Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #57
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

What do you guys think of mine? I picked the 49ers, traded away Kaepernick, Crabtree and a 1st rounder to the Lions for Stafford (needed a face to the franchise) Traded Willis (yes I know) and Joe Staley to the Broncos for Ryan Clady (need to keep Stafford healthy and Clady is the best pass blocker in the game). I also shipped out Frank Gore to Oakland (I don't like expensive running backs, especially when they're near 30) for Jacoby Ford and a second rounder, I love Jacoby's explosiveness paired with Stafford. I also signed 3 O-lineman that were free agents, O'Hara (C, 92 pass block) Leonard Davis (84 pass block, 94 run block) and Jon Stinchcomb (92 pass block) and combined with Ryan Clady (96 pass block!) I have one of if not the best O-line in the game, Stafford has all day to throw. At Running back I currently have Tiki Barber (hey he's an 83 and was a free agent so why not) backed up by Anthony Dixon and Kendall Hunter so I definitely want to upgrade there. At WR and TE obviously Vernon Davis is my go to guy and Jacoby Ford and Braylon Edwards are deep threats that really make use of Stafford's arm strength. Defense is a little weak but not too bad. Justin Smith is a best at RE in the 3-4 and Aldon Smith has freaky potential as an edge rusher. Lofa Tatupu was a free agent so I signed him, so the loss of Willis really isn't too bad. I love Donte Whitner at SS but he's about the only good player in the secondary. Goldson is alright at FS and Spencer and Carlos Rogers are both below average in coverage at the corner spot. Let me know what you think. Remember I'm trying to rebuild so I realize I won't stack up with the elite teams quite yet, hopefully I'm on the right track though.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:32 PM   #58
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

One thing I forgot to make note of in my GB Franchise is that SS Morgan Burnett went down in Week 1 with a Broken Jaw and will be out for 4 weeks. I figured that would be no problem with Charlie Peprah backing him up. However, no so fast my friend. Peprah goes down with a Fractured Foot the very next week. With that I had to choose to cut TE Tom Crabtree and bring in SS Taylor Mays.
Spoiler

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-30-2011, 08:53 PM   #59
Have a V8....POWER!

EL_GABE's Arena

OVR: 4

Started one of my Dallas cowboys tueday not planning on doin any big moves. Just realese A.gurode. And hopefully my line can save romo.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #60
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp90805
Started one of my Dallas cowboys tueday not planning on doin any big moves. Just realese A.gurode. And hopefully my line can save romo.
Good Luck
Old 08-30-2011, 08:57 PM   #61
Rookie

king8838's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave86
Franchise as the Cowboys. 0-2. Got blown out both games. I suck.

I have zero time with the o-line, I throw so many picks. I can't stop the run, and the playaction carves me up.

I need help everywhere.
Trade romo for an o lineman and sign a fa qb
Psalm 118:17 "I will not die; instead, I will live to tell what the LORD has done."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #62
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
It sounds like you have a QB Controversy on your hands. With Jake playing like that maybe you can move Schaub to WR Seriously though, what are you going to do with Andre? Are you going to go with what you got and hope someone steps up or sign a FA?

Man, I love franchise this year.
Hahaha Jake is definitely going to be a serviceable backup when Matt comes back.

Our WR core is pretty thin after Andre, so, I think I might go out and sign T.O. before our week 4 game.

should be pretty interesting from here on out
Old 08-30-2011, 09:40 PM   #63
Rookie

With the Panthers I was excited to see how the off-season was for me so I simmed the season went 6-10. Just finished game 1 of season 2, beating the Bucs 20-9. I couldn't get Cam's passing game started, only having 86 pass yards. My run game saved me as I couldn't run with D'Angelo Williams (12 carries, 53 yards), but rookie Deon Joseph and 3rd string Jonathan Stewart helped me big time. Deon is my red zone back as on 2 rushes he had 23 yards, and I put Stewart in the 4th quarter and with 4 rushes he had 88 yards, on his first rush he had 61 yards. It took me the first half to get the defense down packed. Now, I'm off to practice to see who the starter of my 3 headed dragon will be, Stewart or Williams, after stewart's play tonight. Williams will still start next week, but if I play better with Stewart I'll start him the first half, which is what I'll be doing from now on. Starting is just the first half. I plan on keeping deon joseph in the red zone.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #64
Have a V8....POWER!

EL_GABE's Arena

How many mins are you guys playing? What's good for about a normal nfl game? I currently doin 8 mins a quater. Vs the viking I had 24:38 of possession time while they had 7:28 I had 47 plays on Off while they had 22. It feels really low to me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »