Home

Is this because of the new patch?

This is a discussion on Is this because of the new patch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #57
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Is this because of the new patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
What in heavens name is so hard to understand about what I posted?

I said there was a rookie QB who had over 3000 yards (season total) and was 27 for 34, 431 yards and 5 TDs in his first game! And he is 21 years old.

He is not on my team. I only play my team's games. The SAC, MAC and DAC ratings have nothing to do with THA rating. There is a QB in my franchise who last season had 99s for SAC, MAC , and DAC--but his THA was under 70! I think it was 67 or something like that.
so the issue is the game let a rookie have a good game in his debut? I mean the game just calculates whatever ratings it does...it doesn't count age.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:55 PM   #58
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Yeah, I get that...so the point here is just that M11 sim engine is busted? didn't we know that?
The QB I spoke of with THA of 52 may just as well have had that based on his draft ratings that I posted above: SAC and MAC below 85 and DAC below 70. I don't recall how much below 85, may have been in the 70's--but I do know it was below 85 and DAC was below 70.

Point? I simply posted what I thought was extremely peculiar and wondered if the new patch had anything to do with it. I never saw a rookie QB in my franchise have such a great first game with those ratings before the new patch. Reason: His extremely low THA rating along with poor ratings for SAC, MAC and DAC.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
What in heavens name is so hard to understand about what I posted?

I said there was a rookie QB who had over 3000 yards (season total) and was 27 for 34, 431 yards and 5 TDs in his first game! And he is 21 years old.

He is not on my team. I only play my team's games. The SAC, MAC and DAC ratings have nothing to do with THA rating. There is a QB in my franchise who last season had 99s for SAC, MAC , and DAC--but his THA was under 70! I think it was 67 or something like that.
before i think people were confused as to what team the guy played on and the significance of the accuracy ratings. now you're throwing out different numbers than before so I give up. bottom line is that the sim engine isn't perfect having nothing to do with the patch and like ryan said Madden doesn't take age into account for anything other than when a guy should retire and it's always been like that
Old 12-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #60
JVM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
before i think people were confused as to what team the guy played on and the significance of the accuracy ratings. now you're throwing out different numbers than before so I give up. bottom line is that the sim engine isn't perfect having nothing to do with the patch and like ryan said Madden doesn't take age into account for anything other than when a guy should retire and it's always been like that
What different numbers?
Old 12-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #61
JVM
Banned

From first post and up to post # 15:

I started my 17th season with the new patch and saw the most unrealistic stat ever: Rookie QB 21 years old, rated 84, THP 98, THA 52, in first game of season throws for 431 yards (27-34), 5 TDs, QB rating of 158.3 and this was not against my team. Season stats for this amazing rookie: 3407 yards! I simmed the season after that first game to see what he would do.

I don't recall his awareness but he is rated only 84. He has a strong arm but his accuracy rating is 52.

I can tell you his SAC and MAC are lower than 85 and DAC lower than 70. His THA is 52.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 29

originally it was a 52 THA now it appears to have leaped to a 67
Old 12-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #63
JVM
Banned

Quote:
Show me where I said THA 67?
Old 12-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #64
JVM
Banned

Quote:
I guess you are having great difficulty following this thread. The 67 referred to another QB in my franchise:

"There is a QB in my franchise who last season had 99s for SAC, MAC , and DAC--but his THA was under 70! I think it was 67 or something like that."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »