Home

Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? You worried about burning in the scoreboard?

This is a discussion on Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? You worried about burning in the scoreboard? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5
Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? Are youworried about burning in the scoreboard?

I am getting horrible image retention and am starting to get worried about burn in. I have a top or the line panasonic plasma i just got in June, and the picture is the best I've seen, but I'm worried about it's safety and think LCD would have made more sense for how much I game.

NHL 11 had the option to remove the score. At least give madden that option. Or better yet have it go away once the ball is snapped. It doesn't go away at all during a whole 40 minute game. At least with real football it gets broken up with commercial breaks.

Last edited by Rbk; 09-02-2011 at 01:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 01:25 AM   #2
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? You worried about burning in the scoreboard

5 letters...LCD TV. There is no reason for anyone to own a plasma screen nowadays considering the cheap price and size of modern day LCDs. I know that doesn't help you...just saying.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:34 AM   #3
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? You worried about burning in the scoreboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
5 letters...LCD TV. There is no reason for anyone to own a plasma screen nowadays considering the cheap price and size of modern day LCDs. I know that doesn't help you...just saying.
I owned plenty of LCD before. The picture doesnt even compare. The black levels on plasmas are way better, motion is way smoother. It is better in every aspect except for it's damn prone to static images for long periods of time.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:38 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Yeah man ncaa is terrible for it, after an hour the ea logo and the score board are burnt in, when I brought it they said it would bot happen unless its left there for a extended periods if time.

Getting a new tv due to them speaking outta there ***.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:41 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

its 2011 Plasmas dont burn in images anymore like it did back in the day. It will leave an image screen that wont be noticed when watching tv and will go away quickly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 01:42 AM   #6
Rookie

SoonerSports's Arena

OVR: 3

I recently got a 40' inch Samsung LED TV and it matches or surpasses my parents new 42' inch plasma they got for their house.
Carolina Panthers
Old 09-02-2011, 01:44 AM   #7
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

If your tv is as new as you say you should be just fine. Just watch a little full screen tv for a half hour or so after you play for a couple hours. Did you do the 100 hour burn in at a lower brightness/color setting when you first got the tv? Also your tv should have some sort of anti image retention tool that you can run after you play.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:48 AM   #8
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbk
I owned plenty of LCD before. The picture doesnt even compare. The black levels on plasmas are way better, motion is way smoother. It is better in every aspect except for it's damn prone to static images for long periods of time.
I agree 100 percent especially with black levels LCDs struggle with this.. I just like being able to live my tv on during a long nap without worrying about screen burn in as I wake up lol. I've seen burn in too many times on plasmas I don't deal with them at all. Would never touch one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »