Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #41
Rookie

xpmar9x's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

I'm using my Titans, of course. They have some playmakers, but also need a rebuild. Here's what i've done so far:

Trade #1:
Chris Hope (87), Jason McCourty (71), and a 3rd for D. Rodgers-Cromartie (85).

I was shocked this deal went through, especially because it seems to be hard to get a trade now. I (and all Titans fans) hate Chris Hope, he's horrible in coverage. Titans have Jordan Babineaux as a backup, who has better speed and coverage. Also Chris Hope is the highest paid safety (at 6.5mil) so this opened some cap room. Eagles were willing to part with DRC since he's their #3 CB, they got a starting SS and a decent #3/#4 CB. I know has a big, speedy, #2 CB to pair with Finnegan. Verner can play the nickle/dime as the #3. This makes my secondary complete, and will be looking for a SS 1st or 2nd round in the upcoming draft.

That's the only trade i've done so far, but i'm looking to trade Dave Ball with Nate Washington/Justin Gage to land a legit #2 WR.

Played one game, won it 21-13. Locker had 2 TDs/1 INT, CJ had the other TD. Britt has 1 TD, Cook with the other rec TD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #42
Rookie

I am playing with my 49ers and I am in my first season. This rebuilding phase of my franchise is going to be tough. Played my first preseason game against the Saints and they blew me out. I am now playing the Raiders and I am blowing them out. I am not sure yet who I want to be my starting QB. Should I give Alex Smith on last time or just go ahead and start Colin Kaepernick?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #43
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

Just started my Redskins franchise! The preseason is a blast so far....I like to have a really mobile QB so to start the preseason I signed Troy Smith and the UFA Jerrod Johnson out of Texas A&M...Johnson has done well so far against 3rd stringers, Jabar Gaffney has been catching everything thrown his way, but I'm most shocked by Brandon Thompson....Thompson has been showing very D.Hall like play, against the steelers he got beat deep (partly my fault when switching to him) and then on the next play Batch went his way again and he jumped the route and got the pick, and then got beat again the next drive...inconsistent but the big play ability is there! Oh and Jenkins is a monster...too bad he will be injured on the next update! Really loving this year so far
Old 08-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #44
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Playing a Texans franchise, Matt Schaub went down in the preseason and he will be out for the first 6 weeks of the season.

Come week 1, I got out looking for a QB and who do I sign, Jake Delhomme.

I didn't have many expectations for Jake to win us any games, but luckily we have Arian Foster.

Foster ran for 254 Yards and 2 TD's in a 21-17 week one win over The Colts. Peyton carved us up for 348 Yards and 2 TDs but their defense lost the game.

Moving on to week 2, we travel too Miami, our defense smothered them, knocked Reggie Bush out for 8 weeks and picked off Chad Henne 2 times. Arian Foster ran for 134 yards and a score, Delhomme tossed 2 TD passes and we won easy down in Miami.

Week 3 we travel to New Orleans. This was Jake Delhommes coming out party. He started hot, finding Andre Johnson for 5 passes in the first quarter. It felt good to get him involved big time finally.

They shut down our run game for the most part, holding Foster for 75 yards. That mattered none, Jake Delhomme passed for over 400 yards and 5 TDS! This was DPP at it's finest.

We won the game easily, but ultimately paid for it big time. We lost Andre Johnson to a broken collarbone and he'll be out for 10 WEEKS...
Old 08-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #45
Rookie

RobbyB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsfan81
I am playing with my 49ers and I am in my first season. This rebuilding phase of my franchise is going to be tough. Played my first preseason game against the Saints and they blew me out. I am now playing the Raiders and I am blowing them out. I am not sure yet who I want to be my starting QB. Should I give Alex Smith on last time or just go ahead and start Colin Kaepernick?

I just put Kap in from day one, Alex isnt even going to see the field for me. Might even trade him come week 6.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 04:55 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

Started a franchise as Da Bears, and kept everything the same, no trades.

I'm 3-2 right now. New Orleans crushed me by 14, and the Lions snuck out a 1-point win agaisnt me after Suh knocked Cutler out for the game in the 2nd quarter. He ended up with four sacks that game. Hanie played well, but we couldn't hold a 14-3 lead without our starting QB.

Cutler is kind of awful. 8 TDs, 8 INTs. Forte has been an absolute man beast, and was ranked second in rushing last I looked. My entire defensive line has as least four sacks, Peppers has five or six, and Idonije has like a dozen tackles for a loss to lead the league.

So far, so good. Scouting the crap out of WRs and LTs for the draft in the offseason. My offensive line needs major upgrades, because Chris Williams gets tons of holding penalties and Cutler (and then Hanie) are getting mauled in the backfield.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyB
I just put Kap in from day one, Alex isnt even going to see the field for me. Might even trade him come week 6.
How is Kap doing for u? And what kind of trade value is Alex?

Old 08-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #48
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Playing a Texans franchise, Matt Schaub went down in the preseason and he will be out for the first 6 weeks of the season.

Come week 1, I got out looking for a QB and who do I sign, Jake Delhomme.

I didn't have many expectations for Jake to win us any games, but luckily we have Arian Foster.

Foster ran for 254 Yards and 2 TD's in a 21-17 week one win over The Colts. Peyton carved us up for 348 Yards and 2 TDs but their defense lost the game.

Moving on to week 2, we travel too Miami, our defense smothered them, knocked Reggie Bush out for 8 weeks and picked off Chad Henne 2 times. Arian Foster ran for 134 yards and a score, Delhomme tossed 2 TD passes and we won easy down in Miami.

Week 3 we travel to New Orleans. This was Jake Delhommes coming out party. He started hot, finding Andre Johnson for 5 passes in the first quarter. It felt good to get him involved big time finally.

They shut down our run game for the most part, holding Foster for 75 yards. That mattered none, Jake Delhomme passed for over 400 yards and 5 TDS! This was DPP at it's finest.

We won the game easily, but ultimately paid for it big time. We lost Andre Johnson to a broken collarbone and he'll be out for 10 WEEKS...
It sounds like you have a QB Controversy on your hands. With Jake playing like that maybe you can move Schaub to WR Seriously though, what are you going to do with Andre? Are you going to go with what you got and hope someone steps up or sign a FA?

Man, I love franchise this year.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »