Home

Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Just finished another game with the sliders i am tweaking from my last set and it is getting better and better. Challenge is there and the gameplay is tight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #26
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
He's testing on All-Madden.

All-Pro, for me, enough time in the pocket, flats and outs are covered much better, I tried using Jennings over the middle on deep slants and sometimes he caught it and sometimes Urlacher was there to knock it down.

I'm loving the defense on All-Pro. I noticed I will need to up OL Blkg on human, and lower int's for both human and CPU.

Tighter coverages, folks. You really need your 2nd, 3rd and 4th reads.
Why do you need to increase OL Blocking? Is this because of the instant swim moves by DL and blowups by defenders behind the LOS on PA/counter/screen plays? Or is it because the OL are no longer getting push on DL and getting pancake blocks?

If the problem is the swim moves and defenders behind the LOS, then I don't see how slider changes are going to help. If the problem is OL/DL push and pancakes, then sliders should fix those.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #27
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
He's testing on All-Madden.

All-Pro, for me, enough time in the pocket, flats and outs are covered much better, I tried using Jennings over the middle on deep slants and sometimes he caught it and sometimes Urlacher was there to knock it down.

I'm loving the defense on All-Pro. I noticed I will need to up OL Blkg on human, and lower int's for both human and CPU.

Tighter coverages, folks. You really need your 2nd, 3rd and 4th reads.
Do sliders have any effect on All-Pro?
Old 12-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #28
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Why do you need to increase OL Blocking? Is this because of the instant swim moves by DL and blowups by defenders behind the LOS on PA/counter/screen plays? Or is it because the OL are no longer getting push on DL and getting pancake blocks?

If the problem is the swim moves and defenders behind the LOS, then I don't see how slider changes are going to help. If the problem is OL/DL push and pancakes, then sliders should fix those.
I didn't really notice or focus on the why part. I'll take a look at it again. All I know is that Starks finished with 22 carries for 42 yds. Maybe that is par for the course for the Pack as they are more of a passing team. I just noticed the blitzes and DL blow up the OL on running plays.

Giants, I just know that the Madden teams test the game on All-Pro. That's why I start from there and usually end up on Custom sliders. I'm a nut when it comes to stats. I will now test games to get that 4.2 yds per rush, 60% passing, etc.....

JVM some sliders affect the outcome on ALL Pro. For instance, if you lower Int's, you will have less int's, lower QB Accuracy, you will have lower QBA, etc...... You need to be careful as one slider might offset another one.

Draw plays do work out of shotgun formation.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:25 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

the defense kind of got worse to me, my running game dominates even more now.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 12

Overall vs. the cpu on All-Pro the game feels faster. I have not found it difficult to run counters, draws, or out of the shotgun (with the Eagles). Actually the cpu defenses' aggressiveness oftentimes gets defenders caught in the wash enabling you to break runs.

Play action is fine. Just call plays at the right time. Maybe it's just my imagination but the pass rush from the right defensive end seems to be better.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #31
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

It's not your imagination, the Right DE does have a lot more power and pressure now, along with the Right DT. Guess they really wanted us to focus on our blind side protection.

Over all the whole line gets more pressure, but more so from the defensive right side, which would be our left.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty_Panthers#1
the defense kind of got worse to me, my running game dominates even more now.
I had the same impression

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »