Home

Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast?

This is a discussion on Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #65
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Umm they been sharing the same dev team and same engine for the past 4 years. Larry has always worked on both games, just like Mike Scantlebury and Anthony White. Been that way for at least 4 years now.

Madden has always had stuff that NCAA didn't have.

I mean look how long Madden has had expanded passer ratings and expanded slider system. Look at the running animations of Madden and look at the running animations of NCAA over the past 3 years.

Madden has always had better running animations. Look at the size of the football in Madden and look at it in NCAA. Truth be told, Madden is EA Sports flagship title for North America. More money and resources is poured into Madden then NCAA.
Madden does not get everything first. NCAA had HDR lighting first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #66
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

There is definitely something new there. You can't deny it. I have never seen any tackling look that good in Madden this gen. If its not physics, it could just be a new way of blending animations. But the way the leg moved on the Steelers player sure looked interesting.

Its also not out of the realm of possibility that something is not in NCAA but in Madden. This is usually always the case with something.

Last edited by PVarck31; 04-26-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Umm they been sharing the same dev team and same engine for the past 4 years. Larry has always worked on both games, just like Mike Scantlebury and Anthony White. Been that way for at least 4 years now.

Madden has always had stuff that NCAA didn't have.

I mean look how long Madden has had expanded passer ratings and expanded slider system. Look at the running animations of Madden and look at the running animations of NCAA over the past 3 years.

Madden has always had better running animations. Look at the size of the football in Madden and look at it in NCAA. Truth be told, Madden is EA Sports flagship title for North America. More money and resources is poured into Madden then NCAA.
I dont know why the extended Passer Rating arent in.
I know it isnt because of Player Likeness because like other ratings as long as they do have actual names and faces, then it doesnt matter. Like DPP, I dont see Likeness being a issue.

If it is some sort of game improvement that makes a big difference, it will be hard to continue playing NCAA they dont have it.

I think New Passing system might work better in Madden due to the extended ratings. It makes QBs not all the same when it comes to Accuracy. What is the real difference between 88-90 THA in NCAA. That might be a +3 TAM or TAD.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #68
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

im sorry fellas but as a full time fifa 12 player(right now its been the only game im playing for the past month or so)....that is NOT physics. what that looks like is just a longer cleaner animation for the guy spreading his legs. afterall, they did admit to over 450 new catch animations. im sure tackle animations got some love as always too.

in that tackle...it didnt do the weird "vantriliquist bobble legs" and then a "snap back" that the fifa physics does sometimes as someone suggested earlier. the animation was "controlled" unlike the fifa physics where they sometimes do weird outta control vantriliquist moves then snaps back into control. in that tackle his legs spread in a controlled manner, he even stepped on the ground and dug in the ground and pushed off to close his legs and get up. clean full animation only...not once did his limbs go outta control and have physics engine take over. i wanted to believe it, but its just not there.

im not gonna lie....the tackling editing in the vids is a good conspiracy and could (although very slim) hold weight. however, madden always has that way of hyping something up and making it seem as if its gonna be the obvious...only for it to be something else outta left field. remember last yr "its gonna change how u play madden forever"!!! everyone thought it was gonna be online franchise fixed and fully integrated...well it was f'n communities

they say june 4th ay?? i say thats gonna be kinect integration or something gimmicky. lets not forget how theyre hyping L stick controls for passing..."you can lead right left low high blah blah..." meanwhile ive always been able to do that since ps2. frankly these blogs must be for madden ppl that dont really know the intracacies and how deep the controls really go or something. im a over 20yr player of madden...cant make me fall for the banana in the tailpipe trick. i know whats new and what aint. lead passing is already there...only thing new is trajectories. dont believe me....hit up practice and throw passes holding left right down and up and watch it hit ur wr in his feet over his head to the left and right.

dont drink the kool aid just yet...."stay thirsty my friends"
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 04-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Its also not out of the realm of possibility that something is not in NCAA but in Madden. This is usually always the case with something.
This is something I dont really like, but I understand why. More popular game. Ages 6-45+ play/buy this game yearly.
But I feel if anything should be the same/both games get in same year, it should be gameplay. Since they share gamplay teams, it should be the same. I like that the controls and most of the gameplay features will be the same. I dont mind other non-gameplay features are shared because it might not fit in that game.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 15

If there is no physics I sure hope somebody at EA comes in here to at least let us know there isn't. This thread could be 2,000 posts long by the time June 4th comes around.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
im sorry fellas but as a full time fifa 12 player(right now its been the only game im playing for the past month or so)....that is NOT physics. what that looks like is just a longer cleaner animation for the guy spreading his legs. afterall, they did admit to over 450 new catch animations. im sure tackle animations got some love as always too.

in that tackle...it didnt do the weird "vantriliquist bobble legs" and then a "snap back" that the fifa physics does sometimes as someone suggested earlier. the animation was "controlled" unlike the fifa physics where they sometimes do weird outta control vantriliquist moves then snaps back into control. in that tackle his legs spread in a controlled manner, he even stepped on the ground and dug in the ground and pushed off to close his legs and get up. clean full animation only...not once did his limbs go outta control and have physics engine take over. i wanted to believe it, but its just not there.

im not gonna lie....the tackling editing in the vids is a good conspiracy and could (although very slim) hold weight. however, madden always has that way of hyping something up and making it seem as if its gonna be the obvious...only for it to be something else outta left field. remember last yr "its gonna change how u play madden forever"!!! everyone thought it was gonna be online franchise fixed and fully integrated...well it was f'n communities

they say june 4th ay?? i say thats gonna be kinect integration or something gimmicky. lets not forget how theyre hyping L stick controls for passing..."you can lead right left low high blah blah..." meanwhile ive always been able to do that since ps2. frankly these blogs must be for madden ppl that dont really know the intracacies and how deep the controls really go or something. im a over 20yr player of madden...cant make me fall for the banana in the tailpipe trick. i know whats new and what aint. lead passing is already there...only thing new is trajectories. dont believe me....hit up practice and throw passes holding left right down and up and watch it hit ur wr in his feet over his head to the left and right.

Great post man. This is what I'm saying as well.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #72
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda

You could be right. I dont think theres anybody that goes to these forums that doesnt relize for themselves that EA could let us down on June 4th with some Gimmicky feature. We dont need anyone to tell us that, I think we're all prepared for that reality.

However maybe i'm not 100% percent sure on something. Usually when they make a regular animation that we've seen in the past Maddens, dont they usually have to hook someone up in that suit with all the lights on it that record their movements? Im just asking because if that is the case on how they make their animations and someone moved their leg like that to record that tackle animation, then I really feel bad for that guys ACL right now.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »