" recievers will often try and obtain a "possession." Great times with this game.
After i read this thread i went to my ps2 collection and popped it in. I was in year 12 with the steelers, that shows alot as these days i usually get bored of the franchise and start a new one within the first 2-3 years.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by king525
After i read this thread i went to my ps2 collection and popped it in. I was in year 12 with the steelers, that shows alot as these days i usually get bored of the franchise and start a new one within the first 2-3 years.
funny thing is i was looking for my old maddens on ps2. i forgot i gave 06 away and 07 wasnt in the box. i then remembered that it was actually still in the ps2's tray!! i think im bout to hook my ps2 up and get to the franchise so i can actually experience the player roles to the fullest...back then i was mainly an online player racking up 400-500+ games a year. im sure i have a seahawks season on memory card to pick up

i mean madden is beginning to get better an all starting with 10, but i seriously doubt when its time to switch to ps4 and xbox720, that when i go back to fire the 360/ps3 up that madden would ever be the game that was left in the tray....

Last edited by o Mass Murda o; 06-04-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #28
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

Just played a game last night from an old save. Im in year 4 with the Buffalo Bills (haven't won a super bowl yet ) and had a heck of a game against the New York Jets beating them 20-17. I think I may have found a diamond in the rough in Kevin O'Connell out of San diego state. Drafted in the 6th round 2 years ago, he is 4-2 this year under center (didn't play a down in his rookie year). The only reason I started him because he tore it up during drills (gold in pass accuracy) and had a wonderful pre-season (66% completion, 5 TDs, 1 INT). When I drafted him, my main intent was to have a solid backup. I think he may obtain a "Feature QB" role within the next year or two.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 16

Wow it looks like everyone is migrating backward to 07!

Man I have to get a ps2.... I bought NFL 2k5 for ps2 the other day for 49 cents....
Old 06-04-2010, 01:59 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 16

Honestly, I think the deepest Madden Franchise mode was Madden 99 for N64. As sad as that is the franchise mode was a text simmers dream. All the stats added up to something that could be passable. Players also played to their ratings (stats wise). Teams made realistic trades and sensible free agent signings. It wasn't perfect but I havent seen stats in franchise even close to the ballpark of Madden 99. That's almost 11 years! How many times last year did people complain about tackles not being accurate or working propery, or running backs getting too many or too little touchdowns. This and that. It's awful. Read my blog I wrote a recent entry the other day discussing that franchise WILL be the downfall of madden and NCAA this year. It's just to stale and dry and the engine driving it all is flawed at best. While they pay attention to fancy online modes or putting towels on players pants they can't fix the dang simulator engine.
#1 Rule of Sliders: Realism is Relative
Old 06-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #31
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by malachijohn666
Wow it looks like everyone is migrating backward to 07!

Man I have to get a ps2.... I bought NFL 2k5 for ps2 the other day for 49 cents....
07 is a great football fix IMO. I actually have all the default rosters updated in case I dont like madden 11 this year. Bunch of player editing and creating but it may be well worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #32
Rookie

frnkpw13's Arena

OVR: 1

so is madden 07 for the ps2 and xbox (original) have the same franchise mode stuff or not? cause i think the 360 version of madden 07 wasnt the same as the ps2 version. im thinking of picking up the xbox version if its like the ps2 version.
National Champions 1958, 2003, 2007, 2019

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »