Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Bengals

Something that made me crack up was the Raiders cut Pryor during the week 3 cuts. Apparently the CPU doesn’t approve of Al Daivs’ football logic.
HAH I wouldn't have expected that
Old 08-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #10
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Bengals

Traded Palmer, Cook and my third round pick to the Dolphins for Pouncey and Moore (only took Moore because their roster was full).

Signed UFA Noel Devine to compete with Leonard/Peerman/Finley for the 3rd string back.

Preseason
Finished 1-3 with my sole win over the Lions.

Preseason highlights and news of note
Devine ended up beating out Peerman and Finley and I couldn’t bring myself to cut Devine or Leonard so I went into the season with four backs (Benson, Scott, Leonard and Devine)

Taylor Mays is an absolute beast in run support. He caused three fumbles in four games (love it but the big hitting needs to be toned down a bit). I love watching the HB juke my LB only to be destroyed by Mays. Pass coverage he gets toasted more often than not, but it’s worth keeping him in for his big play potential.

After week 3 the Steelers cut Larry Foote and I picked him up to back up Maualuga.

Something that made me crack up was the Raiders cut Pryor during the week 3 cuts. Apparently the CPU doesn’t approve of Al Daivs’ football logic.

Regular Season
First game of the season I got housed by the Browns. Dalton threw three picks and Hillis ran wild in the fourth quarter. This was a typical Bengal game as I was leading 14-10 at half time and managed to lose 31-14. The spiral started with the opening kickoff of the second half when the return man that I signed (Banks) from free agency showed why he was a free agent when he coughed the ball up on our own 28. After the 15 yard fumble return it only took McCoy one play to find the endzone. After going back and forth for the third quarter Mr. Hillis decided to show up in the fourth. I thought I had done well when he only had around 70 yards and no TDs going into the last quarter, but one quarter was all he needed to impact the game finishing with 2 TDs and 180 yards.

Im going to do a Bengals chise as well. Did you do anything at the WR position? I dont think im sold on Simpson as the #2
Old 08-29-2011, 02:35 PM   #11
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic
Im going to do a Bengals chise as well. Did you do anything at the WR position? I dont think im sold on Simpson as the #2
I haven't done anything yet. Caldwell got hurt during the preseason and is still injured. Once he comes back I may shop him for a late round draft pick. I like Simpson's spectacular catch rating paired with Dalton's lack of accuracy so I am going to hold on to him. I throw to Shipley more out of the slot so my #2 is not that important to me. The one thing that I would do if I came across anyone would be to replace him with a pure speed #2 to give me a deep threat.

Whalen played out of his mind for me in the preseason and continues to play above his rating and he may work his way into my #2 receiver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 02:37 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 9

Doing the Jets...finished preseason 3-1. Lost to the Texans 52-17, beat Bengals 45-17, beat Giants 50-25, beat Eagles 36-30 in OT.

Now playing 1st reg season game vs the Cowboys. I'm up 35-0 at the half. No matter what play I call offense or defense it's working, just seems like one of those games. I even blocked a fg!
Old 08-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am thinking about doing a Carolina Panther Franchise. The current team is not projected to win more then about 5 games this year if that. I was wondering if there are any moves you guys could suggest to either make the team stronger, or get better so by the time Cam Newton gets up to speed, the team will be contenders?

Any help would be great!

NBA 2K11- Cleavland Cavs 3-0

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS FAN FOR LIFE
Old 08-29-2011, 02:54 PM   #14
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcats55
I am thinking about doing a Carolina Panther Franchise. The current team is not projected to win more then about 5 games this year if that. I was wondering if there are any moves you guys could suggest to either make the team stronger, or get better so by the time Cam Newton gets up to speed, the team will be contenders?

Any help would be great!
I would try to grab a possession receiver (90+ CIT rating) and improve the RG position, possibly focusing on a pass blocking RG. Steve is your go to receiver and deep threat for a year or two more and Gettis is your deep threat on the other side to pull the safeties apart. Now you need an underneath guy that is going to catch everything short to help you keep drives going and prevent you from having to expose Cam's lower accuracy to the dangers of throwing deep.

Outside of that the Panthers should have a very good team for Madden. I would use Williams of Stewart as a trade chip to really improve one or two positions. With Goodson behind them no reason to have two studs unless you are that concerned about their injury ratings. Goodson also gives you a great receiving option out of the backfield.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:59 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I would try to grab a possession receiver (90+ CIT rating) and improve the RG position, possibly focusing on a pass blocking RG. Steve is your go to receiver and deep threat for a year or two more and Gettis is your deep threat on the other side to pull the safeties apart. Now you need an underneath guy that is going to catch everything short to help you keep drives going and prevent you from having to expose Cam's lower accuracy to the dangers of throwing deep.

Outside of that the Panthers should have a very good team for Madden. I would use Williams of Stewart as a trade chip to really improve one or two positions. With Goodson behind them no reason to have two studs unless you are that concerned about their injury ratings. Goodson also gives you a great receiving option out of the backfield.

Thanks, that is great feed back!

Now what about on the defensive side of the ball? Madden may rank it higher but if it is anywhere close to how the pre-season has looked, defense is going to be a serious problem this year in Carolina. What moves would you make to strengthen that reasonably without shaking up the whole team?

NBA 2K11- Cleavland Cavs 3-0

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS FAN FOR LIFE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #16
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm really pumped to get mine started tonight. I've had the PS3 versions for a few days just to get setting the way I need and I'm ready. I just like doing my sports stuff on the 360. However i was able to play online with the PS3 version lag free so that ended a fear I had with PSN.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »