Home

Fatigue and Auto Sub discussion

This is a discussion on Fatigue and Auto Sub discussion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Fatigue and Auto Sub discussion

I want to be clear that I am not calling this a bug. I just want to have a discussion on what I am seeing and hear peoples thoughts. I'm also not one to usually do tests like this but I'm just a bit frustrated because I think M13 is so close to being an awesome game.

Something about fatigue and auto subs was bothering me. I usually don't notice anything out of whack. I normally set my auto subs and they work and I move on. For whatever reason something didn't feel right so I did a test last night, which is not complete yet btw.

I played some offline games just to test subs. I did this on all-pro with the Bears.

First Test
I set my HB Sub Out at 99 and Sun In at 100. I left the fatigue slider at 50.

I ran Forte on 7 straight dive plays.
On 4th play he turned yellow.
On 6th play he turned orange
On 7th play he turned red.
Next play he is out.

Bush comes in on 3rd play he is yellow,
on 4th play orange
On 5th play red but drive ended.

Forte despite being set at 99 / 100 didn't come out of the game right away or come right back in. I'm keeping in mind this was at the start of the game but what does this mean? That when someone turns red they have reached the AS number? So after 7 plays Forte was at 99 stamina or whatver they are measuring?

Next Test Same auto subs settings but I set the fatigue slider to 70.
Play 3 forte is orange
Play 4 he is red
Play 5 he is out.

This sounds about right since the fatigue slider went up 20 points but he is set to 99/100 why is he in so long?

Next Tests Auto Sub Out set to 90 and Sub In set to 95. Fatigue slider still at 70
Play 3 forte is orange
Play 4 he is red
Play 5 he is out.
Play 6 Bush is blue
Play 8 Bush is yellow
Play 9 Bush is red
Play 10 he is out and Forte is in at yellow.

So it appears changing the Auto Subs did nothing to effect when he comes in and out of the game. It seems like the only thing having any kind of effect is the fatigue slider. If that is the case what is the Auto Subs function?

I plan to test this some more with higher fatigue slider and then in NCAA to see what kind of results I get. Again this is not something I normally do I just wanted to try something and then curiosity got the better of me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
I want to be clear that I am not calling this a bug. I just want to have a discussion on what I am seeing and hear peoples thoughts. I'm also not one to usually do tests like this but I'm just a bit frustrated because I think M13 is so close to being an awesome game.

Something about fatigue and auto subs was bothering me. I usually don't notice anything out of whack. I normally set my auto subs and they work and I move on. For whatever reason something didn't feel right so I did a test last night, which is not complete yet btw.

I played some offline games just to test subs. I did this on all-pro with the Bears.

First Test
I set my HB Sub Out at 99 and Sun In at 100. I left the fatigue slider at 50.

I ran Forte on 7 straight dive plays.
On 4th play he turned yellow.
On 6th play he turned orange
On 7th play he turned red.
Next play he is out.

Bush comes in on 3rd play he is yellow,
on 4th play orange
On 5th play red but drive ended.

Forte despite being set at 99 / 100 didn't come out of the game right away or come right back in. I'm keeping in mind this was at the start of the game but what does this mean? That when someone turns red they have reached the AS number? So after 7 plays Forte was at 99 stamina or whatver they are measuring?

Next Test Same auto subs settings but I set the fatigue slider to 70.
Play 3 forte is orange
Play 4 he is red
Play 5 he is out.

This sounds about right since the fatigue slider went up 20 points but he is set to 99/100 why is he in so long?

Next Tests Auto Sub Out set to 90 and Sub In set to 95. Fatigue slider still at 70
Play 3 forte is orange
Play 4 he is red
Play 5 he is out.
Play 6 Bush is blue
Play 8 Bush is yellow
Play 9 Bush is red
Play 10 he is out and Forte is in at yellow.

So it appears changing the Auto Subs did nothing to effect when he comes in and out of the game. It seems like the only thing having any kind of effect is the fatigue slider. If that is the case what is the Auto Subs function?

I plan to test this some more with higher fatigue slider and then in NCAA to see what kind of results I get. Again this is not something I normally do I just wanted to try something and then curiosity got the better of me.
Let me know how it goes. I don't less with sliders but I can pass your results on up. If you want you can email them to me as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Fatigue and Auto Sub discussion

You said you're playing offline, but are you playing within CCM? If so, that makes sense b/c the auto-sub sliders are not working.

If you're playing in play now, the auto sub sliders should be working and most of experienes w/ M13 suggest they are.

It's CCM where you run into auto-sub problems. You can increase fatigue to compensate, but the caveat is that you'll see players subbing who wouldn't in real life (OL, LB & S to a lesser degree). So the question (until/if it's fixed) is where is the balance? At what point can fatigue be set to guarantee your back-up RBs get carries yet your OL doesn't sub out?
Old 08-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Thanks RG you saved me from testing more. I didn't know Auto Subs wasn't working. Did a search before posting and didn't find a thread, even used a google search as well.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

OVR: 3

Yea CCM auto-subs are bugged out but fatigue can compensate like RG said. However I find it to be a pretty important thing to have my O-line and such sub out if they are red since red would indicate a player not playing his position to the best of his ability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Thanks RG you saved me from testing more. I didn't know Auto Subs wasn't working. Did a search before posting and didn't find a thread, even used a google search as well.
Not a problem. I guess it's b/c the game just came out, but with all the slider gurus on this forum, I'm surprised this issue hasn't garnered more attention.

It's a pain in my butt as someone who likes to see the backups get quality snaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathrneck34
Yea CCM auto-subs are bugged out but fatigue can compensate like RG said. However I find it to be a pretty important thing to have my O-line and such sub out if they are red since red would indicate a player not playing his position to the best of his ability.
Yeah, but it's not realistic. Your starting OL is your starting OL throughout the entire game IRL. Your starting LT isn't supposed to sub out -- even if he's gassed, the back up could come in and get your QB killed.

That's the importance of auto subs. Ideally my back ups at the skilled positions will get snaps, but the guys who play the entire game should play the entire game.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

EA needs an offline coaches philosophy menu (for play now and ccm) which includes sliders for RB1 vs RB2 carries. It would make this frustrating issue so much easier. I would also like to see a slot in the depth chart for a short yardage runningback (3rd or 4th and 2), and maybe even a goal-line back (In pittsburgh, Redman was the short yardage back, but Mendy was the goal-line back under Arians' offense).

Last edited by kwabalicious; 08-29-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Oh wow, didn't know about this. This explains alot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »