Home

Bring Madden back to PC

This is a discussion on Bring Madden back to PC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #49
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
You say 'bashing EA' just because I say it's lazy not to have it on PC. And yet, NBA is all but an American sport and is bought (on PC pretty heavily). This is what is called competition. If NBA series didn't compete on PC, 2k would reap all the profits.
So lucrative for them on PC that they didn't bother including all of the features and it will get one patch, that's it. That doesn't really help your point, unless you want to call them lazy too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: Bring Madden back to PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
So lucrative for them on PC that they didn't bother including all of the features and it will get one patch, that's it. That doesn't really help your point, unless you want to call them lazy too.

No the whole patch thing year after year I wouldn't call lazy. I would call that incompetence. For something that comes out every year shouldn't have as many flaws as it apparently does. As I said on another thread, if a game other than American football had as many bugs year after year, it wouldn't exist anymore.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 01-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo

Games great (NBA2k13). Doesn't need a bunch of patches to make it even somewhat playable.

As far as taking features out. Madden has been king of that strategy for many years, and they've been exclusive to consoles. Patches and removed features is kind of a non argument for you to make here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #52
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Games great (NBA2k13). Doesn't need a bunch of patches to make it even somewhat playable.

As far as taking features out. Madden has been king of that strategy for many years, and they've been exclusive to consoles. Patches and removed features is kind of a non argument for you to make here.
I guess it boils down to a matter of opinion. For consoles, NBA didn't come out of the gate great for me, but to each their own.

AI offensive rebounding and fast breaks were in need of a patch.

And the run plays is still not working properly, some slider gurus feel that it's backward and you need to set the cpu run plays real low to get the computer to run plays instead of FB.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I guess it boils down to a matter of opinion. For consoles, NBA didn't come out of the gate great for me, but to each their own.

AI offensive rebounding and fast breaks were in need of a patch.

And the run plays is still not working properly, some slider gurus feel that it's backward and you need to set the cpu run plays real low to get the computer to run plays instead of FB.
I noticed the Off Reb. That's far less than the problems that Madden 13 started out with. You just can't compare the two (Madden and NBA2K13). That's all I was pointing out.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #54
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I noticed the Off Reb. That's far less than the problems that Madden 13 started out with. You just can't compare the two (Madden and NBA2K13). That's all I was pointing out.
I hear you, I think part of it for me is that 2k is fresh in my mind still, while Madden a long time ago.

Point is for me, you still need to tinker a lot with both of them, (especially the run plays for NBA 2k) to get a realistic game for me.

I was so disgusted at both of them, they weren't in my 360 for a long time.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #55
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
FIFA 13 is on PC, and it can be the superior product if your PC can run it maxed out. The graphics are far beyond what PS3 and 360 offer for the same game, simply due to texture quality and AA.

Piracy is no longer an issue with Origin. It's simply a matter of demographics. FIFA 13 is international and PC gaming is bigger internationally than it is in the US. They see a return of investment on the effort. Madden likely wouldn't. That's the bottom line for EA, on ANY decision made: "does this make us enough money?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
FIFA 13 is on PC, and it can be the superior product if your PC can run it maxed out. The graphics are far beyond what PS3 and 360 offer for the same game, simply due to texture quality and AA.

Piracy is no longer an issue with Origin. It's simply a matter of demographics. FIFA 13 is international and PC gaming is bigger internationally than it is in the US. They see a return of investment on the effort. Madden likely wouldn't. That's the bottom line for EA, on ANY decision made: "does this make us enough money?"
That's because EA won't introduce American football internationally. There are many people in many different countries that would buy the game if it were there.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »