Home

Major League Gaming is Running Weekly Prize Tournaments and Prize Ladders

This is a discussion on Major League Gaming is Running Weekly Prize Tournaments and Prize Ladders within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #25
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Major League Gaming hosting Madden 25 $1k Ladder and Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLG_MasterMoyer
Please let me know what cheeze you have seen so far? Game just came out, but if the community wants something to go, it will be gone. Also did you play in a tournament or in the FREE ladder for $1K yet? Kind of doesn't mean anything to give such a statement if you haven't played in any yet. I'm pretty sure the answer is no as I do not see your gamertag playing in any Madden Ladders or tournaments yet. Sounds like to me another person who complains, does not play and does not give real feedback to us to better the community. That's why I'm here, to get input from the community that PLAYS and make it better for everyone.
I will be Reboxing M25 this week so I plan on trying out this tourney and will give some constructive feedback in this thread. I think it's good that you are displaying an effort to find ways to better competitive online gaming to make it more inclusive and I will definitely help with that as much as possible.

That said, I am also mindful of the seeming current state of competitive gaming, again as a gamer that dabbled in it for a few years. So it's understandable the stigma that it has for some, given the cavalier attitude displayed by so many involved with it in the past. I remember back when I played on another competitive site which is now partnered directly with EA and trying to offer them feedback only to have them give me the standard "we are looking into this and other things to improve, thanks for your feedback" type response.

Also the interaction with some self described "freestyle" or "tourney" gamers about the topic of more game play parameters, sportsmanship and overall options to make it more inclusive for those that don't embrace the "do whatever it takes to win" philosophy for a flawed video game, can be off putting as well. I think those are some things to consider when coming across some of the more skeptical gamers about competitive gaming online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #26
MLG Community Manager, Sports

MLG_MasterMoyer's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I will be Reboxing M25 this week so I plan on trying out this tourney and will give some constructive feedback in this thread. I think it's good that you are displaying an effort to find ways to better competitive online gaming to make it more inclusive and I will definitely help with that as much as possible.

That said, I am also mindful of the seeming current state of competitive gaming, again as a gamer that dabbled in it for a few years. So it's understandable the stigma that it has for some, given the cavalier attitude displayed by so many involved with it in the past. I remember back when I played on another competitive site which is now partnered directly with EA and trying to offer them feedback only to have them give me the standard "we are looking into this and other things to improve, thanks for your feedback" type response.

Also the interaction with some self described "freestyle" or "tourney" gamers about the topic of more game play parameters, sportsmanship and overall options to make it more inclusive for those that don't embrace the "do whatever it takes to win" philosophy for a flawed video game, can be off putting as well. I think those are some things to consider when coming across some of the more skeptical gamers about competitive gaming online.
I hear you and understand 100%. I would like to say though that if we as a community want to grow, we need to not let the past keep us from what we are trying to accomplish now and in the future.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:54 AM   #27

MLG_MasterMoyer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rghdtyjtwen
Are you referring to the ladder or tournament?
Please quote what you are referring to please.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #28

MLG_MasterMoyer's Arena

Icon4 Re: Major League Gaming hosting Madden 25 $1k Ladder and Tournaments

Thread updated with link to the Weekly MLG Madden tournament! You can JOIN.PLAY.WIN$$$ here: http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming...25/tournament/

We will post the weekly tournaments at that link.

Also if you have any inputs, questions or concerns, please feel free to post in this thread or tweet me @mastermoyer.

Thanks,
Maurice
Old 09-04-2013, 01:53 AM   #29

MLG_MasterMoyer's Arena

Also to keep thread as up to date as possible, I will post every week the current tournament in this thread.

This week MLG is hosting the 1v1 Madden 25 250 Series Tournament Click the tournament name for details and if you have ANY questions,comments or concerns, please post in this thread or tweet me @mastermoyer
Old 09-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 10

I wish MLG would just die.

It isn't gonna go back to it's glory days and there's way too many kids who ddos/ host boot/ etc. . . for wins nowadays for gamebattles to even be took seriously.

and what do you mean by what cheeze have you seen?

The out routes, the curl routes, the read options. LOL what are you saying
Old 09-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #31
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Two quick questions. One the accelerated clock, from what I understand about it, it accounts for representing the amount of time that would elapse in the real NFL between plays that doesn't in Madden because there is just not that much to do between plays generally. However I never use it it when playing in my leisure unless I'm using much longer quarters, like 10 min+ because it cuts the game entirely too short, imo. With the ladders having 6 min quarters it would seem to drastically reduce the time of the games and make a two score lead at the half, 9+ points, a game where the leader could just try to run out as much clock as possible and forcing the player behind to pass way more to conserve it.

Secondly, the random team selection, I'm trying to understand how that works exactly. I almost always play exclusively with the Redskins so under what circumstances would I be required to use a random team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #32

MLG_MasterMoyer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac1991
I wish MLG would just die.

It isn't gonna go back to it's glory days and there's way too many kids who ddos/ host boot/ etc. . . for wins nowadays for gamebattles to even be took seriously.

and what do you mean by what cheeze have you seen?

The out routes, the curl routes, the read options. LOL what are you saying
Dmac, IDK if you played GB ladders or any tournaments lately, but I'll tell you what, There is a procedure in place to handle those who DDOS during matches. Also it does not help you in tournaments. The way we handle is the match must be completed. So that is not a issue for tournaments. Second, IDK what your skill level is at madden, but out routes can be stoped and jumped for picks this year. Also curls can be predicted with linebackers and zone. Also the read option can be stopped it will always depends on your defense of set and plan.

Great inputs, but to say you want something, that is trying to grow the community, to die is just plain rude and disrespectful. I'm here to work with you guys to improve these issues, and make the game enjoyable. If you are a true Madden fan, I hope you will understand that to make this community better and the competitive side of the game better, you need to be positive and give ways to fix these issues and better the situation instead of shooting it down and say you want it to die.

Thanks,
Maurice

Last edited by MLG_MasterMoyer; 09-04-2013 at 02:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »