Home

Why are people so sensitive and personally invested?

This is a discussion on Why are people so sensitive and personally invested? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #89
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Why are people so sensitive and personally invested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
The exclusive license gives people an excuse for irrational behavior.

As I said in the context of the actual question of the thread, the license is invalid. People were just as hypersensitive and crtical 7 years ago, the only difference is 1 target vs. 2..

2k's game hasn't suffered after the license deal. Their game was never that good to begin with.

It's funny people seem to forget the glaring problems that 2k football games had.. Revionist history at work.

BKrich83, you just made yourself look silly when saying that 2k's game was never that good to begin with. Do yourself a favor and look up all the accolades of 2k5. I believe it was even voted the best sports game of all time on this very website that you seem to live at.

I currently love the current Madden 11 and think 12 will be even better. But EA will never be forgiven (best word I could come up with) for using their leverage to create a monopoly of my favorite type of game.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #90
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
BKrich83, you just made yourself look silly when saying that 2k's game was never that good to begin with. Do yourself a favor and look up all the accolades of 2k5. I believe it was even voted the best sports game of all time on this very website that you seem to live at.

I currently love the current Madden 11 and think 12 will be even better. But EA will never be forgiven (best word I could come up with) for using their leverage to create a monopoly of my favorite type of game.
ACtually I know 2k football games were great.Hell I am pretty good friends with the main dev on that project, and many of my ideas are in 2k5. Iwas a 2k football gamer first.. I basically never played Madden and for the most part don't today.

I was talking about 2k's baseball game actually, in response to the post I quoted. I should have been more clear. 2k's baseball game has always been tragic imo.

BTW, it's not a monopoly, nor did EA force it. You think EA has the weight to push the NFL around? Hardly.

Last edited by bkrich83; 06-10-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #91
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
I always find it helpful in an internet forum to actually understand what someone posted before I comment on it and if I deem it "nonsense" I don't see much point in commenting on it anyway. LOL

Also, I find it much more ridiculous for EA or anyone else to actually believe that having only one company suddenly being allowed to make NFL football games after for 20+ years of NFL football game choices, is not a valid reason for consumers to be upset.

The competition's consumers have been hated this exclusive license from day 1. It's the subpar quality of next-gen Madden compared to last-gen Madden the last 6 years that added more Madden consumers to that "mob".LOL
If you want to try to talk down to deflect that's fine. I've been insulted by better people than you.

You make it seem as if EA is solely responsible for the exclusive license issue.

Again, nothing's changed. It was this way before. Now there's just one target for people's wrath instead of people bickering back and forth about the flaws of both games..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #92
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

All I want is a game from 2K and EA EVERY year, and watch them push each other to new heights.

I would preorder each one EVERY year.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #93
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
All I want is a game from 2K and EA EVERY year, and watch them push each other to new heights.

I would preorder each one EVERY year.
While I don't buy in to the push themselves every year theory.

I think everyone wants the ability to chose from both games...That's pretty much universal.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #94
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Ok, let's not turn this into a thread on the merits of 2k.

Let me see if I can term this another way. In my estimation, the anger level at Madden hasn't increased pre-exclusive/post-exclusive. The reasoning shifted from "Bring down the top dog," to "Damn the exclusive."

I know video games are addictive, but what leads the gamer to be so vitriolic? Even if we take it out of the Madden realm, any sports games... if you pick a year where the was 3 offerings or more- the fanboyism has always been rampant.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #95
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I know video games are addictive, but what leads the gamer to be so vitriolic?
Quite simply the anonymity of the internet..People say things they wouldn't say in public or to another person's face.

And please internet tough guys save the "I certainly would say that to so and so's face." You're not fooling anyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #96
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Quite simply the anonymity of the internet..People say things they wouldn't say in public or to another person's face.

And please internet tough guys save the "I certainly would say that to so and so's face." You're not fooling anyone.
It is an age thing. Most people in the 30's or 40's don't really act that way. Some young guys are solid too, but a lot of it is maturity.

I would. but great point. I loving this year Madden.

Last edited by Scottdau; 06-10-2011 at 06:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »