Home

Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast?

This is a discussion on Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #57
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I feel you Sage but if NCAA 13 had a 2nd gameplay playbook reveal like Madden 13, then there would probably be no need for it in Madden. lol

Meaning if it's announced for NCAA 13, it would ruin it for Madden 13. You could be right though but the fact that even for the NCAA game play revael, they didn't show way more actual game footage, like tackling, makes me hopeful for physics being in both.
One of the reasons I don't think it's in NCAA is if you look at the gameplay trailer, the Florida pass over the middle has the same interaction as last year. The bowling pin type interaction. This should have been a time the interaction would have kicked in. Unless it still needs alot of tuning, I don't think it's in. I hope I'm wrong though.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 14

I can't wait for all the youtube videos of twisted limbs.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #59
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
Announcing the second gameplay blog on June 4th by saying a "monumental change to gameplay that will blur the line between virtual and reality" sounds like there setting up the limelight just fine, look at this thread already, June 4th is gonna be huge, they have the limelight.

You are correct in saying you never wanna get your hopes up especially given EA's history, but this one almost seems obvious.
Kinect anyone?
Old 04-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #60
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I bet IF this is in Madden that it will be in NCAA. If NCAA would have already announced this, they would have nothing to hype up Madden with other than presentation. And as we know, presentation don't sell the game. I believe NCAA had their huge announcement with all the gameplay changes, and I believe Madden will get their spot light by revealing the physics engine.

If you are doubting, look at both webcasts for both games revealing gameplay. Both games got the EXACT SAME gameplay changes, and the exact same people worked on both...whatever will be in Madden, will be in NCAA and vice versa. in the past, the old stuff from the madden the year before would go into next year's NCAA. I don't think this will be the case any more with the new EA team working on these games.

That is my prediction
I could see this being the case. Like I said before, even if NCAA does have it, there is no way they would have been able to announce it considering that Madden is sitting on it as a huge upgrade.

You also have to remember, that just about everything we have seen at this point in NCAA is either a) a replay of something chosen by EA b) a small clip of something in practice mode.

Although, the pessimist in me believes that if there was anything about physics in there (NCAA) the community day guys sure did a damn good job of hiding it.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 04-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #61
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Well when they revealed the NCAA playbooks, they clearly stated that the game was running on the ncaa 12 engine, and that they were using it just to show the visual upgrades they have made. I would say they did this on purpose so they don't slip up and reveal anything that is planned for Madden gameplay playbook 2. I guarantee that this is why they keep hammering it in our heads that this is NCAA/Madden 12 engine that they are showing now. if I was a betting man, this would be my bet.

The same exact guy built the same engine for both games...why would he make one far superior than the other? It would totally kill the sales of one of the games when they clearly want both to be equally successful. I bet with them fine tuning the gameplay and making it the exact same on both games that they will also be improving draft classes and such. I hope it is a big focus in dynasty/franchise this year!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
For the doubters and people who want a shorter video, here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34POV...ature=youtu.be
Thanks. Okay, they're definitely seems to be some type of physics finally implemented. I don't think it's "real-time" but its a huge step up either way. Glad to see this, can't wait to see more tackles though to really see whats going on!
Old 04-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #63
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Well when they revealed the NCAA playbooks, they clearly stated that the game was running on the ncaa 12 engine, and that they were using it just to show the visual upgrades they have made. I would say they did this on purpose so they don't slip up and reveal anything that is planned for Madden gameplay playbook 2. I guarantee that this is why they keep hammering it in our heads that this is NCAA/Madden 12 engine that they are showing now. if I was a betting man, this would be my bet.

The same exact guy built the same engine for both games...why would he make one far superior than the other? It would totally kill the sales of one of the games when they clearly want both to be equally successful. I bet with them fine tuning the gameplay and making it the exact same on both games that they will also be improving draft classes and such. I hope it is a big focus in dynasty/franchise this year!
Umm they been sharing the same dev team and same engine for the past 4 years. Larry has always worked on both games, just like Mike Scantlebury and Anthony White. Been that way for at least 4 years now.

Madden has always had stuff that NCAA didn't have.

I mean look how long Madden has had expanded passer ratings and expanded slider system. Look at the running animations of Madden and look at the running animations of NCAA over the past 3 years.

Madden has always had better running animations. Look at the size of the football in Madden and look at it in NCAA. Truth be told, Madden is EA Sports flagship title for North America. More money and resources is poured into Madden then NCAA.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #64
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Alright, there is a video up of people playing Madden 13 at the cover announcement. You mean to tell me not ONE SINGLE OS member was in NY for that thing? lol

Somebody dish the dirt! lol

EDIT- LOL. http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...ange-the-game/

I hope they just haven't implemented physics in this build. However, what was the build they showed with special teams then? lol

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 04-26-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »