Home

Is LS its own position this year?

This is a discussion on Is LS its own position this year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #9
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is LS its own position this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
It is nice that they are in the game, but the position is completely useless in Madden lets be honest just like P and K. The difference between a 56 and 96 is minimal. Might make the difference between 45-55 yard fg. Thats really little considering. I would really like to see the ratings even more meaningful from the stretch of a few years ago
True but hey they have to cover on punt returns so they could be the difference in making a tackle and stopping aTD
Old 08-05-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Until longsnapping has its own rating, having a longsnapper position is pointless. A depth chart assignment is fine.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #11
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
I read that LS will be in the game this year. but are they going to have their own positon or will it just come under C?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Do you mean like a guy's position is LS and nothing else? If so, I have no idea, but they definitely allow you to pick a LS from your team. I usually make it my backup C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
i believe they come in as offensive lineman.
Long snappers are in the game, but they play a multitude of positions, as they don't have their own position in the game. On one team they might be a offensive lineman, on a second team a defensive lineman or even as a tight end on a third team.

In the most recent released player ratings both Cox (Ravens' LS) and Harris (Bengals' LS) are in the roster. Cox is listed as a 50 OVR LE, while Harris is listed as a 59 OVR TE.

So yes, long snappers are in the game, but they are listed as expendable players at other positions. However, I've never, ever seen a missed or poor long snap in Madden, so why should I care who the long snapper is.

Last edited by guaps; 08-05-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think it's good to have long snappers, though I doubt most people are going to care much. I cringe when I see a center playing long snapper, especially for my Eagles. Not only does it take away from the realism, but it is better to have an athletic guy on punt coverage.

If they would simply make a rating and a position (that doesn't have a requirement) then this would matter. But people would be pissed when a snap went bad because their snapper isn't as reliable.

Same reason we don't see fumbled snaps, poor handoff exchanges, and other non controllable mistakes.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #13
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by menglish20
I think it's good to have long snappers, though I doubt most people are going to care much. I cringe when I see a center playing long snapper, especially for my Eagles. Not only does it take away from the realism, but it is better to have an athletic guy on punt coverage.

If they would simply make a rating and a position (that doesn't have a requirement) then this would matter. But people would be pissed when a snap went bad because their snapper isn't as reliable.

Same reason we don't see fumbled snaps, poor handoff exchanges, and other non controllable mistakes.
Donny Moore asked on Twitter a while back who people thought were the best long snappers in the league. Don't know if that means there will be an actual rating for LS that could have an effect on the game or if that was just a meaningless tweet. So take it for what its worth.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »