Home

I Dont See What People Are Talking About...CPU AI

This is a discussion on I Dont See What People Are Talking About...CPU AI within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #41
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I Dont See What People Are Talking About...CPU AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
The way in which you try to belittle those is amusing.
So I guess it's the trend that those of us that ARE getting a good game is because we don't know how to play "great run defense"...

Like I've stated,it IS possible to get a game from the cpu...but (again) it's the best thing to complain isn't it.
He didnt belittle you at all. The truth of the matter is that for those of us that cant get a good game have tested, tried , and played about every variation and level of this years game on ccm and cant get a challenge.

A few people creating threads that say, "I Dont See What People Are Talking About...CPU AI" are directly hurting thos of us who can't get a competitive game by showing the devs that our opinion is somehow illegitimate. Im happy that some of you get great games!! Thats wonderful. Put it in the impressions thread. For others the game is unenjoyable in its current form because we cannot under any circumstances get a real sustained challenge from the ai.

In my opinion, if you are having great games where the cpu is beating on you without house rules, yes you probably aren't as good a player as someone who institutes everything in the cpu's favor, uses gameplan and house rules to handicap themselves, and then still goes 19-0 every season with the Browns. This opinion is common sense driven, but common sense isn't so common now is it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreengutta
How am i blind??? I'm just tellin' people that the CPU is running great against me...And yes I have seen the videos of Play Now vs CCM...And like I said on normal speed Run DMC was running "Poor" but on "Very Fast Speed" he was running with passion... And Jarodd21 I'm actually using yur sliders to get these results lol... I guess gamers got different probs than others...maybe y'all should try Very Fast for game speed
I'm glad you are enjoying the set man. I just can't lie about my results just to make my sliders look good. The CPU hasn't came close to having a good game rushing on me in CCM and I do play on Very fast. That's the only speed I like to use... On Play now I get great results from the CPU though..
Old 09-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
The thing that gets me is people seem to skim over the most important part....whether CCM works for you or not, it STILL, without QUESTION, is not the same CPU offense we see in Play Now.

Exactly...
Old 09-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #44
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

I'd be interested to know what position people play as on D.

In recent games, I have tried controlling different players on the field to see if my AI teammates and the CPU AI reacts differently and it might have some effect.

What position do people use on D?

I use MLB or sometimes the OLB, and even my AI teammates seem to pounce on every run. When I was using a D lineman, it seemed like my teammates were slower to react. Maybe the guys not getting the problem use a different player on the field, and maybe your teammates react differently based on what position you are controlling and how you react.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #45
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Saying the CPU AI isnt broken in CCM is straight ignorance and hurts the game. I don't understand some people. Maybe you wanna get attention and be different.

Use any sliders in both CCM and Play Now. Choose who you think the best RB is and play as who you think the worst run D team is. Pick just run blitzs and focus on stopping the run for a half or as long as you can stand. If you can't see a difference you are a liar. the CPU RB won't gain more than 20 yards in CCM by half time, it's that bad. Even the worst RB in the NFL would do better than that 10 games out of 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #46
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Saying the CPU AI isnt broken in CCM is straight ignorance and hurts the game. I don't understand some people. Maybe you wanna get attention and be different.

Use any sliders in both CCM and Play Now. Choose who you think the best RB is and play as who you think the worst run D team is. Pick just run blitzs and focus on stopping the run for a half or as long as you can stand. If you can't see a difference you are a liar. the CPU RB won't gain more than 20 yards in CCM by half time, it's that bad. Even the worst RB in the NFL would do better than that 10 games out of 10.
Absolutely agree. Although, I want it to be possible to hold the RB to dismal numbers, but have it be the exception rather than the rule. It does happen in real life.

Chris Johnson plays exactly like his CCM counterpart right now.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlight85
Absolutely agree. Although, I want it to be possible to hold the RB to dismal numbers, but have it be the exception rather than the rule. It does happen in real life.

Chris Johnson plays exactly like his CCM counterpart right now.

Hahahahahahaha!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #48
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

OVR: 0

Like I said...I play on Jarodd21 sliders and on Very Fast game speed with Gameflow... 0 Threshold and I start by controlling the FS or SS... Im not tryna bash anybody who is not getting a good CPU run game... I hope everybody can get god results so we all can enjoy the game...All I said was "I" don't see what everybody is talking about... When I used Jarodd21 sliders on Very Fast great running game... I tried Jarodd21 sliders on normal speed and the CPU running game was horid...So for the 1,000th time try on Very Fast speed and if yu have already...That sux lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »