Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-29-2011, 03:18 PM   #17
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcats55
Thanks, that is great feed back!

Now what about on the defensive side of the ball? Madden may rank it higher but if it is anywhere close to how the pre-season has looked, defense is going to be a serious problem this year in Carolina. What moves would you make to strengthen that reasonably without shaking up the whole team?
Depends on what you want to run. If I did one with the Panthers I go back to a 3-4.

Your LBs are studs. Only one I might look at upgrading would be Conner in the middle but that would be after everything else. I would however try to grab a solid LOLB to back up Davis and a solid MLB backup for Connor. They are both injury prone and your LBs are going to be the key to your defense. A speedier OLB for coverage and blitzing would be ideal given your outside backers are average speed.

Your secondary is good for now and even Martin has a good zone coverage rating.

Your Dline is the place to look to improve. I would get a monster DT and two monster DE with high tackle ratings (Not sure if they already have guys that apply given Rivera is transitioning them to a 4-3, which is part of the reason they are struggling this pre-season (i take this back Fox already had them in a 4-3, just had the personnel to run a 3-4), but if Balmer is on the latest roster he would be someone you can use). When I have run a 3-4 I sometimes even go out and get 3 300lb+ DTs to play all three positions.

In Madden that D should be very good because it is good on paper, just struggled so far this year in real life.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 08-29-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Once I get the game, I will start a franchise with my Giants. I am banking on a good defense to send us to the playoffs.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:40 PM   #19
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
I am 0-3 with Vikings traveling to Kansas City, and will be without the services of the following players:

Adrian Peterson
Jared Allen
Percy Harvin
Cedric Griffin
Hussain Abdullah

Signed S Darren Sharper to a 1yr deal after losing Abdullah for 9 weeks with a dislocated ankle.

Allen and Harvin went down wk1, Griffin, AP, and Abdullah were week 3 casualties....Peterson going down with a broken jaw after his 4th carry of the game.

The Lions beat me up and their DLine is a beast. I lost to them 24-0. Hopefully that was my low point in this franchise, and its only up from here. Was competitive in my other losses, lost to San Diego 28-21, and lost to Tampa Bay 24-10 Loss - Aqib Talib with a pic6 late in the game.

McNabb has been ok, but he has been without Percy Harvin for pretty much every game; Harvin went down with a knee injury on the first series of the 2011 season.

This 0-3 Vikes start will be fun to bust out of.....if I can.....
Old 08-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #20
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I am 0-3 with Vikings traveling to Kansas City, and will be without the services of the following players:

Adrian Peterson
Jared Allen
Percy Harvin
Cedric Griffin
Hussain Abdullah

Signed S Darren Sharper to a 1yr deal after losing Abdullah for 9 weeks with a dislocated ankle.

Allen and Harvin went down wk1, Griffin, AP, and Abdullah were week 3 casualties....Peterson going down with a broken jaw after his 4th carry of the game.

The Lions beat me up and their DLine is a beast. I lost to them 24-0. Hopefully that was my low point in this franchise, and its only up from here. Was competitive in my other losses, lost to San Diego 28-21, and lost to Tampa Bay 24-10 Loss - Aqib Talib with a pic6 late in the game.

McNabb has been ok, but he has been without Percy Harvin for pretty much every game; Harvin went down with a knee injury on the first series of the 2011 season.

This 0-3 Vikes start will be fun to bust out of.....if I can.....
The Lions were insane. I could not get anything going against them. Game ended up a 12-10 win for me as all I could put on the board were FGs and most of those were set up by big special teams plays. I was just hoping that Dalton and Benson were going to make it out of the game. Fairley and Suh are going to make running up the middle agianst the Lions impossible by year 2 of my franchise.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Traded Palmer, Cook and my third round pick to the Dolphins for Pouncey and Moore (only took Moore because their roster was full).

You lost me there...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #22
Rookie

bodean's Arena

OVR: 6
You guys using default difficulty?
Old 08-29-2011, 04:48 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm on year 3 on my Browns franchise, just messing around waiting for the final rosters to be set, but in year 1 I sent Peyton Hillis to the Seahawks for Justin Forsett, and 1st round picks in 2012, and 2013, and Eric Steinbach I sent to the Broncos for a 2nd round pick in 2013.

After the first year I traded McCoy and drafted Andrew Jenkins, a random 1st round QB who is A potential and started at 85 ovr, and also drafted a LOLB who is A potential, and at 83 ovr. but he was in the 4th round, and betwen them got some C potential, and a D potential center in the 3rd round.

Second offseason I picked up 83 overall RB with B potential in the 2nd, can't remember my first round picks, since i like to trade pick and accumulate multiple picks I think in one franchise I had like 15 picks in one draft.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:05 PM   #24
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean
You guys using default difficulty?
No. I use custom sliders. However i only control the QB if I'm in which will be never probably. I usually have a rb that is "me" that i control when im in. Otherwise i just coach.
On D i control an OLB (i also have a created "me" at OLB.) Whether im in or not.

Anyways I'm more about the coaching but still play when my player is in.
When i am controlling the OLB i do not switch on D. I use same player the whole play.
Anyways add in Broadcast cam and its Heaven for me

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 08-29-2011 at 05:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »