Home

EA Ripped this Straight from CBS' Presentation ... but didn't go far enough.

This is a discussion on EA Ripped this Straight from CBS' Presentation ... but didn't go far enough. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 10:05 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA Ripped this Straight from CBS' Presentation ... but didn't go far enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeejay
Ill keep complaining about Madden until they produce something that
offers more of a complete football experience than there own last
gen titles.
Why do you keep complaining then? To me Madden 10 and 11 were better than any other Madden to date on the field. Now franchise mode was not near as good as Madden 05, but that looks to have changed. Madden still has many problems that some overlook and some exaggerate and even some that frustrate nearly all of us, but when you sit down and focus on what is right, Madden 11 is a great playing football game. I have no doubt I'll play M12 like crazy with the new tackling, defense, franchise, and presentation improvements. They fixed their biggest issues from M11 and the game looks a lot better already.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 10:07 PM   #42
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: EA Ripped this Straight from CBS' Presentation ... but didn't go far enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
There's a group here and they know who they are who will complain no matter what EA does.
Yep....
Glad I have about 1000 things more important than complaining over and over again about a video game.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #43
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
gen titles.
Wouldn't it make sense to wait till the game comes out and playing it before complaining about said game?

The very second post of this thread already ripped EA for not doing something like this sooner in the game. Goodness, you guys just find anything wrong with everything. They could make the perfect game and you all will complain that it wasn't perfect last year.

The presentation is being improved. See it in action or at least say something constructive about why you don't like it or want to see improvement rather than just saying: "Too bad it wasn't like this last year!"
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 06-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #44
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
gen titles.
fair enough....just make sure your *captain obvious* cape isn't on...a bunch of us have been here for 8-9 years....know your place around these parts
Old 06-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Why do you keep complaining then? To me Madden 10 and 11 were better than any other Madden to date on the field. Now franchise mode was not near as good as Madden 05, but that looks to have changed. Madden still has many problems that some overlook and some exaggerate and even some that frustrate nearly all of us, but when you sit down and focus on what is right, Madden 11 is a great playing football game. I have no doubt I'll play M12 like crazy with the new tackling, defense, franchise, and presentation improvements. They fixed their biggest issues from M11 and the game looks a lot better already.
You answered your own question.

If the franchise is not near as good as 05, then Im not getting the complete football experience I seek and am therefore still complaining.

I played through 28 seasons of franchise in Madden 05. Current gen my
record is 1. What changed? Was it me?

I agree this year is shaping up to be the best current gen madden, and
so it should be! but they are lagging behind expections that they themselves and 2k set many years ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
fair enough....just make sure your *captain obvious* cape isn't on...a bunch of us have been here for 8-9 years....know your place around these parts
It seems you are the one who is uncertain of their place.........this is
the internet, a magical realm in which you not quite as hard as you are
trying to sound.

To the others who quoted my post.....I think my stance is fair and am
sure others share it. I dont think Im being unreasonable. I think madden
12 is looking good, but I know there will still be a lot of thing from last
gen missing, and I will continue voice my concerns about that...even if
it has already been said.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:25 PM   #47
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
You answered your own question.

If the franchise is not near as good as 05, then Im not getting the complete football experience I seek and am therefore still complaining.

I played through 28 seasons of franchise in Madden 05. Current gen my
record is 1. What changed? Was it me?

I agree this year is shaping up to be the best current gen madden, and
so it should be! but they are lagging behind expections that they themselves and 2k set many years ago.
2k's franchise mode was bug riddled and damn near broken. That was a definite weakness of that series.

Last edited by bkrich83; 06-20-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #48
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
It seems you are the one who is uncertain of their place.........this is
the internet, a magical realm in which you not quite as hard as you are
trying to sound.

To the others who quoted my post.....I think my stance is fair and am
sure others share it. I dont think Im being unreasonable. I think madden
12 is looking good, but I know there will still be a lot of thing from last
gen missing, and I will continue voice my concerns about that...even if
it has already been said.
welcome to my ignore list rook...enjoy your stay

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »