Home

Interview w/ Josh Looman: Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Interview w/ Josh Looman: Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Interview w/ Josh Looman: Franchise Mode

That won't happen, Josh told us that the trick is going to be scouting your guys BEFORE you start FA. If you could do that, it would defeat the purpose of why they sped the whole thing up this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #42
Rookie

You are correct that the lowest timer a FA can have is 60 seconds but some will be longer than that.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #43
Rookie

What was said earlier was correct, Josh didn't say that they were the first one's to think of this he was simply stating that they first thought about putting it in Madden 5 years ago. That shows you the dev cycle they are on, when he told us he was pretty much done with Madden 12 and was looking forward to Madden 13 we were like man that is a short dev cycle indeed.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #44
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Well the game comes out every year so I bet every year around this time they start working on the next on.

I really hate the whole yearly cycle though. When you read a bunch of this stuff it seems most major changes take at least 2 years to implement. Think of what they could actually add to the game every 2 years instead of having to focus on making a new one while also working on a major update for it's successor?
Old 06-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #45
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Well the game comes out every year so I bet every year around this time they start working on the next on.

I really hate the whole yearly cycle though. When you read a bunch of this stuff it seems most major changes take at least 2 years to implement. Think of what they could actually add to the game every 2 years instead of having to focus on making a new one while also working on a major update for it's successor?
Think about what they could add if they spent 9 years on a game. In the end the cycle is what it is. The reality is we have no idea how long it takes to develop some of the things that are created, and how many people's shoulders are being stood on to make the improvements we do see each year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Think about what they could add if they spent 9 years on a game. In the end the cycle is what it is. The reality is we have no idea how long it takes to develop some of the things that are created, and how many people's shoulders are being stood on to make the improvements we do see each year.
I agree with you there, I really think that EA Sports needs to go to dual developer model for Madden similar to what Activision does with Call Of Duty and what they already do with FIFA. It would actually give them a real dev cycle that would allow them to make those "leapfrog" type updates to the game from year to year because every year the game would get at least 18 months of dev time as opposed to the 9 months the game gets now. We can only wish I guess.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:58 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

Many here are misunderstanding the scouting process and I'd just like to clarify for those who aren't sure. There are only TWO ways to unlock a player's "potential" rating: either through individual workouts (of which you don't get a ton, so you have to use them wisely based on prior scouting), or by keeping them through the entire pre-season to unlock all their ratings. This is exactly like Head Coach 09....there is no other way to see a player's potential. It's not just out there anymore for all to see, which is what the article says. This is why scouting is so important. If you draft a player you didn't have in for an individual workout, you're essentially doing it blind because you won't know his potential until going through the entire pre-season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »