Home

Wow...is anyone having fun with this yet?

This is a discussion on Wow...is anyone having fun with this yet? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Wow...is anyone having fun with this yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I'm 45..came from handhelds then Atari etc..
We've come a long way and yes they game is damn fun. Age isn't the issue. It's the misery loves company and look at me , instant gratification people that can never be happy about a GAME that's the issue.

Most gamers can see issues, point them out...then play the game and have fun. Others think they are owed something and issues are made out as game killers or "broken game" items.
Or, some people have low expectations and are easily satisfied, and can't understand that others have have higher expectations.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #50
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

YEAH BUDDY!!!
Old 08-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #51
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Or, some people have low expectations and are easily satisfied, and can't understand that others have have higher expectations.
My expectation is a fun enjoyable VIDEO GAME.
Madden 12 gives many of us that.
It has improved.
Don't like it? Fine. Don't play it.
Probelm is those like you that don't like it feel you have to go in every thread and try and change others minds. Not going to happen.
Ignore List....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #52
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
It has improved.
Probelm is those like you that don't like it feel you have to go in every thread and try and change others minds. Not going to happen.
Exactly how I feel.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
It has improved.
Ignore List....
All I did was exactly what you did but turned it around. You were blasting others for having realistic issues, trying to say there expectations were unreasonable.

I just gave it right back to you. If you don't like it, then don't do it to others. LOL.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 8

Stormyhog and Skyboxer are my new favorite posters.....I am 41 and remember all the games. Sears Pong system was my first, Intellivision, Atari 2600, the original NES....oh the memory's

Remember Tecmo Bowl and the 8 plays a game you could pick? The rosters were all jacked up you could throw 99 yard passes? Super Tecmo Bo and the impossible to tackles.... I dont remember worrying about DL/OL interaction or WR/DBs interaction...but I do remember the Super Tecmo Bowl Lost Weekend.

That was the GREATEST GAME EVER....Games released on Friday...went to Lenox Mall in Atlanta on the Marta.....ate lunch, went back to the barracks around 2 pm....Drinking and smoking and tourneys till Sunday at 7 pm....Best time ever.

I bet I spent 100's of hours playing that game....took every team that sucked and won Super Bowls.....and never once complained about all that was wrong.....and that was before the internet, playing someone meant they were in the same room and whatever came out of the box...well there were no roster updates, tuning patches, and gameplay additions....it was what it was.

The Best Thing Ever....
Old 08-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #55
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMUfootball
I agree with that skillz poster, positive OR negative personal opinions should be kept to the impressions thread.

On a broader note, I can't help but wonder about the age of most of the people who actually find this game, and other mediocre contemporary games, "great". I guess it's all relative - if you can't personally remember when there was football game competition, or when many of the features that are mysteriously absent from NCAA and Madden '12 were actually included in games, then by comparison Madden '12 must look like the coolest game in the world.

There is also a larger loop of crappiness in the gaming world: the more mediocre, uninspired, half completed games that are made, the more that becomes an acceptable state to release a game in. People may spend their entire "gaming lives" playing poorly developed games...and that happens to make the next poorly developed game all the more easy to buy for them. Anyone who actually remembers older days when companies tried to make games (not just sports games) that were thoughtful, revolutionary, or bold is "expecting too much."

When you've seen games, past and present, successfully do many of the things that EA Tiburon refuses to do, it's not "expecting too much". It's called wisely spending your dollars elsewhere, and hoping that someday another company gets the NFL license.

You should be more condescending.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #56
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
because of the NCAA 12 fiasco i got cold feet and haven't even opened Madden 12 yet

I'm hoping to resist for about a week until i see more feedback on gameplay and stuff

usually bugs and glitches are found about 1-2 weeks after release...is everything so far so good in your opinion on that end?
So far so good. Needs slider tweaks for sure. I don't have enough game time in though to really say for sure it's all good.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »