Home

Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? You worried about burning in the scoreboard?

This is a discussion on Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? You worried about burning in the scoreboard? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 07:44 AM   #17
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? You worried about burning in the scoreboard

I've had my Samsung 3d Plasma TV for about two months now and I hardly even get image retention, much less burn-in. And I play plenty of games. As another poster mentioned, most modern plasmas, especially 2011's, don't have this issue hardly at all. Other than breaking it in, be sure to enable pixel shifting and the automatic dimming feature (it probably is called something else but I don't remember what mine is called). Anyway, I love the way my plasma looks, and I'd never go back to an LCD. And thankfully image retention and burn-in are starting to become a thing of the past.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:01 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? You worried about burning in the scoreboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
5 letters...LCD TV. There is no reason for anyone to own a plasma screen nowadays considering the cheap price and size of modern day LCDs. I know that doesn't help you...just saying.
Lcd and led tvs can't touch plasmas.

Plasmas are better for movies and sports.

I have a Samsung plasma and have no image retention.

Just make sure you don't leave game paused and run the white screen
Old 09-02-2011, 08:10 AM   #19
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Have had my Panasonic Plasma for over two years. If fallen asleep/left the tv on with a still image plenty of times and looks just as good as day 1. Sucks that this is happening to you, hopefully you can get it fix and stay with Plasma cause sports look fantastic on them.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 3

Funny I dont have this problem...No images burn into my wood cabinet tv!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

I have a Plasma Panasonic Viera, I don't seem to have this problem with playing Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #22
Rookie

Dirt DiverX's Arena

OVR: 3

Samsung pn59d6500 right here, no burn in problems for this guy.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #23
Rookie

TOmuch81's Arena

OVR: 2

I have a 55 in Sammy plasma and most, if not all plasma's have a device that will erase the image retention on the screen. Look in your TV settings tools.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #24
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

I have a Samsung 42" plasma that I played 360 games on for about 3 years until I replaced it with a 55" LCD 120Hz Visio for my living room. I still have the Samsung plasma in my bedroom now and I never see any issues on it from those 3 years of gaming on it.

Granted I split my time between PC gaming and the 360 so I wasn't on my TV a ton but I played Madden and NCAA as well as NHL games on it for 3-5 months solid every year they came out.

The only small burn in I have on that plasma is from the Direct TV DVR bar at the bottom from pausing shows or ff and rewinding stuff all the time :P

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »