Home

Bad Move to scrap Extra Point/Halftime Show

This is a discussion on Bad Move to scrap Extra Point/Halftime Show within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Bad Move to scrap Extra Point/Halftime Show

EA makes another Bad move for the madden franchise I think because halftime and weekly Extra Point Presentation was something i think many of use were expecting to get a huge boost after 3 years

BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 09:44 AM   #2

OVR: 34
Re: Bad Move to scrap Extra Point/Halftime Show

I think where it's a bad move is to introduce it to where it looks like it has potential and then completely remove it. That theme has been Madden's tendency this generation. A lot of things get introduced and then either abandoned or completely removed.

However, with the way they have released information for Madden 12, I really get the impression that they have a list of things they worked on and are going with that. I don't have this sense that they are working on all these various things and are promising this overhauled game. So far (just based on info alone) Madden 12 has actually impressed me with a fresh outlook.

I think it was Madden 08 where that game was so bloated with content and such. There was the Hall of Fame stuff, the Josten's ring. All this stuff was there and then I'm playing the game and the framerate was really choppy etc. That's when I really started feeling like they weren't focused. They since removed all the nonessentials like weapons (or gave you the option to turn them on off).

But getting back to Madden 12, I feel like it's cleaner in its ambition. Things seem more focused. Would I like to see a nice halftime show? Sure. But, I'd rather see it put in and built on then just left there taking up space.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquez859
EA makes another Bad move for the madden franchise I think because halftime and weekly Extra Point Presentation was something i think many of use were expecting to get a huge boost after 3 years

BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Tried it in my chise recently and liked it. It mentioned a winning streak I was on and my back going over 1000 yards...not great but decent. Wish they still had it.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 05-12-2011, 09:57 AM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Eh, if the new presentation features are as well-done as they appear to be, I won't miss the Extra Point.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Eh, if the new presentation features are as well-done as they appear to be, I won't miss the Extra Point.

True...if chise mode is lets say the same as M07 I won't miss it either. I just thought it was a nice addition that could be improved on for a really nice presentation. I liked the halftime show for that reason, it had more of a real life feel. I know it wasn't great. but it was something.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I can't blame a company if they aren't happy with the outcome of something within their product, to redo it better to their complete satisfaction.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

If they remove it, and don't replace it, then I'll be disappointed. No excuse for that.

But if they streamline the feature and at least get it to NBA 2k11 standards where the half-time show is ridiculously upbeat and meaningful (with a great music track), then I'll be happy.

However, if their new halftime replacement is rife with trite phrases like "And here are the scores", "And here is what is happening with the rest of the league", "And here are today's stats", then they can remove it altogether because no one is going to waste their time watching that.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:54 AM   #8
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

i think they made a good call removing something that didn't mesh with the 'true to the game' authenticity they're striving for this year. while i agree a good halftime show/postgame show is a HUGE part of presentation i rather them work on it for m13 since they spent a lot of resources redoing presentation as a whole. last thing we want is something rushed an half assed, i take it as a good sign EA doesn't want something generic to take away from the authenticity they're trying to achieve.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »