Home

Why are people so sensitive and personally invested?

This is a discussion on Why are people so sensitive and personally invested? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #73
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Why are people so sensitive and personally invested?

It is in fact the exclusive.

Sure Madden got hate before and why? Because we could say "the other game has this,Madden isn't up to par here" and could buy a different game,if other games weren't up to par with Madden in some way buy Madden. Now we can't say "Madden sucks let's buy a different NFL game" anymore. So Madden better not suck. Love football? Love videogames? Madden sucks this year? Too bad. No 2K,no QB Club,no NFL Blitz so the only option is to complain about Madden until they get it right.

For that matter 7 years later and new technology/systems we're STILL saying "Madden isn't up to par here" when compared to a 7 year old game. Is there really any excuse for that? I don't think so. If it could be done on Xbox it sure as heck can be done on Xbox 360.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #74
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
\
What EA and seemingly most younger gamers don't realize is NFL/NCAA football gaming has an emotional grip on most older gamers, like myself. It's about more than just our wallets because we have a lot of deep rooted memories tied in with our football gaming past kind of like with an old song. Believing a company has spent 6 years desecrating emotional bonds that have been amassed in over 25 years of football gaming, in a perceived failed attempt at MORE profit, elicits some strong feelings.
That is about as much hyperbole as I have ever seen in a post in these forums.

Imo,the exclusive license excuse is shenanigans. Nothing has changed..People love to complain and criticize games.The difference is now there's only one company to take the heat.

People forget how much the 2k series was criticized for it's failings... 7 years have allowed for revionist history for a lot of people.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
well what if you typed out this whole post then at the end when you attempted to post it it told you you were not eligible because you did not have enough posts ? would you be mad because you didnt have the option to express yourself or because you spent all your time then realized nobody ever going to see your words. eather way you did not have a choice and that is why others get mad because they have no choice on other products.
well played
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #76
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

For me it got personal, when they bought our the NFLPA and all right, forcing other companies out making games for my favorite point.

For this I hold them accountable to make the perfect game or else
Old 06-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #77
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That is about as much hyperbole as I have ever seen in a post in these forums.

Imo,the exclusive license excuse is shenanigans. Nothing has changed..People love to complain and criticize games.The difference is now there's only one company to take the heat.

People forget how much the 2k series was criticized for it's failings... 7 years have allowed for revionist history for a lot of people.
There seemed to be more hyperbole in that one sentence than my whole post. LOL

That re-post from another thread and my point made about the exclusive license being the main cause of sensitivity in the rest of my post, were two separate points. However, the presents of one does cause a reaction to the other. People are not emotionally tied to the football game genre because of the exclusive license nor is the exclusive license responsible for their emotional ties. Yet when people are emotional invested into something, like playing football video games throughout there entire life and they feel the only company allowed to make those games, could care less about the quality of those games but only maximizing the profit from them, it pisses people off.

What's hyperbolic about that? LOL
Old 06-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #78
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Passion + Internet = RAGE. Also, combine that with this: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/3/19/
Old 06-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #79
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

Yeah, I know. A martyr makes for a legend... imagine if M05 had released with the CPU only drafting 3 or 4 particular positions in the first round. Same thing happened w/MVP baseball. IMO, nobody has come close to their fielding.

I guess that people are so fired up for Madden, just 'cuz they're people... and the reason they choose to justify their intensity shifts over time. Like politics.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #80
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

I still have no life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »