Home

Boycott madden until it improves!

This is a discussion on Boycott madden until it improves! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 06:51 AM   #9
Rookie

petersondagreat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Boycott madden until it improves!

Lets Boycott the OP
Old 07-27-2011, 06:55 AM   #10
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Doesn't it improve every year?
Old 07-27-2011, 07:01 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratojr79
Well, how do you know if they improved it unless you try the new one? That goes against your "boycott."

Hmmmmmmm, don't feed the troll, people.
Then you are calling Chris(from operationsports) a troll, cause he just said the same thing in a write up that was on the front page a few days ago. If we accept whatever EA throws out, we won't see the improvements that we could see. Thats just simple truth with any company.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 07:05 AM   #12
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Has ApexBronx(aka Troof Chaser) come back to OS?
Old 07-27-2011, 07:35 AM   #13
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by docolla
Honestly would any of you buy the same car every year if the only thing that changed was the interior? That's what Madden is. Every year the same horrible engine runs the game. All you need to do to win on any setting is a deep cross to the middle when they all out blitz and then when on defense run dime inside cb blitz. I don't mean to offend any one who loves the game, I'm just saying that unless customers make a stand then EA will continue to sell the same product with only cosmetic improvements. I don't know about you guys but I want to think about what play to call next instead of knowing that the same 3 plays a game will win it for me.
I'm going to buy it now just to boycott your boycott!

Who am I kidding, I'm buying again this year for my NFL gaming fix, to win the Superbowl with the Dolphins (because I'll probably never see it in my lifetime), and especially because of the nice improvements made to franchise.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:44 AM   #14
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
Doesn't it improve every year?
No, 2011 was not as good as 2010. However I love football so I buy it every year. Also of all years to boycott I don't think this is the year. If NCAA 12 is any indication, Madden 12 could be great. NCAA 12 is the best football game I've played since NFL 2k5.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:47 AM   #15
Rookie

HawkeyMediaPlus's Arena

OVR: 17

There are more important things in this world to boycott. Lets start with the government and taxes and worry about Madden later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 07:49 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by docolla
Honestly would any of you buy the same car every year if the only thing that changed was the interior? That's what Madden is. Every year the same horrible engine runs the game. All you need to do to win on any setting is a deep cross to the middle when they all out blitz and then when on defense run dime inside cb blitz. I don't mean to offend any one who loves the game, I'm just saying that unless customers make a stand then EA will continue to sell the same product with only cosmetic improvements. I don't know about you guys but I want to think about what play to call next instead of knowing that the same 3 plays a game will win it for me.
Ever heard of self control or house rules? You should try it sometimes.
If you find a play that allows you to beat the AI every time, just don't call it. Simple as that.

And besides, for some people like me gameplay is not as important as franchise mode, which they have finally improved a bit this year (although there's still a long way to go...)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »