Home

Should Backtrack Make a Return?

This is a discussion on Should Backtrack Make a Return? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should Backtrack Make a Comeback?
Yes, but it needs its updates. 29 38.16%
Yes, even if it is like the video. 6 7.89%
No, I don't like the feature. 41 53.95%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Should Backtrack Make a Return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Out of all the EA features to have short lives, this presentation feature might have been the best one. It definitely had room for improvement, but was a great step in the presentation aspect of things.

With EA now going full broadcast, should we see a return of the Backtrack feature? I am for it, or for something very similar. Maybe tweak it to be more like a real broadcast, but definitely bring it back. I'd also like to see it used for all plays, not just sacks or interceptions. Maybe show the hole the RB should have gone through, or the penalty a referee missed. The more, the better.

For those of you who don't know or cannot remember this feature, here you go.

So, what do you think?

No, it shouldn't be reintroduced according to how YOU laid it out. But it should be reintroduced into a full blown halftime show, in which we don't really have at this moment. Maybe if you have said that, most people would agree. I doubt anyone would go against. Just saying.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

Why was it omitted from madden 10?
Old 07-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I think a lot of people are getting confused. This topic is simply about the Backtrack presentation element. Nowhere did I mention the Rewind feature. I am not a fan of the Rewind feature and am not asking about that.

― Plato
Old 07-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #20
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
I think a lot of people are getting confused. This topic is simply about the Backtrack presentation element. Nowhere did I mention the Rewind feature. I am not a fan of the Rewind feature and am not asking about that.
Yeah the Rewind feature and Backtrack were not related at all I believe. When I played Madden 09 I would always see Backtrack during my franchise games but never had the Rewind feature turned on.

As for reintroducing Backtrack, it would be a good idea but I think some improvements would need to be made. If I remember correctly, many times during an interception replay he would say what reciever the QB should've thrown to but that player in actuality was not open and there were better options available. In order for it to work the way we would want it, we would need improved gameplay and improved commentary (so that what Collinsworth is talking about in the replay actually matches up nicely with what we see on the field). But I think as a presentation feature, it certainly helps with the realism aspect.
Red Sox

Twitter: @mburke2_08
PSN: mburke2_08
Old 07-05-2011, 11:30 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbreezex
No, it shouldn't be reintroduced according to how YOU laid it out. But it should be reintroduced into a full blown halftime show, in which we don't really have at this moment. Maybe if you have said that, most people would agree. I doubt anyone would go against. Just saying.
That is why you choose the option that says Yes, but with improvements.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 12:40 AM   #22
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

I voted no, I tried it a few times and turned it off permanently.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:36 AM   #23
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

With some improvements, this should be a permenant presentation feature. But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
I voted no. Backtrack was like having a math tutor that couldn't do simple math.

When they've fixed the gameplay, they could add in a feature like Backtrack again, but until then I rather not get a lecture on what I should have done otherwise, when I see my offensive linemen not blocking correctly, or when I know that it would have been impossible to complete a certain pass as LBs are psychic and can turn on a dime and jump 6-8 feet in the air.
I hope EA does nothing until they address the playbooks, play calling mechanics, animations & AI. I can't appreciate any other additions until the basics of football & physics are covered.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
That is why you choose the option that says Yes, but with improvements.
LOL, but look. You explain in your post how you want it in, which is the same as it was before right? I am saying, I wouldn't like that or the majority as well . But maybe if your idea was what I included ... "to make it a halftime show" most of the people would agree, I picture.

An improvement to that would be to not mention the success rate (percentage) of that play against the defense because no one says that on the broadcast really.An improvement is adding on. But a totally new idea would be to make backtrack a halftime show and breakdown a couple big plays is all im saying. But who really wants to be interupted with a long scientific breakdown of a play during the game?

A better option in your choice would be "Yes, but done differently" if that's what you're looking for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »