Home

Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden

This is a discussion on Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2010, 10:40 PM   #41
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Why is your link going to the Jordan Shoes Insight? That not a presentation blog.
They must have moved/updated it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
If the goal of any sports game is to come across as if its on TV, then I shouldn't see a pause menu unless I actually press pause.

The game should stay busy. Thats what I like about NBA 2K in comparison. Its easy to get immersed.
Football game will never simulate TV broadcasts simply because a broadcast camera angle for a football game would make it unplayable.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:10 AM   #43
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Football game will never simulate TV broadcasts simply because a broadcast camera angle for a football game would make it unplayable.

I'm mostly refering to halftime and post game here. The camera angles are fine by me.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:06 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 24

If NBA 2k can add this much presentation in one year, that whole argument of "Madden only gets a year to make the game. Not enough time" doesn't hold water anymore IMO.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:08 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wow... I'm speechless.

Buying this game and it's a keeper. And I'm not into NBA much either.

CFL: B.C. Lions
NFL: San Diego Chargers
NHL: Vancouver Canucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 04:40 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 16

I've been staying up late this week playing NBA 2K11. Like many before me, I'm not that big of a hoops fan - but this is a sports game done right.

When I play 2K11 - I can feel the passion of the guys who made it. It's there in all the tiny tiny details. It's more than just classic players and nostalgia.

Free throw rituals for individual players could/should be our QB pre-snap ritual. Signature Shot Styles should be our signature animations for the league's major stars...more than just celebrations - the nuances of how they play the game. We've got stadium and team specific sounds, but every stadium feels the same. Why, Madden?

Blocking the game out like it's a television show WORKS. Having both commentators together and having them contribute to how the commentary technology should flow WORKS. Having a TV style camera, highlight and replay system WORKS.

The road map for Madden to get presentation correct is right there in a basketball game. It's just up to them to follow it. It's not where you get it from, it's where you take it.

-SeventhWard

Old 10-07-2010, 07:48 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanTheo
Wow... I'm speechless.

Buying this game and it's a keeper. And I'm not into NBA much either.
I'm in the same boat. I haven't really followed the NBA much since the Jordan days but the fact the he's in the game and it's so polished and the presentation seems unmatched I'm picking it up this evening.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 10

The one year development cycle excuse is over. How 2K turned 2K10 around too 2K11 is amazing. That said, because of what 2K has done with there NBA title, the gaming community has put all sports developers on notice that we want a game that immerse u along with gameplay close too simulation. EA needs too recognize this and really concentrate on that. The contract ends in 2 years, so if they continue with there casual style, there going too get a lot of negative feedback along with mediocre sales. 2K is pushing hard for the NFL license, and there showing this by there simulation style with the NBA and hopefully MLB2K11 titles. Wake up EA, madden is ok, but we the gaming community wants a lot more than what u giving us right now. NBA2K11 has shown this and its going too get worse for u if u don't follow that trent. Power too the gamers!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »