Home

I Dont See What People Are Talking About...CPU AI

This is a discussion on I Dont See What People Are Talking About...CPU AI within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #33
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: I Dont See What People Are Talking About...CPU AI

I can do all sorts of things with sliders. and everything is perfect stat wise

EXCEPT

the cpu run game. even if you max out cpu running on ALL MADDEN, I will still shut the cpu run game down to under 20 yards per game, without even trying.

IM NOT THAT GOOD. I dont LOOK for glitches, and when I find them I go away* from them

Usually stopping the run I would cheat my safety up a bit into the box on a play he shouldnt be in the box, ive stopped doing that on OBVIOUS run plays, ive stopped choosing run/pass before the play, Ive tried EVERYTHING.

in play now the cpu can run the ball. in CCM the cpu will run the ball up the gut, see a defender, and literally TURN COMPLETELY AROUND and run backwards. backwards.

how this hasnt been fixed is something I still dont understand, maybe the game testers just get gashed in the run game, I dont know, but I really cant understand how anyone* can allow the cpu to run well on them without overpursuing a play and giving them a long run

cpu vs me on all madden last 5 games totals: CPU passing ALL between 250-350. I was held to the same type of numbers, while the cpu run game put up -5, -12, 14, 25, -1. if thats not broken, then I guess im so good at stopping the cpu run game that I can dominate* the cpu on the hardest difficulty? no. just no, im not that good
Old 09-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #34
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
you are blind then. you don't need to do much to stop the cpu. even with house rules.
gameflow
no switch rule
no audible or hot routes

and still shutting the cpu off. all madden is not all madden. it plays like last year pro. you need to heavily change sliders to get every once in a while a decent game from the cpu

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Just because he does NOT see what others are seeing,does not make him "blind". I have been using a heavily modded pro set of sliders,and have been having some real good games.

Instead of the constant complaining about all-madden (this seems to be the trend) look for other solutions,as they are there with folks getting some good games from the cpu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I have to believe that a number of the CPU runs you give up are due to missing a tackle or taking bad angles of pursuit on the user controlled end. If I have CPU rushing sliders at 100 and USER rush defense sliders at ZERO, I SHOULD GET RUN ON
Oh,you mean like what happens on Sundays? how many times have you seen a back go "untouched" for a long run?....it usually stems from either a missed tackle or poor angle.

I'm not saying All-Madden doesn't have issues,but there ARE alternatives out there to get the cpu to play a decent game until the patch comes down the pipeline...but it seems "complaining" is the best thing to do.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Just because he does NOT see what others are seeing,does not make him "blind". I have been using a heavily modded pro set of sliders,and have been having some real good games.

Instead of the constant complaining about all-madden (this seems to be the trend) look for other solutions,as they are there with folks getting some good games from the cpu.

Oh,you mean like what happens on Sundays? how many times have you seen a back go "untouched" for a long run?....it usually stems from either a missed tackle or poor angle.

I'm not saying All-Madden doesn't have issues,but there ARE alternatives out there to get the cpu to play a decent game until the patch comes down the pipeline...but it seems "complaining" is the best thing to do.
Some adjustments works for some people to get the CPU running but nothing works for others(Like me). That's just how it is man. No matter how much some people claim they have the solution for the CPU running it's not going to work for guys who play great run defense. The CPU can run on anybody in Play now.. That's part of the frustration for some of us.. I haven't played madden in about a week because I'm frustrated and bored with how week the AI is in CCM. I can't remember the last time I ever did that and I been playing Madden since 91..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #36
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Some adjustments works for some people to get the CPU running but nothing works for others(Like me). That's just how it is man. No matter how much some people claim they have the solution for the CPU running it's not going to work for guys who play great run defense. The CPU can run on anybody in Play now.. That's part of the frustration for some of us.. I haven't played madden in about a week because I'm frustrated and bored with how week the AI is in CCM. I can't remember the last time I ever did that and I been playing Madden since 91..
The way in which you try to belittle those is amusing.
So I guess it's the trend that those of us that ARE getting a good game is because we don't know how to play "great run defense"...

Like I've stated,it IS possible to get a game from the cpu...but (again) it's the best thing to complain isn't it.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #37
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

OVR: 0

How am i blind??? I'm just tellin' people that the CPU is running great against me...And yes I have seen the videos of Play Now vs CCM...And like I said on normal speed Run DMC was running "Poor" but on "Very Fast Speed" he was running with passion... And Jarodd21 I'm actually using yur sliders to get these results lol... I guess gamers got different probs than others...maybe y'all should try Very Fast for game speed
Old 09-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 7

Bottom line for me is that the CPU runs entirely too much. There is no balance in run/pass for the CPU offense unles you are already up by 14 or more points. Teams like the Packers, etc. are running 70% of the time with elite QBs. This is just not the case in the NFL. And until we can edit these playcalling features for coaches or playbooks, this game will continue to collect dust on my shelf until NBA 2K13...
Old 09-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
The way in which you try to belittle those is amusing.
So I guess it's the trend that those of us that ARE getting a good game is because we don't know how to play "great run defense"...

Like I've stated,it IS possible to get a game from the cpu...but (again) it's the best thing to complain isn't it.
I'm not trying to belittle anyone.. What other way can I look at it when alot of us can't get the CPU to run in CCM no matter what we do. I can't speak for others but I do play great run defense and I'm a beast with the player I control but the CPUs rushing in CCM is so bad that my AI players usually wipe out the play before I get there. You always take things personal like someone is attacking you man.. Haha! If you follow my history on OS with the sliders you would know I don't complain about much because I never had issues getting the CPU to be competitive with my sliders up until now.. I'm not knocking the guys that are having fun and getting the CPU to run on them but it is an issue for alot of us and you can't let your ego get in the way thinking a certain set that works for you should work for everybody because everyone skill level is different. That's all I'm saying.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #40
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I'm not trying to belittle anyone.. What other way can I look at it when alot of us can't get the CPU to run in CCM no matter what we do. I can't speak for others but I do play great run defense and I'm a beast with the player I control but the CPUs rushing in CCM is so bad that my AI players usually wipe out the play before I get there. You always take things personal like someone is attacking you man.. Haha! If you follow my history on OS with the sliders you would know I don't complain about much because I never had issues getting the CPU to be competitive with my sliders up until now.. I'm not knocking the guys that are having fun and getting the CPU to run on them but it is an issue for alot of us and you can't let your ego get in the way thinking a certain set that works for you should work for everybody because everyone skill level is different. That's all I'm saying.
The thing that gets me is people seem to skim over the most important part....whether CCM works for you or not, it STILL, without QUESTION, is not the same CPU offense we see in Play Now.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »