Home

EA Sports & NFL - Tracking Player Movement, Looking to Revolutionize Madden Ratings

This is a discussion on EA Sports & NFL - Tracking Player Movement, Looking to Revolutionize Madden Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #41
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: EA Sports & NFL - Tracking Player Movement, Looking to Revolutionize Madden Ratin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
One reason why many of the ratings seem to make no sense is because they do not apply when you are controlling the player and speed/agility are the only built in parameters for how good a guy can be when you control him.

I've seen people have 600 + passing yard games with Tebow
[sarcasm] Tebow is the greatest QB to ever grace the sidelines in a Jets uniform. Thou shalt not insult The Great Tebow! [/sarcasm]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: EA Sports & NFL - Tracking Player Movement, Looking to Revolutionize Madden Ratin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
[sarcasm] Tebow is the greatest QB to ever grace the sidelines in a Jets uniform. Thou shalt not insult The Great Tebow! [/sarcasm]
Wow, without the sarcasm marks I thought you were Jon Gruden or Skip Bayless there! You had me going for a bit!
Old 01-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #43
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
Don't have to be in Madden, Corner route, corner route, corner route, hitch, out, hitch, corner route. The fact that they took out defensive match-up is magnified when offensive teams can manipulate match-ups by moving their WR's wherever they want.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 01-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
One reason why many of the ratings seem to make no sense is because they do not apply when you are controlling the player and speed/agility are the only built in parameters for how good a guy can be when you control him.

I've seen people have 600 + passing yard games with Tebow

Well, I guess that confirms I suck at this game because I don't even come close to that with Pryor, who's rated similarly!

I think the most yards I've ever had, like ever is probably 400 or so. About 300 once in a long while with Pryor.

Accuracy sure seems to apply. I use Flacco, and make throws more easily that are almost close your eyes and pray (or don't bother, or get ready to tackle your INT) as Pryor.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:55 AM   #45
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

I like what I hear, but who knows how it will turn out or if they will even use it. Seems like they are trying to build a database of attributes for each player, this would throw numerical ratings out the book entirely. Now all they need to do is put these chips on every player in the league shoulder pads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #46
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

In time I could see this being standard for every player on the field. Over here in Australia in some sports they have used a more simple version where they track heart BPM for display on the TV broadcasts.

Anyway data collection is the future for just about every aspect of life, not just sports. I'm no futurist but they say in 10 years, some silly percentage of people will be employed in fields that don't even exist right now - I can see a future where the majority of people either directly or indirectly are employed by data mining and analytics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »