Home

EA Sports & NFL - Tracking Player Movement, Looking to Revolutionize Madden Ratings

This is a discussion on EA Sports & NFL - Tracking Player Movement, Looking to Revolutionize Madden Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #33
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Madden in it current iteration has what 50 ratings yet only a handful of them even matter. This all sounds great, but until there is a way to make individual player play like individuals none of this stuff will matter. Not only that but no one knows how all these ratings interact with each other.

Which is better a CB with 99 man coverage and 30 awareness or 30 man coverage and 99 awareness? No one knows and EA won't say.
That's because EA don't know.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports & NFL - Tracking Player Movement, Looking to Revolutionize Madden Ratin

where is the difference between 86 catching and 80 catching?

i think madden should go to A-F rating instead of scale of 1-100

and emphasizing players tendency would be nice (like AFP)

often players in madden play too similarly
Old 01-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #35
Rookie

NikeBlitz's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: EA Sports & NFL - Tracking Player Movement, Looking to Revolutionize Madden Ratin

At first i thought it was about "core" player movement, i'll keep the champagne fresh just in case.

The technology seems cool, but i don't really care if it helps to found out that CJ2K is a 96 speed and D Jax a 98.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 21

How many of you guys have noticed that while manually progressing a player so few things actually seem to matter.

Just a common place example, I've got Kendrall Mills a second year guy and Legaratte Blount as my HBs.

Mills is a high 90 in both speed and agility, mid to low 70 overall. Had some issues staying healthy, I found pouring xp into toughness really seems to help that. Bob Sanders could never stay healthy, toughness seemed to remedy it until I could stock up his actually injury rating.

Tonite...Mills had 320 some yards in a game. Speed meaning want it does and pursuit angles being so poor, if he turns then corner is usually over. I was quite surprised late in the game, he got visibly slower so I made up my mind to spend xp on stamina.

In doing so, I found the guy has 19 awareness. He makes cuts more fluid than any back I've had. Infact, in an online CCM I traded Peterson away to use him more and grabbed Blount in FA.

Something is way off when players come in that "stupid" and do so much damage. I'm all for anything to make the game more complete but a lot of the ratings have to start showing major effects on player performance before anything else.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #37
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Accurate ratings are useless when the fundamental movement, locomotion, and momentum of players is not accurate. Until EA Sports rebuilds Madden from the ground up with those three items as the foundation (something they tried to do and failed at several years ago), ratings will mean little except for the 5 minute based simulation engine.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #38
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

We need one of these for every rating in Madden.

http://www.sotl.com/clintoldenburg/p...ng-for-linemen

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 01-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
We need one of these for every rating in Madden.

http://www.sotl.com/clintoldenburg/p...ng-for-linemen
One down, about 60 to go!!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

One reason why many of the ratings seem to make no sense is because they do not apply when you are controlling the player and speed/agility are the only built in parameters for how good a guy can be when you control him.

I've seen people have 600 + passing yard games with Tebow

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »