Home

M2H's 32 Team Control Franchise Handbook

This is a discussion on M2H's 32 Team Control Franchise Handbook within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #33
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M2H's 32 Team Control Franchise Handbook

Do only fake names dissapear from the roster if I cut them in pre season???? what if I cut a real life player will he dissapear too? I am trying to decide doing the rosters myslef on cut down wether or not to start franchise cut them or cut them all before I start my franchise
Old 09-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
1) Hopefully that's not a glitch that popped up this year. I've never had settings jump back from CPU to USER. Were you changing teams while in the franchise options section? You need to back out to the main menu before changing teams. Same goes for when you do the coaching settings.

2) I can tell you haven't read the thread on the fake UDFA's invading all the CPU rosters. The problem isn't that they have fake names. It's that a CPU-run team will not re-sign any players below 80 OVR, and won't sign any FA's below 80. When preseason comes, all those vacant spots a filled by fake UDFA's. Then when cuts come, there will be fake UDFA's who have a hidden rating of 85-95?. Thinking it has a player that will actually be getting a player in the 85-95 range, the CPU will cut a real player with a lower rating. When the actual ratings are revealed, that fake UDFA is in the 40's or 50's, and the CPU does not correct this with a cut and the signing of another player. So each opening day, the CPU rosters are populated with new scubs in the 50's or worse while the FA pool is full of real players in the 60's and 70's who never get signed. Can you see how that would make the CPU rosters progressively worse from year to year?
I have been doing the 32 team control for franchise every year and all you mentioned is mostly what I do except free agency.

I was dieing to start this franchise, but there is indeed a major glitch in franchise options. After choosing all 32 teams, of course you want to change the options of your main team to user. Problem is once you do that, it changes for every other team as well. I hope I am wrong. Let me know.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #35
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker232
I have been doing the 32 team control for franchise every year and all you mentioned is mostly what I do except free agency.

I was dieing to start this franchise, but there is indeed a major glitch in franchise options. After choosing all 32 teams, of course you want to change the options of your main team to user. Problem is once you do that, it changes for every other team as well. I hope I am wrong. Let me know.
See post #32. I've done an edit to the "getting started section" to address that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker232

Ok Manning I did what you said, I backed up all not all is good. Thanks again man. Problem averted. Interface really is terrible.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:23 PM   #37
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5

wow, 3 hours on the game so far and just got to the 2nd preseason game. All these cuts of fake UDFA Rookies for 32 teams, then having to add a player to meet the minium req., then having to cut another UDFA rookie....that was just week 1. Wash rinse and repeat for week 2. Tedious to say the least, but once preseason is finished I'm hoping it moves just a tad bit faster.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:32 AM   #38
Pro

Thelorn's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm curious as to why some of you don't start the 32 control with the only user option selected as cut players so you only have to change the team your playing as to user from cpu? Seems to work for me on the few times I've restarted, would save some of you some time.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:01 AM   #39
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5

Thelorn, the problem with CPU cutting players is they keep the Fake UDFA Rookies on the team that have potentials over 80, and then cut those real players with overall's under 80. Then after preseason, the players that had potentials over 80, really have low overall ratings and all the CPU teams will have rosters with UDFA Rookies with extremely low Overalls. After a few seasons of this, all CPU teams will start to be composed of low rating players that the computer kept due to potentials being high. Thats my understanding at least. i have yet to get through a full season, let alone a preseason.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 9

Hey Manning,

I love your idea with the randomized resignings and expended it
into a little tool.
In this way, you dont have to enter so many numbers and memorize the results

Also, I didn't want to hijack any thread, so all the props for this to you:
Madden 12 32-Team Control Tool
NFL: Steelers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »