Home

Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? You worried about burning in the scoreboard?

This is a discussion on Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? You worried about burning in the scoreboard? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? Are youworried about burning in the scorebo

I would suggest taking a 5 minute break during the 1st and 3rd quarters. I know it's not ideal but it should work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #26
Rookie

Papi34's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? You worried about burning in the scoreboard

I bought a 42" Panasonic Plasma in 2008 and got paranoid after Madden '09 left horrendous image retention. It did eventually go though and nowadays I still get some after playing some games, watching sports, etc. but it always fades quickly.

I don't think anyone can say any type of tv is necessarily better than the other. It's all about personal preference. I prefer Plasmas because of the more natural looking image, but my friend much prefers LCDs. To me, his picture looks fake and CGI-ish and the backlighting bothers me, but not him so he loves his tv and I love mine. Personal preference.
By the same token, some people like contrast, colour, etc high while others think that looks awful and garish. Some people don't see much difference betwen SD and HD broadcasts, BR discs, etc etc etc.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? You worried about burning in the scoreboard

I have a 2005 Panny plasma that I game on and I have never had a problem with long-term image retention. Madden and NCAA are the worst culprits and they sometimes left ghosting I could see if I had the set on but no signal; however, I never saw anything while watching actual programming. And the sets now are much better about IR; you'd really have to go out of your way to burn-in a plasma these days.

If your sets are relatively new -- say less than six months old -- the image retention will probably be a little more stubborn. As the set ages you will see it less and less, even with just the set on and the lights off.

I don't think the anti-IR scrolls work particularly well. My suggestion if you're having a problem is to put some HD programming on your set--something logo-friendly like HD Theater or HBO -- and use the timer feature on the set to let it run for an hour after you're done and then turn off. You'll probably still see some ghosting, but it should be reduced. You also may want to turn down your brightness when playing Madden.

Image retention is not burn-in. I've been there myself, obsessing about images on the screen, but after six years, two plasmas, and a lot of gaming, I have yet to burn an image into my screen.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkmano
Samsung pn59d6500 right here, no burn in problems for this guy.
That's a good set. I have the 59D7000

But CNET reporting rise in black levels after a year and color loss. Also for panny plasma
Old 09-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #29
Rookie

TitanUP2's Arena

I have a 42' Panny Plasma i've had since '05. The picture still looks as good as the day I bought it. I love the black levels that plasmas provide.

I've mostly played video games on the set. After maybe a long day of playing madden or ncaa I will get some ghosting. But it usually goes away after about 30 minutes.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #30
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando70
I have a 2005 Panny plasma that I game on and I have never had a problem with long-term image retention. Madden and NCAA are the worst culprits and they sometimes left ghosting I could see if I had the set on but no signal; however, I never saw anything while watching actual programming. And the sets now are much better about IR; you'd really have to go out of your way to burn-in a plasma these days.

If your sets are relatively new -- say less than six months old -- the image retention will probably be a little more stubborn. As the set ages you will see it less and less, even with just the set on and the lights off.

I don't think the anti-IR scrolls work particularly well. My suggestion if you're having a problem is to put some HD programming on your set--something logo-friendly like HD Theater or HBO -- and use the timer feature on the set to let it run for an hour after you're done and then turn off. You'll probably still see some ghosting, but it should be reduced. You also may want to turn down your brightness when playing Madden.

Image retention is not burn-in. I've been there myself, obsessing about images on the screen, but after six years, two plasmas, and a lot of gaming, I have yet to burn an image into my screen.
Thanks for this response. This puts my mind at ease. It has less than 300 hours and I have only had it for 3 months.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #31
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbk
I owned plenty of LCD before. The picture doesnt even compare. The black levels on plasmas are way better, motion is way smoother. It is better in every aspect except for it's damn prone to static images for long periods of time.

exactly right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #32
Rookie

I play on a 58 in samsun plasma and I have no burn in problem. I had 1 time when my wife left the netlix screen up for several hours and the autodimmer didnt kick in but it went away after about 15 min after i changed the screen to something out. For madden i have no problems and prefer a plama. It is better picture and cheaper.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »