Home

Major League Gaming is Running Weekly Prize Tournaments and Prize Ladders

This is a discussion on Major League Gaming is Running Weekly Prize Tournaments and Prize Ladders within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
MLG Community Manager, Sports

MLG_MasterMoyer's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Major League Gaming is Running Weekly Prize Tournaments and Prize Ladders

Compete weekly in the Major League Gaming tournaments!

Don’t know who or what MLG is?
MLG is a Professional ESports organization which was founded in 2002.

MLG runs tournaments for many titles including Madden, NBA 2K, FIFA, and NHL and always looking for other sports titles out there people enjoy playing.

You can check out all the tournaments we are running here:
http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/tournaments

Please shoot me any comments or feedback you have and I will respond as soon as possible. I’m here for the community and want to provide the best tournament experience for you.

Thanks,
Community Manager of Sports
Major League Gaming
Maurice

Last edited by MLG_MasterMoyer; 12-05-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Major League Gaming hosting Madden 25 $1k Ladder and Tournaments

Why is it only for XBOX?

If there is a PS3 version could you link me to it plz?

Thx!
Old 08-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #3

MLG_MasterMoyer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Why is it only for XBOX?

If there is a PS3 version could you link me to it plz?

Thx!
Are you referring to the ladder or tournament? This specific tournament and ladder is on the Xbox 360, but I can throw one up for PS3 too if the support for PS3 is there. Just tell your Playstation buddies to hit up the thread or tweet me and I will get one up.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

This sounds very interesting but at the same time can cause alot of problems, for example....

• I don't have a capture card, so if the player I played against reported he won when indeed he didn't, I have no proof and then it becomes he say/she say. Unless the rules changed, once you have 3 disputes (3 games which both users reported different results, for those who don't know) you're not allowed to play a game... How can this be avoided, if I am an honest player just without the luxury of having a capture card? I'm not going to have my phone on deck at all times readied on the camera, people quit out of nowhere so I may miss the opportunity.

• Tournament play is very suspect, definitely alot of cheesing going on in here, alot of super zig-zagging, some nanos possibly, in my experience with GB, possibly 1 out of every 4 users. It becomes less about "lets play football out here and may the best man win", and more about "doesn't matter how you do it, just finish with the most points when the clock says :00." I'm not trying to shoot down your parade, but such and such user uses nanos on defense, runs the same 3 money plays on offense, and is just the kind of player many people wish to avoid in online games... does this not matter? Or is it a (hate to sound harsh) do whatever it takes to win the game? Also in my experience, these kind of opponents are usually the ones on the top of the ladder.

I mean, the game just came out 2 days ago, and a 1K prize is something that'll grasp someone's attention. That kind of prize money will welcome all sorts of users and questionable style of play. Are there any sort of rules in place??
Old 08-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #5

MLG_MasterMoyer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
This sounds very interesting but at the same time can cause alot of problems, for example....

• I don't have a capture card, so if the player I played against reported he won when indeed he didn't, I have no proof and then it becomes he say/she say. Unless the rules changed, once you have 3 disputes (3 games which both users reported different results, for those who don't know) you're not allowed to play a game... How can this be avoided, if I am an honest player just without the luxury of having a capture card? I'm not going to have my phone on deck at all times readied on the camera, people quit out of nowhere so I may miss the opportunity.

• Tournament play is very suspect, definitely alot of cheesing going on in here, alot of super zig-zagging, some nanos possibly, in my experience with GB, possibly 1 out of every 4 users. It becomes less about "lets play football out here and may the best man win", and more about "doesn't matter how you do it, just finish with the most points when the clock says :00." I'm not trying to shoot down your parade, but such and such user uses nanos on defense, runs the same 3 money plays on offense, and is just the kind of player many people wish to avoid in online games... does this not matter? Or is it a (hate to sound harsh) do whatever it takes to win the game? Also in my experience, these kind of opponents are usually the ones on the top of the ladder.

I mean, the game just came out 2 days ago, and a 1K prize is something that'll grasp someone's attention. That kind of prize money will welcome all sorts of users and questionable style of play. Are there any sort of rules in place??
To address your first question, during ladder play, you don't need a capture card. You can also get picture proof as long as it's valid. Valid mean with gamertag from recently played list or anything that displayed gamertags. For tournaments, we have a community set up for it and it will record who quits and loses. Also I will be personally monitoring matches during all tournaments. We are also working on more ways to handle those who cheat and lie with our ban system and timeframes stated at bottom of ladder rules page. People don't want to lose game time with bans in the 1K ladder as they will fall behind or if it's a serious enough issue with a user, we will disqualify them from the ladder completely. Another way we will handle these issues with the next gen consoles is that we can watch matches too, we will see how that goes when they come out.

Addressing the second question, I've been around GB and Madden since 2008. I know exactly what you are talking about and we adjust rules to handle cheesy plays and situations. We even at times ban custom blitz with overload to initiate a nano, but this game is fairly new and I have not seen it yet. Now if it comes to the point where we need to regulate it, I will do so . That's what I'm working with the community for is to limit these issues and to make the game and tournaments better for everyone. If changes need to be made, let me know and it will get done.

Also all rules in place for the ladder are stated here:
http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.../singles/rules

and rules for the tournament are stated here:
http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming...0-series/rules

Now if you feel there is a glitch or some cheesy plays going on, let me know and possible show me and I will ban or restrict the use of it.

Thanks, Great concerns and questions
MLG Moyer

Last edited by MLG_MasterMoyer; 08-29-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Just wanted to toss my two cents in, as a former competitive gamer, former because of the seeming lack of regulation in online competitive play. I agree that these type of online tournaments will have more potential next-gen due to the built-in spectator capability. Also glad to hear that your site is using online communities in-game to track W/L and hopefully in the future, you guys will consider using sliders and ratings adjustments too. Reason being that I believe there is a large untapped competitive market out there, where gamers want a regulated environment with as realistic game play parameters as possible. Limitations, ie rules, are what give sports an enjoyable challenge, not the current wild west free for all of most online competitive gaming.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #7

MLG_MasterMoyer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Just wanted to toss my two cents in, as a former competitive gamer, former because of the seeming lack of regulation in online competitive play. I agree that these type of online tournaments will have more potential next-gen due to the built-in spectator capability. Also glad to hear that your site is using online communities in-game to track W/L and hopefully in the future, you guys will consider using sliders and ratings adjustments too. Reason being that I believe there is a large untapped competitive market out there, where gamers want a regulated environment with as realistic game play parameters as possible. Limitations, ie rules, are what give sports an enjoyable challenge, not the current wild west free for all of most online competitive gaming.
First, I want to say Hail to the Redskins! I'm the biggest Redskin fan. Second, we are looking into many different changes including sliders and adjustments when needed, but the game just came out and it's too early for any adjustments. They will come in time. I have a vision of the best competitive Madden play and it's all based off what you guys show and tell us. Please, if you have any recommendation for changes or additions now, let me know and I will get a discussion started about it and make those adjustments.

Thanks for your input and noted,
MLG Moyer
Old 08-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #8

MLG_MasterMoyer's Arena

The Madden 25 Kickoff tournament is tomorrow at 6pm EST! Don't miss out on your chance to win cash prize and be the first to be considered a pro in the game.

Also, the $1K ladder has kicked off and teams are fighting for those top 16 slots. Join now and start playing matches for the 1K in prizes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »