Home

Current Madden ratings mean nothing

This is a discussion on Current Madden ratings mean nothing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2010, 03:42 PM   #41
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Current Madden ratings mean nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
To further make our point. I can't talk about how they replied, but I can say, I hope, that they were made fully aware of this issue. what they do about it is up to them.
Good to know that at least they have been confronted about it.

These kind of videos about Madden and size/ratings have been made for a few years now on YouTube, so I'm sure they have known about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #42
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

All-Madden SHOULD be the most difficult preset setting because it is the preset setting that adheres most to NFL strategies and principles. However, since the foundation of Madden is NOT built realistically around NFL limits, All-Madden just allows the AI an even more apparent unrealistic advantage. This is just another symptom of the main problem with next-gen Madden.

That main problem is they start from a simple "pickup and play" foundation instead of a complex NFL realistic one. They keep starting from this simple foundation while offering preset settings and encouraging the use of sliders, to obtain a complex experience. Kudos to all the slider set creators that have been able to obtain some realistic results in spite of the games foundation. That said, it should be EA providing a user interface to simplify a complex game not you guys doing what you can to upgrade a simple one.

For example, operating systems in pcs and macs take an extremely complex foundation and provide a simple user interface to use at different comfort levels. If someone prefers to utilize programs in there most complex form, the DOS interface is available. Sliders should be Madden's DOS interface and the preset difficulty settings its' "operating systems". If these machines simplified their foundations instead, like Madden does, it would be like having Fisher Price Learning Centers to try to surf the internet and build websites with.

Until they finally prioritize copying what is being done in the NFL FIRST and then allow for modifications AFTER, we will continue to see symptoms of this problem in multiple areas of Madden. This what NBA 2k11 did so I don't see why Madden can't follow suit.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:02 PM   #43
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Thank you.

Although I am confused as to what people want. in Last gen adn prior to Madden 10, we complained that offensive linemen made a straight line brick wall on passing plays, like they were running plays, and unless I misread you, you just "complained" that they instead attempted to form something that resembles a pocket?
No I'm saying that the pocket forms much more quickly. Look at the LT, his first move is backwards to the left , and then the RE just kinda goes the same direction. If the the first thing my opponent does is backpedal several feet , I'm gonna cut inside and fill the open space to QB . I'd much prefer the "brick wall" at least it was ratings based...but I'm also not "hardcore" gamer
Old 12-16-2010, 07:28 PM   #44
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Nice vid, Gaither. It got me to thinking in watching Suggs struggle against the LT, and I'm wondering if anyone else knows, do you ever use the "pass" defensive line audible -- and does it enhance the pass rush any? I know in NCAA, the defensive keys such as "pass", run middle, etc. are very effective. Guys really look to pin their ears back and get off on the snap when you key "pass."

I thought it would be the same in Madden, but so far, the Madden's version of "pass" only seems to work like the old "crash out," where the ends rush outward, and all but take themselves out of the play (helping to form a nice pocket, though).

And this may be slightly off topic, Gaither, but nice wallpaper.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:07 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 8

The thing I don't get is why do you have to use sliders to make the ratings work right?(shouldn't it already work?since you can't use sliders online?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #46
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
The thing I don't get is why do you have to use sliders to make the ratings work right?(shouldn't it already work?since you can't use sliders online?)
This... this right here... I'll just let Gregg Williams sum it up for me.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #47
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

there is a bull rush in the game but it never plays out........
if you create or edit a DL with 40 in power move, finese move and play recognition but give him 90+ strength and no block shredding

he will push him man around only...........bull rush all game nothing else

and this is where i think EA cant please us anymore, this lineman would be rated 70 OVR at best and if Hampton got a 70 ovr there would be a riot.......

so to get him to a 98 ovr he gets block shredding and power move which also gets the 90+ rating so when the game plays out it selects those animations because they are just as high and produce better results....

all madden seems like it selects the animations that are guaranteed "win" everytime the 99 animations thats why it seems as a gimmick difficulty......

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 12-17-2010, 01:03 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
I understand the need to bash the game but for those who are doing these silly videos and putting players out of position just to make a point i wonder if they know exactly how much a specific slider setting effects the gameplay overall

For all we know having Pass BLocking at 25 could make a guy with 50 strength rating become a 75 strength and therefor if the sliders give a ratings boost regardless of position how does this guy no for absolute fact the ratings don't matter?

EA has never come out told anyone how much IMPACT a specific slider adds or reduces to one's overall rating

I know if you put QBA at 10 not all QB's can function the same way....I can throw for 300 yards with Peyton Manning but look like crap with John Kitna at that setting

Would that be because Manning has 90+ accuarcy so the slider being reduced doesn't knock his accuarcy down as much as it would Kitna?

I really hate these ratings test because the guy who usually does the test doesn't seem to take any sliders into consideration and even if he did how does he know how much of boost or decrease the slider causes to ratings?

I mean if people can come on here and accept that the threshold slider IMPACTS player speed ratings why can't they accept sliders liek Pass Blocking or Run Blocking IMPACTS all players blocking abilities?

I don't think there is a single player in the game with a run block or pass block rating of ZERO (0).......which means the game has not programmed anyone to simply have no blocking skills at all

Now the bigger question should be how much does a slider at Pass Blocking 25IMPACT a player with Pass Block Footwork and Pass Stength ratings at 5, 10 or 15?

What if that 25 setting on the slider actually gives that player a rating of 50 overall making him better than his default ratings assigned?

Until someone can 100% be sure they know the exact calculations of those two factors sliders in junction with ratings i'll always consider these videos posted or guys looking to stir up trouble unimportant and just enjoy the game.

Doesn't mean the game is perfect it just means we our all speculating when you post threads abotu what ratings effect and what they don't

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »