Home

Fatigue and Auto Sub discussion

This is a discussion on Fatigue and Auto Sub discussion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #9
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Fatigue and Auto Sub discussion

one thing about auto subs is you cant set the numbers that close, even if there is no bug present...im referring to ur out 99/ in 100. thats essentially out and right back in...in which he prolly wont even leave the field at all like u experienced until quite a few plays are ran and hes able to be forced below 99. fatigue is progressive too. it takes longer in the beginning to go down in fatigue than it does in the 2nd qtr for instance. and it does vary depending on the play and how it went. did u run 2 yds and get tackled quick...or did u do a sweep gun it to the outside with turbo for 5yds. or did u get hit pretty hard on the last play...it all seems to matter.

but either way, i wouldnt set the ins/outs so close if u want them to actually go out at all or for more than one play at a time. i usually do 10pt diffs or so...no less than 7pt diffs. that way when he goes out...im giving him a lil more time to take a breather and get my backup 2+ plays in a row depending on what part of the game its in.

so is autosubs broken on offline or online ccm? i have my fatigue for play now at 53 and my subs for skill guys is 70 out/80 in. on long drives im getting plenty of sub action all around even in the 1st qtr. its makes those 3rd down conversions hurt when ur already tired. for my oline i have it at 67/80. i may back that up to 65/80 tho. i dont want oline to sub alot, but i do want them to drop in and get a few snaps a gm cuz we all know starter oline rarely get injured in played gms so backups ride the pine and regress. maybe now tho with us controlling our destiny with progression i can focus on bettering backup oline without them needing as many snaps...

oh yea...im running 7-8 min qtrs for reference
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 08-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Damn Auto Subs dont work in CCM? Jesus this is a cluster****. They took away our ability to edit cpu teams formation subs and the only way to get consistent carries from the 2nd RB on a cpu team is auto subs. Now that doesnt even work.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Damn Auto Subs dont work in CCM? Jesus this is a cluster****. They took away our ability to edit cpu teams formation subs and the only way to get consistent carries from the 2nd RB on a cpu team is auto subs. Now that doesnt even work.

I've been using my "spell HB" sub in package when my starter gets yellow. Of course I have to flip it back when my starter gets rested but it's at least a workaround.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #12
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

Now with the era of the committee backfield and depth being more important than ever, I really try and make sure my auto subs are realistic. This definitely is a buzz kill... especially now that I want to use Hillman as my Darren Sproles wannabe back and Mcgahee as my primary runner.

Guess I'll have to settle for formation subs until this is fixed.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosstheriver
I've been using my "spell HB" sub in package when my starter gets yellow. Of course I have to flip it back when my starter gets rested but it's at least a workaround.
My concern is with the cpu teams. I can control when I sub in my RBs but without CPU formation sub control (taken away this year) or auto subs (bugged on CCM) the CPU will run the same RB the entire game. If I play against the saints, Thomas, Ingram and Sproles should get carries. Without auto subs only, Thomas will get carries with Sproles only coming in as the 3rd down back.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
My concern is with the cpu teams. I can control when I sub in my RBs but without CPU formation sub control (taken away this year) or auto subs (bugged on CCM) the CPU will run the same RB the entire game. If I play against the saints, Thomas, Ingram and Sproles should get carries. Without auto subs only, Thomas will get carries with Sproles only coming in as the 3rd down back.
Ah of course. Yeah I agree. I am thinking they will fix the auto-sub thing though. that's a pretty important part of the "immersion factor" that Looman spent a lot of time talking about. not having backups get carries is a pretty big immersion breaker.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #15
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
so is autosubs broken on offline or online ccm?
It's broken in both. I'm not sure why people keep thinking online and offline CCM are different when EA spent months telling us it was the same thing.

As for your other note I wasn't expecting realistic result with 99/100 which is why I set it to 90/95, then 80/85 none of that matters because only the fatigue slider works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #16
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Your concern is realized as this is exactly what happens when you play against the Saints. Pieree Thomas gets 90% of the work.

Again, you can turn up fatigue, but good luck running the ball when your interior guards start getting subbed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
It's broken in both. I'm not sure why people keep thinking online and offline CCM are different when EA spent months telling us it was the same thing.
Actually, there are some differences in online & offline CCMs. I haven't picked up on the all the differences, but things do seem to be tuned differently.

In my testing, I found that injuries are damn near broken in offline CCM. Sim injuries are rare, and players that are injured in-game and are scheduled to be out for weeks often don't hit the injury report. Thus they are miraculously healthy the following week. In my test online CCM, I've seen more sim injuries and my RB who was injured in-game did indeed remain injured after the game.

These are just some differences I've noticed in limited testing. They're supposed to be identical, but I think there are some tuning discrepancies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »